Div One

Longstone v Kilcoo

Mayobridge v Clonduff (off)

Div Three

Mitchels v Bredagh

Tuesday 28th August 6.45pm

Powerade SFC Replay

Burren: Mayobridge v Rostrevor

Friday 31st August 6.30pm (NB: earlier start)

O'Neills International Sportswear League

Div One

Bryansford v Loughinisland

Liatroim v Longstone

Clonduff v Burren

Mayobridge v Atticall

An Riocht v Castlewellan

Kilcoo v Rostrevor

Div Two

Downpatrick v Glasdrumman

Saval v Clann Na Banna

Warrenpoint v Annaclone

Kilclief v Ballymartin

Carryduff v Ballyholland

Darragh Cross v Shamrocks

Div Three

Teconnaught v St. Pauls

Bredagh v Tullylish

Mitchels v Bosco

Glenn v Bright

Ardglass v Dundrum

Saul v Drumgath

Saturday 1st September 4pm

Premier Reserve Football Championship

Clonduff v Kilcoo

Burren v Castlewellan

Replay: An Riocht v Bryansford

Reserve Football Championship 5.30pm

St. Johns v Burren

Bredagh v Castlewellan

Mayobridge v Rostrevor

St. Michaels v Kilcoo

Monday 3rd September 6.30pm

PRFC Saval v Mayobridge

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Cloc Mor

QuoteI am reading in the Newspaper that 2 more supermarkets are joining the race to bay St Paddys Park.  At first glance IMHO £1.5million is quite a low (in terms of land anyway!) amount considering the size of the land and the location.  Surely the extra supermarkets joining the race can only push up the price.

Southdown, should you not have moved the decimal point? Its gonna be closer to £15m to buy St Patrick's Park and if there a few bidders on it, it could go nearer to £20m.  After all, to buy the 17 acres and develop the site in Bryansford village will cost between 4 and 5 million, so £1.5m is way off the mark alone.

Square Ball

i thought it was 1.5m that Bryansford were to get from the sale to develop the new facilities and buy the land

Cloc Mor

Sorry Southdown, the deal is that the County Board will buy the land and develop the site for the Bryansford club. Whatever this costs to do will be taken from the profits of selling St Patrick's Park.  The remaining money will/should be used to develop a Centre of Excellence for all Down teams.  Once again, if we can get several interested parties biding on the site this will mean more money for our new Centre.  Whatever Bryansford get out of this deal, and deservedly so, should still give the Down County Board a minimum of £12m +.  Its up to them how this money is spent then - God help us.

Square Ball

Bredagh beat Mitchels tonight 0-15 to 0-6

southdown

Cheers Cloc Mor, I knew that couldnt be right.

Result:

Longstone 1-11 0-08 Kilcoo in the rearranged league fixture.  We never really looked like getten beat tonight and pulled away well at the end.

Cloc Mor

Easy run to the Championship final now Southdown - 'bridge in the final - win for the 'stone

What you think?

southdown

God no Cloc Mor, Burren are very big and physical with a lot of very good footballers.  They beat us by a few points up in their place a few weeks ago and in last years league final also.  Wouldnt be confident at all.  And as for the Bridge, well we all know what about them. Expect a major backlash tomorrow night, I think they will be all guns blazing after the poor showing in the drawn game.

Cloc Mor

Now Southdown, you wouldn't be wanting to play down your chances.  You're well in there.  You'll beat Burren and I reckon the 'bridge in the final.  Good luck to you but you have a p***k of a manager.

Mourne Rover

Bredagh's win confirms their place in the D3 play-offs with Tullylish, Saul and Dundrum. Is it a straightforward round-robin, and does anyone know the likely dates ?

Cloc Mor

30th September - according to Down Gaa handbook.  Thats a sensible idea from our progressive County Board to have teams 'kicking their heels' for 4 weeks, just training and not playing any competitive games.  Just great

6th sam

Quote from: Cloc Mor on August 27, 2007, 11:07:42 PM
30th September - according to Down Gaa handbook.  Thats a sensible idea from our progressive County Board to have teams 'kicking their heels' for 4 weeks, just training and not playing any competitive games.  Just great

Agree Cloc Mor.
I know it's an old chestnut,but I feel the current club and league championship system has contributed to our lack of success at club and county level.
Any suggestions for improvement?

DownHead

i think because all div 3 teams are out of the IFC that the play-offs could take place in two weeks!!

6th sam

Quote from: DownHead on August 27, 2007, 11:42:21 PM
i think because all div 3 teams are out of the IFC that the play-offs could take place in two weeks!!

That would be sensible under normal circumstances,but the master fixtures plan dictates that they must be played at the end of September--players may have made holiday and work arrangements etc with the original date in mind ,so I imagine it would be unfair to go ahead with playoffs unless all 4 clubs agreed to an earlier start.

This problem could be resolved in future years by making it clear on the master fixtures program,that playoffs may start as soon as the effected teams are out of the championship.

No1

It's a bollox having to wait 3 or 4 weeks right enough.  

In fairness though sometimes in the past it has taken a couple of play offs to decide who goes into the play offs, so they probably legislated for that.