Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewobbler

Wasn't great viewing in Ballyholland tonight.

Hard enough game without anything too malicious - I didn't see the tackle where Joe Murphy got his jaw broke, so no comment there - but when Ballyholland pulled away with a goal with 5 mins to go, Glenn upped the physicality. Another goal with two minutes to go and it upped again. Then a melee.

Truth be told, apart from the first 3-4 men in who shared swipes, it wasn't so much of a battering match as a hugging session, but I can understand why the ref pulled the plug. There was an undercurrent building.

Not excusing Ballyholland's behaviour by any stretch. But if a melee can see a match aondonded when approaching injury time, it really isn't a precedent anyone needs. Football is cynical enough in 2015 without this being a tactic for the armoury.

Hedgehunter

Quote from: steveywhiteser on July 31, 2015, 10:58:49 PM
Glen should be automatically relegated from the league this weekend, disgusting the lot of them, that's basically how it went, 70 seconds left ref walked off, one minute brawl at most, players got back to positions an noticed the ref was nowere to be seen, great night overall.

Catch yourself on Fella, what sort of Gael are you?

steveywhiteser

Sorry hedgehunter, won't happen again hedge hunter

Hedgehunter

supersub

charlieTully

Quote from: Hedgehunter on July 31, 2015, 11:06:42 PM
Glen should be automatically relegated from the league this weekend, disgusting the lot of them, that's basically how it went, 70 seconds left ref walked off, one minute brawl at most, players got back to positions an noticed the ref was nowere to be seen, great night overall.

It is becoming a bit of a habit.

Hedgehunter

Quote from: charlieTully on August 01, 2015, 11:07:59 AM
Quote from: Hedgehunter on July 31, 2015, 11:06:42 PM

It is becoming a bit of a habit.

What's becoming a habit? The fact that everything was settled and 2 players dismissed and the Glenn player was set upon again by the Ballyholland player as he was walking off. Take it lying down,would you?

supersub

Two abandoned games in one season doesn't look well for all that.

urbangael

It's time someone took Glenn down a peg or 2!!

Hedgehunter

Quote from: supersub on August 01, 2015, 11:53:07 AM
Two abandoned games in one season doesn't look well for all that.

I can agree with that and nobody wants to see a game abandoned.

Hedgehunter

urbangael

Quote from: Hedgehunter on August 01, 2015, 12:04:54 PM
Quote from: urbangael on August 01, 2015, 12:02:58 PM

Why's that?
Because they are more interested in fighting than playing football. They are a small club with second rate facilities that have no place in Div 1 with their dire tactics.

Hedgehunter

Quote from: urbangael on August 01, 2015, 12:38:02 PM
Quote from: Hedgehunter on August 01, 2015, 12:04:54 PM
Quote from: urbangael on August 01, 2015, 12:02:58 PM

Why's that?
Because they are more interested in fighting than playing football. They are a small club with second rate facilities that have no place in Div 1 with their dire tactics.

Dire tactics? Have they done something to upset you? Glenn are a small club with plans in place for a new clubhouse and pitch. I didn't know it was a requirement to have the best facilities in the county to play division 1 football..

T O Hare

Burren were very impressive last night v a Saval team who were missing a few experienced players. Geard Mc Govern is the best full back I've seen this year and Mark McKay and Eamon Toner are a formidable  midfield partnership. Their forward line is very quick but they won't be getting the same space next Sunday evening. It's hard to know how good this Burren team is though, but next week will tell the tale. In the 2013 champ final Burren were big favourites but the magpies turned them over. The McCorry factor is missing this year and I think that will edge the result in Burrens favour. It will certainly be very close!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"