Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PAULD123

I wonder will McCorry throw on any of the Warrenpoint lads. They have not been with the squad but they have played in and trained for competitive football all winter and are fully match fit.

Ryan Mallon would be a good addition at midfield. Personally I just don't see the great things that people seem to see in Pete Fitzpatrick. Even before his injury in the county final the Point midfield had him beat all ends up.

AS for other players The team Ed picked contains most of the best players available. Could only really be significantly improved by players that are not available - Gordon, Clarke, Mooney, King, McComiskey.

downup

With the 15 players that had to come in to the panel has there now been players dropped from it?

A man from Down

1. M Cunningham
2. D O'Hagan
3. L Howard
4. G Collins
5. C Garvey
6. B McArdle
7. R Johnston
8. P Turley
9. N Madine   
10. M Poland
11. P Devlin
12. K McKernan
13. C Laverty
14. D O'Hare
15. C Maginn

Pick of the subs to come in: J Johnston, C Mooney, D Turley, P Fitzpatrick, A Carr, R Mallon

I imagine that team will be something similar. Plenty of experience with G Collins impressing in the 2 McKenna cup games being the only new face. Plenty of experience with the half back line and midfield along with McKernan sweeping, giving us a decent physical presence.

lucan

Mourne Rover

It's all guesswork, as this is McCorry's first serious game, but, based on his McKenna Cup selections, Dee Turley will probably start in defence and Fitzpatrick may be ahead of Peter Turley at midfield. If Mooney really is available, he could appear in his Jordanstown position at wing half back. A Man From Down has named the six forwards which most people will be expecting. We should also have a decent bench, which we are likely to need in a tough contest against a side in fine form.

Smurfy123

Kildare in fine form?Look closely and you may find they are not in that great of form.They could not beat a Dublin B team in Newbridge and just about got past a college team.Down to win by 2
I really like the look of our team.I think Ross will come on at some stage.Really up to match pace and could be the difference in the last 20 minutes.
Cunningham
O Hagen
Howard
Collins
Garvey
McArdle
Johnstone
Mooney
McKernan
Devlin
Poland
Johnstone
Laverty
McConville
O Hare

Although Mooney might not be in the squad?

our_fella

Dublin B team? A team including:
Fitzsimmons,O'Carroll,Devereux,McCaffrey,Bastick,Rock, O'Gara,Cooper,MD MacAuley,McManamon

What a muppet you are Smurfy123!!

The Diarrhoa Divil

Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 28, 2015, 09:57:08 PM
Kildare in fine form?Look closely and you may find they are not in that great of form.They could not beat a Dublin B team in Newbridge and just about got past a college team.Down to win by 2
I really like the look of our team.I think Ross will come on at some stage.Really up to match pace and could be the difference in the last 20 minutes.
Cunningham
O Hagen
Howard
Collins
Garvey
McArdle
Johnstone
Mooney
McKernan
Devlin
Poland
Johnstone
Laverty
McConville
O Hare

A muppet is right.
That guy couldn't even win games for his own club when it mattered most, against a Div3 Hurling club from Kerry never mind against a senior intercounty side.
Shockingly overrated. Scored for fun all year against shit teams and now hailed as a messiah. Laughable.
Kildare bullied a better and bigger Down team in the championship last year and you think that the current panel will fare better and your reason for this is????

Smurfy123

Hardly a division 3 hurling team.A very good team at that.Jim would be stupid not to give Ross at least 20 minutes here on Sunday.He has been flying all year and should be sharper than most of the players as he hasn't stopped training all year.He needs to be used on Sunday.
Yes Kildare bullied lots of Down players last year but not them all.Expect the lads that played well last year against them to carry us over the line.
Down by 2

supersub

Quote from: Line Ball on January 25, 2015, 09:46:05 PM
Just wondering, Supersub, how the individual players who had done so well for Warrenpoint in Down and Ulster performed on the bigger stage today?  As for the injuries, you tell me who didn't play today who would normally?  I heard one was a bad knee injury.

Think you may have me mixed up, I'm not a Point supporter? I don't know the details, that's why I was asking.

PAULD123

The Diarrhoa Divil, Ross struggled on Sunday against an excellent marking blanket defence. But even then he was the top scorer with four points out of our total of ten. he did everything he could. The problem was not him but getting the ball to him. Maybe you would tell me what row you were sitting in at Portloasie? As it seems you know plenty about how he played on Sunday.

supersub

Quote from: PAULD123 on January 29, 2015, 01:06:18 PM
The Diarrhoa Divil, Ross struggled on Sunday against an excellent marking blanket defence. But even then he was the top scorer with four points out of our total of ten. he did everything he could. The problem was not him but getting the ball to him. Maybe you would tell me what row you were sitting in at Portloasie? As it seems you know plenty about how he played on Sunday.

And this is a problem teams face regularly at Senior level, hence some reservations about just how effect this team will be next year. No doubt they are a talented bunch but will have to overcome a lot of new challenges playing Senior football every week. One of these will be ensuring their star man gets on the ball enough to score.

knockitdown

Quote from: lucan on January 28, 2015, 06:49:01 PM
not a big man in the forwards

Would you have big Packie start lucan?

snoopdog

Quote from: The Diarrhoa Divil on January 29, 2015, 09:26:32 AM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 28, 2015, 09:57:08 PM
Cunningham
O Hagen
Howard
Collins
Garvey
McArdle
Johnstone
Mooney
McKernan
Devlin
Poland
Johnstone
Laverty
McConville
O Hare

A muppet is right.
That guy couldn't even win games for his own club when it mattered most, against a Div3 Hurling club from Kerry never mind against a senior intercounty side.
Shockingly overrated. Scored for fun all year against shit teams and now hailed as a messiah. Laughable.
Kildare bullied a better and bigger Down team in the championship last year and you think that the current panel will fare better and your reason for this is????

I still wonder about that Qualifier game last summer. Down came back brilliantly and then it seemed like they gave up, Kildare got tons of space in the last quarter of the game to win comfortably but down barely put in a tackle

BACK TO WRECK

Quote from: Shamrocks Gaelp on January 25, 2015, 10:14:10 PM
Division 1 teams to get relegated to 2 :-

16th = Clann Na Banna (without doubt)
15th = Liatroim (without doubt)
14th = Annaclone (pretty certain they will go down)
13th = Ballyholland Harps (50/50)
12th = Rostrevor (will be unlucky if they go down)
11th = Glenn (will probably win play off)

Division 2 teams to get relegated to 3 (not too sure if it's 8 going down) :-

16th = Dromara (without doubt)
15th = Kilclief (without doubt)
14th = Darragh Cross (without doubt)
13th = Drumaness (50/50)
12th = Saul (hard to call)
11th = Drumgath (new manager and players returning from injury so hard to call)
10th = Carryduff (although U21's won b championship they might not do enough to keep afloat)
9th = Bosco (will be unlucky if they are relegated)

What is the deal with relegation and promotion across the 3 leagues? Would also like to know everyone else's opinion on these predictions (just my own opinion based upon current circumstances and last years preformances )

I used to post on here but got bored and stopped. Dip in for the odd nosy, after reading this drivel I just had to open an account again, please explain to me how Rostrevor and Bosco will be unlucky if they are relegated? the league hasnt started man.