Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wobbller

Quote from: Pangurban on July 07, 2015, 08:48:55 PM
Why is Mc Corry still there. If he had any integrity he would at least resign and re-apply for post
McCorry did his job and unfortunately had a bad day at the Office against Wexford. Benny has retired and if he'd spend a bit more time on his supposed day job it may well help future generations of  Down Footballers. His weekly column is getting a bit tired and boring something the way Mickey Harte's column went.Stale.
    This talk of Dan,Ambrose and others may well keep the punters supping in his new venture but spare us please!

SHEEDY

Quote from: wobbller on July 07, 2015, 10:28:33 PM
Why is Mc Corry still there. If he had any integrity he would at least resign and re-apply for post
McCorry did his job and unfortunately had a bad day at the Office against Wexford. Benny has retired and if he'd spend a bit more time on his supposed day job it may well help future generations of  Down Footballers. His weekly column is getting a bit tired and boring something the way Mickey Harte's column went.Stale.
    This talk of Dan,Ambrose and others may well keep the punters supping in his new venture but spare us please!
mccorry did his job??  marking him on his first year in charge, he'd be looking at a 4/10 at best. i still think most people in down would agree with most of what benny and danny hughes have had to say in recent weeks and maybe if benny, dan, ambrose and a few others hadnt have been cast aside so quickly maybe jim wouldnt have had that 'bad day at the office'.
nil satis nisi optimum

ardtole

Id have to agree with you there sheedy. If we had a young exciting bunch of footballers breaking through with minor and u21 success behind them I could see the justification behind his thinking but unfortunately thats not the case.

wobbller

Quote from: SHEEDY on July 07, 2015, 10:44:31 PM
mccorry did his job??  marking him on his first year in charge, he'd be looking at a 4/10 at best. i still think most people in down would agree with most of what benny and danny hughes have had to say in recent weeks and maybe if benny, dan, ambrose and a few others hadnt have been cast aside so quickly maybe jim wouldnt have had that 'bad day at the office'.
Sure why don't we let the scribes Ben and Dan run the whole thing since they know so much of where we've gone wrong?

SHEEDY

Quote from: wobbller on July 07, 2015, 10:58:44 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on July 07, 2015, 10:44:31 PM
Sure why don't we let the scribes Ben and Dan run the whole thing since they know so much of where we've gone wrong?
I'm just guessing here but maybe they know more of what's going on than most of us on here. ;) The fact of the matter is that we've had a poor year and the management and the county board have to expect to come in for some criticism.
nil satis nisi optimum

gaamann

Hows Benny and Danny get on in their coaching job with Cruppen? For two men with so much advice on all that's wrong in Down football you would think all that knowledge would be reaping better results.

Hedgehunter

Quote from: gaamann on July 07, 2015, 11:14:20 PM
Hows Benny and Danny get on in their coaching job with Cruppen? For two men with so much advice on all that's wrong in Down football you would think all that knowledge would be reaping better results.

What do you know about Cruppen and their problems?

wobbller

Quote from: Hedgehunter on July 07, 2015, 11:28:30 PM

I'd say gaaman knows plenty.

Hedgehunter

Quote from: wobbller on July 07, 2015, 11:49:39 PM
Quote from: Hedgehunter on July 07, 2015, 11:28:30 PM

I'd say gasman knows plenty.

Missing players such as John Magill,John McCullough,Caolan McCullough,Tombo Hughes,James Hughes,Barry Loughran,Mark Patton,Mark Rice,Decky Monaghan,Paul Keenan, Cathal O'Grady, Karl McVerry and Fiachra Bradley, jeez you could even throw in the Ferris brothers for various injuries/reasons and i'm sure there is more.

They cant bloody work miracles. 3 or 4 weeks ago they played a match with 8 minors starting, what would you expect Benny and Danny to do?

gaamann

About as much as Bennie and Danny by the looks of things.
Very easy spouting of in the papers they have a chance to prove themselves and their coaching strategy and arnt making a great job of it.People in glass houses......

Hedgehunter

Quote from: gaamann on July 08, 2015, 12:14:06 AM
About as much as Bennie and Danny by the looks of things.
Very easy spouting of in the papers they have a chance to prove themselves and their coaching strategy and arnt making a great job of it.People in glass houses......

Like I said,that's 15 players they have had missing for various lengthy stretches of the season,even most are still missing.. They can't work wonders with a team that is a skeleton of what they have been this past couple of years.

gaamann

Some of the players you have named have not played in 2 years sure every club could rhyme of 8 or 10 players that are unavailable to them.Forkhill were short 5 starters the night they beat them.

Hedgehunter

The only players that haven't played within the last 12 months are the ferris brothers.. 13 players that have made an appearance last season have little to no gametime this season. But yet your blaming Danny and Benny for their demise?

PAULD123

I'm not a prime minister and I am sure if I was suddenly put in charge of a country I'd do a pretty poor job. So does that mean that I am incapable of observing that the Greek PM is doing a particularly poor job?

So what's this theory on Benny and Danny? Unless they are good managers themselves they are not capable of forming a valid opinion of when someone else has done a poor job of managing?

You don't have to be ale to do something yourself to know that someone else isn't doing it right.

gaamann

PAULD123 Point I am trying to make is Benny and Danny are in management they haven't exactly set the world on fire to date with the results that the team they prepare have got.I don't think its helpful for 2 senior county players who haven't long left the squad to get involved in publicly slating players managers officials it smells of sour grapes and they should not use the newspapers they work for to wash their dirty linen.I have huge respect for both men as footballers but its unhelpful and disrespectful to go down the path they are going.Yes they are entitled to their opinion but just because you have a chance to stick the boot in doesn't mean you should.