Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Line Ball

Training from the second last league game on Friday 28th August to their next league game on Saturday 3 October is five weeks.  For many they had nothing to play for so why would teams continue to train?  Cant blame the clubs entirely but you would think that pride at least would put a team on the pitch.  CB have alot for answer as well for obviously knowing that putting a 5 week gap between the last two games of the season would cause these problems like it did today with teams not fielding.  The Down Way from CB shines through again.

charlieTully

Quote from: Town Gael on October 03, 2015, 06:58:00 PM
I think teams who choose not to field shiuld be punished severly. Makes a mockery of the whole thing

Fcuk your in full on keyboard warrior mode. Poucher  should kick your shit in as a matter of principle. 

Maurice Moss

What went on in the Castlewellan v Ballyholland game? Did supporters from both clubs enter the pitch during the row? Was anyone sent off during this from either side?

spirit0f91and94

Don't think even wobbller could defend what happened today....
Time the co board came down hard.....

forevergreen

Quote from: spirit0f91and94 on October 03, 2015, 07:53:28 PM
Don't think even wobbller could defend what happened today....
Time the co board came down hard.....

They have yet to deal with Kilcoo and the bridge so harps and town will have to join the queue but then again CB and are a gutless crew who won't deal with a lot of the bullshit going on in games and hence the outcomes are getting worse!!!

Uncut briefs will grow out of hand!!!!

forevergreen

That should have been uncut briers will grow out of hand.

Either deal with everyone in the same way or turn a blind eye to everyone!!!!

Hedgehunter

Line Ball

Quote from: Down Follower on May 13, 2015, 10:24:54 AM
Quote from: 5 Sams on May 12, 2015, 10:11:11 PM
I agree 100% WGM. We were lucky to escape with no reds against Burren. But I'm delighted to see our lads standing up to the (so called) big guns of Down football and not being messed about. We did the same against Rostrevor who started a melee down there in the first game of the league. We did the same to Kilcoo in the last game of the season last year. For far too long we have had a 2nd division mentality and we kowtowed to the aristocracy of Down club football. Those days are over.
I have to say Ballyholland do seem more interested in getting involved than playing football more and more so over these past few seasons. It will come to a head some day when another team 'stands up' to them as 5 Sams calls it.

Ballyholland mentality this year was born out from early in the season with an approach than we will not be bullied.  They may have gone OTT like Glenn at times but only having their wrists slapped just glosses over their behaviour.  Until our weak county board deal with this type of shit things will never change.

supersub

Regardless of who was involved or what the county board do or don't do, why is this so rife in Down club football? What does it achieve? Hard man attitude doesn't get teams anywhere in the main. Embarrassing. 4 games off the top of my head this season with serious brawls, if reports from today are to be taken as genuine.

charlieTully

Ffs wise up. It happens up and down the country. Rows have been part and parcel of football for as long as I can remember. Pontificating hypocritical ass holes the lot of ye.can anyone put their hand up and say they are their club have never been involved in a row at a match. Try going to a few tyrone club games and you rill see what a proper fight is.

forevergreen

We aren't Tyrone Charlie, no club blameless but certainly some clubs seem to be given a lot more leniency than other's. Either deal with it properly or as you rightly say, give everyone the green light and let the strongest survive!!! Some Craic then.

wildrover

Really not much in it today - two players who lifted their hands were lined (one from each team) and the rest was pushing! Wee bit of words between two opposing fans but again nothing to get excited about. Nothing to see here. Town Gael and line ball as two Castlewellan fans you probably wouldnt want this to be growing legs so maybe think about making such dramatic posts!

charlieTully

Quote from: forevergreen on October 03, 2015, 09:29:05 PM
We aren't Tyrone Charlie, no club blameless but certainly some clubs seem to be given a lot more leniency than other's. Either deal with it properly or as you rightly say, give everyone the green light and let the strongest survive!!! Some Craic then.

Don't get me wrong. I agree there should be sanctions. But you get lads on here mouthing about rows yet their own clubs are at it flat out. Especially a couple from Castlewellan who have done some serious mouthing in the past on here yet their own club are involved as much as any other. It's the hypocrisy that sickens me. I am not advocating rows, although if I am totally honest I do enjoy watching a good scrap on the football field.

Line Ball

Quote from: charlieTully on October 03, 2015, 09:21:30 PM
Ffs wise up. It happens up and down the country. Rows have been part and parcel of football for as long as I can remember. Pontificating hypocritical ass holes the lot of ye.can anyone put their hand up and say they are their club have never been involved in a row at a match. Try going to a few tyrone club games and you rill see what a proper fight is.

Good lad yerself Charlie, don't be making a dick of yourself making very broad comments.  Same clubs, same rows. One off bust ups are acceptable but when it becomes regular with the same clubs concerned then it becomes a problem. 

charlieTully

Quote from: Line Ball on October 03, 2015, 09:47:49 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on October 03, 2015, 09:21:30 PM

Good lad yerself Charlie, don't be making a dick of yourself making very broad comments.  Same clubs, same rows. One off bust ups are acceptable but when it becomes regular with the same clubs concerned then it becomes a problem.

What have I said that isn't true?