Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mourne Rover

An excellent and largely unexpected four point win for Down at Clones sets up a decent finish in our group. We could still finish anywhere between first and last, but success against UUJ on Wednesday would take us very close to a semi final place.

SHEEDY

good win and it leaves the group wide open now. kevin mckernan stretchered off near the end, hopefully its not serious.
nil satis nisi optimum

Smurfy123

Had a fair idea we would win this game after seeing the Monaghan team.When we get the Johnstones Mooney Poland Carr and our lads back after the all Ireland series we will be very hard to beat.I think we can top division 2 at this rate.Roll on Wednesday night

charlieTully

how did Paki Downey play today?

Ed Hardy

He went off injured, think it was around 25 min mark. Played CHF but was playing just ok.

Shamrocks Gaelp

Radio suggested a lot of ball made its way to Cathal Crilly but he hit a brave few wides. Is this true ?

extra time

Think there could be an all Ireland in this team!

Ed Hardy

Quote from: Shamrocks Gaelp on January 11, 2015, 10:30:51 PM
Radio suggested a lot of ball made its way to Cathal Crilly but he hit a brave few wides. Is this true ?

He did kick a few wides,  and few times when other players were better placed he should have passed, but he's only knew into the county set up and probably try to make a name for himself too.

The keeper and defence coped well I thought, they limited  Monaghan to a few chances and then broke forward well. Madine and Fitzpatrick battle away in the middle, didn't catch much but neither did opposition. Mc Kernan pick of the forwards, covered back and kicked 2 good points. Laverty played too far out from goal I thought, O'Hare looked bit more like his old self, out in front every time and took his goal well but could have scored more. Devlin kicked great score towards the end but I thought his free taking was bit ropey tbh. Garvey was pick of the subs kicked good point and great catch when just brought on.

SamFever

Looking forward to Wednesday night now after a great performance
although Monaghan were under strength.

Mourne man

Any word on how the county minor footballers are getting along?

Down Follower

Quote from: SamFever on January 14, 2015, 11:58:05 AM
   Bit of gossip going around local schools about the ''goings-on" in/around Kilcoo.

Please expand!!

elk

So why mention it in the 1st place?

rosskarr

Gossip being Kilcoo are going to win the Championship again.
I see you mention school- maybe time for you to get back there.

Aristo 60

Quote from: rosskarr on January 14, 2015, 04:35:37 PM
Gossip being Kilcoo are going to win the Championship again.
I see you mention school- maybe time for you to get back there.

And here's me thinking rosskarr would be a hilltown man

supersub

Quote from: SamFever on January 14, 2015, 02:12:00 PM
Quote from: Down Follower on January 14, 2015, 01:55:18 PM
Quote from: SamFever on January 14, 2015, 11:58:05 AM
   Bit of gossip going around local schools about the ''goings-on" in/around Kilcoo.

Please expand!!
Definitely not.  Gossip is gossip.

Pointless post then, cheers.