Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Hardy

Any word on Mc Corrys backroom team yet? Been kept very quiet this far.

Aristo 60

Quote from: Ed Hardy on October 12, 2014, 08:31:32 AM

He's quoted in Irish news that he'd be sorting over the weekend with maybe announcement Monday

5 Sams

Quote from: Ed Hardy on October 12, 2014, 08:31:32 AM

I see Clonduff congratulating Mark Copeland on FB. Any official news yet?
The Aristocrat Years

downup

John Morgan (Annaclone coach this year) also with Mc Corry

redandblackareback

Quote from: downup on October 14, 2014, 10:59:03 AM

Are you serious? Where did this emerge from?

general

Quote from: redandblackareback on October 14, 2014, 11:40:59 AM
Quote from: downup on October 14, 2014, 10:59:03 AM

Are you serious? Where did this emerge from?

John was part of the successful minor team of Desi Kennedy and Mark Turley for a number of years. best of luck to him

Aristo 60

McCorry said there'd be announcement Monday/Tuesday but here we are Thursday evening.

Let's hope this is the last time he over promises and under delivers!

washed_up

i think you can add Martin McGarry from CPN as part of that successful minor management team

general

Quote from: washed_up on October 16, 2014, 06:12:51 PM
i think you can add Martin McGarry from CPN as part of that successful minor management team

how could i forget lol apologies

Dubh driocht

I detect a bit of a bit of cynicism about these appointments. From what I know of him, John Morgan is a good trainer and knows his football. Copeland came across well with the women and I'm told he's impressive. Sounds like Moyna is out but I would be happy enough with these appointments.

washed_up

Does anyone know if there is radio or any link to see the games from Parc Esler today?-i would be very grateful for any information-cheers

charlieTully

Quote from: washed_up on October 19, 2014, 10:04:57 AM
Does anyone know if there is radio or any link to see the games from Parc Esler today?-i would be very grateful for any information-cheers

Radio ulster

Agent Orange

Quote from: charlieTully on October 19, 2014, 11:06:48 AM
Quote from: washed_up on October 19, 2014, 10:04:57 AM

Radio ulster

Memorial service for Paisley on radio Ulster.

www.northernsound.ie 

Dubh driocht

Was on Radio Ulster medium wave. Sounded like a dramatic finish, possible square ball but Kilcoo had chances to seal it earlier with Paul Devlin wasting an easy chance before Niall Brannigan got his second yellow. Disappointed for the Magpies, they were clearly focussed on an Ulster title as minimum return.

outinfront

No question of square ball due to new rules. Kilcoo were second best I felt and lucky to be 2 up with 1min injury time to go. Clontibret got many scores from frees, many of which were moved in by the ref. as for the end, If they had fouled further out the field (as they did during the rest of the match) then the goal never would have happened. Clontibret big and strong and packed defence strangled the kilcoo threat. They have some strong and powerful players. Hard lines to kilcoo though hard way to lose.