Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Down Follower

Quote from: Aristo 60 on April 01, 2015, 03:59:29 PM
what way would Mooney fare if he was plonked on the edge of the square do people think?
Has he enough of a lep on him to pressurize defences ala big donaghy from the Kingdom? Or would he be wasted in there?

Wouldnt be wasted but its all about strength and body weight in there (rather than a leap) if you want to play like that. He has the strength ok but would he have the sheer body weight to deal with a McMahon from Tyrone or McGee from Donegal!! His strength is his speed. Even on Sunday when he came on there were at least 2 occasions when he went on those runs that end up with the ball in the net if he is given it, but instead, the player in possession used him as a decoy runner and ended up losing possession. I think that comes from game time with the team.

Leftmidfield

Is tha game definitely on Sunday ?

umpire

Quote from: charlieTully on March 31, 2015, 11:35:12 PM
Quote from: interested on March 31, 2015, 07:21:23 PM
Quote from: whitegoodman on March 31, 2015, 07:12:17 PM
I don't see how I am on the wind up.  I am trying to engage in conversation on the current performances of the Down team and don't agree with a few of MR points and so have responded to them, does that mean I am on the wind up?
Keep on winding. I think a few of these boys fancy  themselves as some sort of expert analysts or journalists who get paid to write rubbish.

I would read the analysis from the guys on here quicker than the papers, haven't got to a game all year through work and here is my first port of call for reports.

+1

imagine

Quote from: umpire on April 01, 2015, 08:08:58 PM
I don't see how I am on the wind up.  I am trying to engage in conversation on the current performances of the Down team and don't agree with a few of MR points and so have responded to them, does that mean I am on the wind up?
Keep on winding. I think a few of these boys fancy  themselves as some sort of expert analysts or journalists who get paid to write rubbish.

I would read the analysis from the guys on here quicker than the papers, haven't got to a game all year through work and here is my first port of call for reports.

+1
-1 .Give me the Irish News any Monday rather than the bias that's on here!

Smurfy123

I see Donegal Under 21s beat Monaghan by 14 points who beat Derry by 5 who beat Down by 3
How far behind are we in terms of underage?

SHEEDY

Quote from: imagine on April 01, 2015, 08:54:00 PM

+1
what bias??
nil satis nisi optimum

imagine

Quote from: SHEEDY on April 01, 2015, 10:24:31 PM
Quote from: imagine on April 01, 2015, 08:54:00 PM

+1
what bias??
Just the preconceived ideas that are about for today's players. Mickey Linden was an average County player until he blosommed around the start of the 90's.If he was about today he'd be put on the scrap heap by some of the posters on here.

Down Follower

Quote from: Smurfy123 on April 01, 2015, 09:54:49 PM
I see Donegal Under 21s beat Monaghan by 14 points who beat Derry by 5 who beat Down by 3
How far behind are we in terms of underage?

It seems that the minors have not been looked after properly over the past 4/5 years hence the lead into the under 21's. Although Shane Mulholland did not have a good year last year he has started this season well with a couple of tight wins against two of the main players in Ulster now in Monaghan and Cavan. His style of football may not be everyones cup of tea but something is needed within the County to get us going again.

Centre 3/4

Last years minors beat cavan and monaghan in the league also

rosskarr

Quote from: Centre 3/4 on April 02, 2015, 11:36:58 AM
Your point being what?

imagine

Quote from: rosskarr on April 02, 2015, 02:38:08 PM
Quote from: Centre 3/4 on April 02, 2015, 11:36:58 AM
Your point being what?
His point being we won these two Leagues games last year in the Minor League
and still got dumped in the Championship.

umpire

Down team for Sunday

Kane

Collins
Howard
D. Turley

O'Hagan
McArdleu
McGovern

P. Turley
Devlin

Maginn
McKernan
Poland

Laverty
Mooney
O'Hare

SHEEDY

Quote from: umpire on April 02, 2015, 10:02:16 PM
Down team for Sunday

Kane

Collins
Howard
D. Turley

O'Hagan
McArdleu
McGovern

P. Turley
Devlin

Maginn
McKernan
Poland

Laverty
Mooney
O'Hare
think Ryan mallon can feel a bit hard done by. Team looks stronger defensively but midfield looks bit light.
nil satis nisi optimum

Mourne Rover

Mallon is definitely unlucky, assuming the changes are tactical, but O'Hanlon struggled against Meath and McConville may be more effective coming off the bench. O'Hagan and McArdle will definitely help us at the back and the big call is Mooney at full forward. His pace could be more suited to the half forward line but he is also a natural goal scorer. There will probably be a fair amount of switching around midfield so Devlin is unlikely to stay there for the full game. If Poland finds his form, which has been patchy, we are in with a decent chance.

Aristo 60

Quote from: Aristo 60 on April 01, 2015, 03:59:29 PM
what way would Mooney fare if he was plonked on the edge of the square do people think?
Has he enough of a lep on him to pressurize defences ala big donaghy from the Kingdom? Or would he be wasted in there?

Aristo saw jim's notebook  :)