Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

washed_up

the post from 123 does nothing for the candidate named ,the selection committee or indeed the serious matter of the appointment of our next senior manager

redandblackareback

Quote from: PAULD123 on September 17, 2014, 06:40:13 PM
I was speaking to Mark Turley today - He has been offered the job and it will be official in the next day or two

;D

Quote from: washed_up on September 17, 2014, 09:35:16 PM
the post from 123 does nothing for the candidate named ,the selection committee or indeed the serious matter of the appointment of our next senior manager

Catch yourself on you idiot, as if anyone involved in the process takes anything on here seriously, and if they do we are in big big trouble!! Mc Corry is the new manager and that is fact, spouted as fact from one of the selection panel, its just a matter of timing now, if Kilcoo lose on Friday evening we will know early next week, if they win we might not here for a few weeks yet but I see no reason for the delay everyone knows its him, Kilcoo just don't want to believe its him as replacing him will not be easy. More interesting for me is who Mc Corrys backroom team will be, will he take the Kilcoo contingent whom he knows and trusts or will he plum for outsiders or current people within the Down leagues?

Brick Tamlin

Jim McCorry, Shorty Treanor and Michael Walsh.  :P

redandblackareback

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on September 17, 2014, 09:56:01 PM

Nearly as good as the Turley joke  ;D

Brick Tamlin

Why does Destination Newry not show any games anymore?

PAULD123

Quote from: redandblackareback on September 17, 2014, 10:02:37 PM

Nearly as good as the Turley joke  ;D

In fairness it was a joke. But things have got really tedious with all this hanging around. For the record I do not know Mark Turley at all. At least after Friday evening we will have something to talk about with some interesting championship games coming up.

Aristo 60

This is what I heard - is it a joke?

charlieTully

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on September 18, 2014, 09:22:47 AM

AFAIK the county board refused rights last year giving the excuse of reduced numbers attending games. Its a pity as it was handy for people living overseas to watch the games.

Brick Tamlin

County board could learn a lot from our neighbours and the media coverage they give to their championship games across all levels.

befair

Quote from: charlieTully on September 18, 2014, 12:35:28 PM
Quote from: Brick Tamlin on September 18, 2014, 09:22:47 AM

ASAIK the county board refused rights last year giving the excuse of reduced numbers attending games. Its a pity as it was handy for people living overseas to watch the games.

This is a disgrace, and extremely short-sighted; Destination Newry provided a great service for those who couldn't make the match and for our diaspora

befair

Down ladies play Fermanagh next week in the All-Ireland intermediate final. I think it will be our biggest achievement if we do manage to win it. Down have already beaten Fermanagh with something to spare in the Ulster final, but have been unimpressive since, only scraping through both quarter-final and semi-final, so this final is even money.

NP 76

Was the reason destination Newry not allowed to show games not something to do with tg4 having rights to the club championships and ladies football I thought that was the case

passedit

Quote from: NP 76 on September 18, 2014, 04:10:35 PM
Was the reason destination Newry not allowed to show games not something to do with tg4 having rights to the club championships and ladies football I thought that was the case

How come Armagh can show their games then?
Don't Panic

Aristo 60

Quote from: imagine on September 18, 2014, 04:02:34 PM
  Prepare for a shock with the imminent announcement of
James's successor.

Shock me now..

Down Follower

Quote from: passedit on September 18, 2014, 04:43:05 PM
Quote from: NP 76 on September 18, 2014, 04:10:35 PM

How come Armagh can show their games then?

Yeh its dissapointing that they arent on. Some of the group games were on and indeed some Intermediate games. DN also advertised at the time that they would indeed be showing the remaining SFC games. Something happened to change all that!!