Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dundrumite

Quote from: wally on August 21, 2007, 03:51:21 PM
DF - can you confirm that your goalkeeper came off injured against Glenn on Friday night?  If that is the case, is he badly injured?  I have heard that he has done his back in big time and is not fit for Thursday night?  At least you have that young fella who came against Glen when you played them away, it is good see young fellas taking a keen interest in the position between the sticks !

Wally that is a couple of posts you have made regarding the dundrum keeper, firstly regarding if he is related to ned and secondly about if he is injured?? u seem to have a vested interest in him, u his agent or a relative?

Caman Warrior

I would like to come back on the first post Re: Danny Hughes. Such an attack on Danny and his son is appalling and narrow minded and should be removed from this site.
Obviously the person who compiled this rubbish knows nothing about the sport of hurling. Danny Hughes has been one of the finest players ever to grace the field in Ulster and has continued to be an ambassador to hurling in the county with his efforts to resurrect hurling in the Bredagh club.
Having been at the game vs Ballela and many others I can honestly say that Danny Hughes continues to be a very committed and talented hurler, as is his young son, Cormac.

Big Time !  

Square Ball

Additional Down GAA Fixtures

Sunday 26th August

1pm PRFC Bryansford v An Riocht

2pm PRFC Tullylish v Clonduff

2pm Democrat Media JHC in Castlewellan: Portaferry v Warrenpoint

Monday 27th August 6:45pm

O'Neills International Sportswear

Div One FL Longstone v Kilcoo

Div One FL Mayobridge v Clonduff

Div Three FL Mitchels v Bredagh

also what a scurrilous pathetic post about Danny Hughes and his son, can admin please remove. I was there as well and as others here have pointed Rosco must have been watching a different match. Danny is a gentleman, an outstanding hurler and a credit to the county

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

thewobbler

Was chatting to a senior official last night and after consulting the rulebook, the 30% rule is actually rounded up from 0.5 pts onwards and vice versa. So if Saval finish the season with their current 34 points, Carryduff need 10.2 (10) pts to force a playoff. If Saval win their last game, Carryduff need 10.8 (11 points). Apologies for misleading anyone.

Also, scoring difference is definitely used to sort out final placings when teams are level on points. Could make things very interesting in the top two tiers.

wally

Quote from: dundrumite on August 21, 2007, 04:32:17 PM
Quote from: wally on August 21, 2007, 03:51:21 PM
DF - can you confirm that your goalkeeper came off injured against Glenn on Friday night?  If that is the case, is he badly injured?  I have heard that he has done his back in big time and is not fit for Thursday night?  At least you have that young fella who came against Glen when you played them away, it is good see young fellas taking a keen interest in the position between the sticks !

Wally that is a couple of posts you have made regarding the dundrum keeper, firstly regarding if he is related to ned and secondly about if he is injured?? u seem to have a vested interest in him, u his agent or a relative?

I am neither his agent or a relative; I feel that he is probably one of the best young goalkeepers in East Down at present, and that he is a very important player for Dundrum having watched him in some games over the last couple of years . . . along with young McComiskey he is an important player for Dundrum - well that is my opinion.  In future Dundrumite I will not show a vested interest in your young guns . . . on that note I will withdraw all comments on the subject  :-[

Townie

unfortunately i have never been to see the mighty Dundrum in action but i am guessing your talented goalie is a very busy one and secondly id say he is well down the pecking order with regards to great goalkeepers in east down. Can think of two straight away our own and our nearest rivals goalkeepers to name a few, and i dont mean the finns!

dundrumite

Quote from: Townie on August 21, 2007, 09:15:11 PM
unfortunately i have never been to see the mighty Dundrum in action but i am guessing your talented goalie is a very busy one and secondly id say he is well down the pecking order with regards to great goalkeepers in east down. Can think of two straight away our own and our nearest rivals goalkeepers to name a few, and i dont mean the finns!

"mighty dundrum" " a very busy one" "i dont mean the finns" arrogant man

Dubh driocht

If the post about Danny and his son was serious, it must go- you cannot have a post like this about a child moderators.It is beyond contempt - the Hughes family are a credit-on and off the field- and I defy one person to challenge their integrity, honesty and bravery. Danny was, and is, a superb ambassador for the GAA- has a lot more than strength and speed - I saw him do things for Ballycran, Queens, Down and Ulster than no other Down hurler could do- and he is still leading by example for Bredagh. Begrudgery and Hurler on the ditch gone mad.

Ballybredagh

Further to the previous postings about Danny Hughes. It is quite clear from the initial posting that this prat hasn't got the foggiest notion about the game of hurling - he should simply stick to soccer in future. 

Danny was one of Ulster's best ever hurlers and continues to be a real stand-out for Bredagh in the Down leagues and championship. Anyone (with good vision and intelligence) who has witnessed Danny hurling with Bredagh (or who has played against him) can testify that he has lost little of his strength, tenacity and ability and continues to perform superbly well for Bredagh each and every time he pulls on his adopted maroon jersey.

As a North Antrim exile, I know first hand how well Danny was/is respected in hurling strongholds throughout Ulster.  As for the dick who started this off; he probably never had the abiltiy/intelligence to play Ireland's most skillful national game.

Cloc Mor

Dont know Danny Hughes personally but any Down supporter, whether football or hurling, should recognise the name as being a Down legend.  Cant believe this hasn't been deleted yet.

lecale3

Thank God the post re Danny has been removed - I didn't see it, but from the reaction it must have been bad. Danny and his family are a credit to Bredagh, Ballycran, Down and the GAA in general. They are amongst the most genuine, honest and decent people you could meet. Whoever posted it should be barred for life - he wouldn't be fit to lack Danny's boots (or Cormac's for that matter).

boscomo

boys have to commend all the support given to danny hughes and his family, dont know the man personally but have heard people talk about him in the past, there is no place for shit like that to be posted about any man on this site and the person responsable should f&%K off else where.
if in doubt eat it

wobbller

I agree.Let's get stuck into the promotion/relegation issues.

boscomo

guys can anyone tell me has the semi final draw been made for the junior championship or are we going by the 1/4 final draw as it is numbered.
if in doubt eat it

spiritof91and94

All open draws after this weekend.