Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosskarr

Quote from: rosskarr on July 28, 2015, 06:00:28 PM
Will the Championship Passes be available this year? Great value with all games
being a bit more important than the preliminary round robin games this past few years.
Not available then?

FML

Well done to John Boden, Conor Clarke & Jamie Morgan who all started for the Ulster U16 team today against Dublin.
All three played well & were amongst the stronger Ulster players.
Maybe there is a future for Down football after all!

FML

Quote from: wobbller on August 07, 2015, 12:54:55 AM
Quote from: FML on August 06, 2015, 09:41:24 PM
Well done to John Boden, Conor Clarke & Jamie Morgan who all started for the Ulster U16 team today against Dublin.
All three played well & were amongst the stronger Ulster players.
Maybe there is a future for Down football after all!
Who won? how'd your boy do?

My boy is 10. He didn't make the U16 team.

Brick Tamlin

Just noticed over on the 'prediction' thread shamrocks result in championship last night.
What is goin on down there? Have they really regressed that much. Don't even seem to be competitive these days.
They always would have had a sprinkling of decent footballers to hold their own.
Any of the Newry bethern enlighten us?

outinfront

Lads anyone know of any of the newry bookies doing odds on the IFC matches?

rosskarr

Seems to be something missing in Shamrocks.Underage Coaching is better than most Clubs.
I'll ask one question here, last night Shamrocks were playing in the new U16 League
Final against Burren while their Senior Footballers were playing in the IFC. If Burren were playing in the SFC,would their U16 Footballers be playing on the same night?

5 Sams

Quote from: rosskarr on August 07, 2015, 02:20:23 PM
Seems to be something missing in Shamrocks.Underage Coaching is better than most Clubs.
I'll ask one question here, last night Shamrocks were playing in the new U16 League
Final against Burren while their Senior Footballers were playing in the IFC. If Burren were playing in the SFC,would their U16 Footballers be playing on the same night?

Shamrocks agreed to the time and date of the fixture.
The Aristocrat Years

supersub

Heard some hefty fines handed out to Ballyholland and Glenn as a result of the league game. A few suspensions with it. Does this affect the championship?

redandblackareback

How long has Dawson been at Bryansford now? Is it 3 years?? They were pathetic tonight against an ok Clonduff side, he was totally clueless along the line, big question marks starting to emerge about Dawson, whoever the powers that be are in Bryansford certainly can't be happy with progress or lack of it. Yes Supersub I heard the same myself about Glen v Ballyholland, I hear the super Harps will have more players + management in the crowd tomorrow night than they will on the pitch.

NP 76

Does the suspensions not only take in the league?Harps only had 2 players suspended from the scuffle so not that major of inconvenience I wouldn't think.

imagine

Quote from: imagine on May 13, 2015, 09:07:24 AM
Is Conor Mc Gregor of UFC fame in charge
if your team  this year? There's only  4 rounds of
matches played and you may regret some
of your comments as the season goes on but
best of luck.
A post I made in May about Ballyholland.

supersub

Quote from: NP 76 on August 08, 2015, 08:13:50 AM
Does the suspensions not only take in the league?Harps only had 2 players suspended from the scuffle so not that major of inconvenience I wouldn't think.

I heard three plus obviously Joe Murphy out too.

5 Sams

Quote from: supersub on August 07, 2015, 10:49:13 PM
Heard some hefty fines handed out to Ballyholland and Glenn as a result of the league game. A few suspensions with it. Does this affect the championship?

No.
The Aristocrat Years

T O Hare

I thought Adams outfoxed Dawson last night . Dawson pushed his players up on the Clonduff sweepers which Arthur and Barry O Hagan exploited. There is no point having players like Savage , Clarke , Maginn and the Brannigans in your forward line if you drive every ball on top of King at full forward. Darren O'Hagan is a class act who led by example last night. The question mark still lies over Byransfords mentality in major championship games, but no one will be looking them in the next game either.
The first game was not great but the experience of Liatroim got them over the line. Liam Doyle is such a stylish footballer and its a shame we never seen more of him in the county jersey. He is a great club servant and is playing through the pain barrier to represent them.
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

whitegoodman

Strange our county fullback wasn't deemed good enough to mark Arthur McConville last night.  Is that because Dawson is a bit of a head case or he isn't good enough to be our county fullback.  Could be a bit of both.

O Hagan is a class act but maginn still got 1-1 off him, loses concentration now and again.

Ford have too many nice players and not enough workers.  Maginn, Clarke, Brannigan, Savage all in the same forward line.  A bit like the Down forward line actually.  Should have kept King inside too.