Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballela-angel

That awkward moment - Not sure if you do have free time or if you're just forgetting everything!

Hedgehunter

Glenn gave Burren as tough a league game as they've had this season tonite and were leading for large parts of the game but Burrens quality in the forward line saw them home in the end. I've never seen a Glenn team work as hard as they did tonite and Shay Miller tormented the Burren back line with his pace into space and direct running.

Line Ball

Quote from: Hedgehunter on August 13, 2015, 10:14:25 PM
Glenn gave Burren as tough a league game as they've had this season tonite and were leading for large parts of the game but Burrens quality in the forward line saw them home in the end. I've never seen a Glenn team work as hard as they did tonite and Shay Miller tormented the Burren back line with his pace into space and direct running.

Glenn's awful pitch and even worse dressing rooms certainly give them a massive advantage and it is very obvious from their results that they dominate many teams at home but aren't nearly as strong on the road.  Their game was at home tonite btw.

No1

Dressing rooms?? Are you serious? FFS wise up and catch yerself on. Fair play to the Glenn lads, doing great work. Shite pitch right nuff though!

Line Ball

Changing 30+ senior players in a room made for a dozen youngsters is wonderful preparation for a match alright  ::)

Line Ball

urbangael

Have to agree with line ball on this one but fair play to Glenn they'll use anything they can to get a slight advantage

6th sam

Quote from: Line Ball on August 14, 2015, 01:06:56 AM
Changing 30+ senior players in a room made for a dozen youngsters is wonderful preparation for a match alright  ::)

Glenn were one of the first clubs to develop their facilities years ago. Like almost all clubs , their facilities could do with an upgrade, but the economic downturn, and drying up of external funding has prevented clubs from action ing their wish list for facilities development. Glenn obviously made the decision that when other clubs were developing facilities pre-2008 when fundraising was much easier, that they would invest in the playing development of their youth. Fair play to them, they are now reaping some reward for years of hard work. I'm sure they'll develop their facilities when they are in a position to do so, but it seems to me they have had their priorities right.

Hedgehunter

It's the exact same for both teams,so your point is invalid.. As has been said on the forum already,yes the changing facilities aren't ideal,but we have to make do with what we have at the minute. Maybe it's just me but I'm getting a vibe on here that there seems to be a bit of jealousy towards Glenn as they are a small club which currently seems to be holding their own quite well in division one at the expense of what some would say more well established clubs.  They are a very young and relatively inexperienced team  and if they can hang around for another year or two they could  very well push on up the table.

Tiocfaidh Ned

Shamrocks have great facilities, just saying like.  ::)

#SackChuckyNed #SackSeanOg

ardtole

There will always be a few begrudgers but most people would applaud Glenn for their recent success.Keeping it going will be a tougher task though.

5 Sams

Quote from: Hedgehunter on August 14, 2015, 05:32:31 PM

It's the exact same for both teams,so your point is invalid.. As has been said on the forum already,yes the changing facilities aren't ideal,but we have to make do with what we have at the minute. Maybe it's just me but I'm getting a vibe on here that there seems to be a bit of jealousy towards Glenn as they are a small club which currently seems to be holding their own quite well in division one at the expense of what some would say more well established clubs.  They are a very young and relatively inexperienced team  and if they can hang around for another year or two they could  very well push on up the table.

I have a soft spot for Glenn. A few relatives of mine would have been involved with the club down through the years and I believe my father, who played for Saval, would have worn the black and amber back in the day when the two clubs had to amalgamate at various stages mostly at underage level. I'm also old enough to remember Glenn contesting senior championships and providing 4 or 5 starters for the county team. Paddy Kennedy, Mark Turley, Jim and John McCartan, Eddie Gallagher, etc, etc. Small club my arse.
The Aristocrat Years

thebar

Quote from: 5 Sams on August 14, 2015, 07:54:13 PM
Quote from: Hedgehunter on August 14, 2015, 05:32:31 PM

I have a soft spot for Glenn. A few relatives of mine would have been involved with the club down through the years and I believe my father, who played for Saval, would have worn the black and amber back in the day when the two clubs had to amalgamate at various stages mostly at underage level. I'm also old enough to remember Glenn contesting senior championships and providing 4 or 5 starters for the county team. Paddy Kennedy, Mark Turley, Jim and John McCartan, Eddie Gallagher, etc, etc. Small club my arse.
[/qoute]

All the above may be true bar your last comment...Glen are a club punching well above their weight and fair play to them for that and long may it continue. They are a small club doing well, good luck to them, but they remain a small club in all senses of the word.

gaamann

Lineball have you anything positive to say about any club your posts are usually negative must have been one hell of a uphill paper round you had lighten up lad....

terrifictommy

Glenn are getting great coverage on this auld site, what a team doing great things, progressing their football etc. Bans for their management, bans for their players, 2 abandoned games yet they are on here lording the fact they are maintaining Div1! Any many clubs put lots of hard work into developing their underage, how did that stop any club facility progression, don't get me wrong it's not terrible but it's not adequate either. We can't all have the top facilities but Kilcoo at least have decent space for an adult team. I'm not a begrudger of Glenn but facts are facts.