Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Diarrhoa Divil

Fair play to the bridge indeed. Think they may have another kick in them yet and have a say where the championship trophy ends up this season.
Dont think anyone would take them lightly after that result. Bryansford will have been disappointed with that result. Dawson will have to work some magic over next 2 years there to get them across the line. Kilcoo should win handy enough tonight ye would think.
As for the intermediate, it has always been Points to lose. Nobody will touch them. Fancy themselves for Ulster and All-Ireland glory too apparently. Kingdowm and Liatroim will only stand in their way but they wont stop Cant Pronounce the Name lifting the trophy.
Point will do nothing proper until they sort out the soccer issue they have. Players not playing for their club cuz they away playin saccer still seems to be problem there. Bound to cause dressing room friction. Serious GAA clubs don't tolerate that nonsense and serious players don't entertain it either.

twas a disaster taking those 2 championship games away to Downpatrick of saturdya. Nightmare.

saulzer

How was it a "disaster" hosting the 2 matches in Downpatrick? Apart, of course, for South Down supporters having to do what East Down club supporters do all the time - travel some distance to watch a senior championship match!

pauly2

Referees performances in the championship over the weekend leave a lot to be desired.. Surely all those games were recorded and should be watched by county board official who is in charge of referees to make them accountable for some of their decisions.. They are the untouchables of the gaa and this needs to be addressed..
Why do county players get more leniency with decisions from referees than the ordinary club player??

outinfront

charlieTully

Anyone seen odds for the semis, a bridge stone double could be worth a fiver at the right prices?

elk

along with CPN and Ballymartin.

super reds 99

Quote from: pauly2 on September 10, 2014, 09:04:57 AM
Referees performances in the championship over the weekend leave a lot to be desired.. Surely all those games were recorded and should be watched by county board official who is in charge of referees to make them accountable for some of their decisions.. They are the untouchables of the gaa and this needs to be addressed..
Why do county players get more leniency with decisions from referees than the ordinary club player??
I was at 7 of the 8 games over the weekend and yes 2/3 werent great but iseen one our 2 who done well so not all refs should be tarred with one brush!

redandblackareback

The standard of refereeing is very poor in general, not just in Down but even nationally, look at even the Hurling on sunday, some of the calls were pathetic.

On a seperate note, thought the behaviour of Kilcoo on and off the field (including the stand where young children were present) the other night was a disgrace and a stronger referee might have seen them finish with maybe 12 men.

PAULD123

Quote from: redandblackareback on September 11, 2014, 09:24:31 AM
The standard of refereeing is very poor in general, not just in Down but even nationally, look at even the Hurling on sunday, some of the calls were pathetic.

On a seperate note, thought the behaviour of Kilcoo on and off the field (including the stand where young children were present) the other night was a disgrace and a stronger referee might have seen them finish with maybe 12 men.

I was in the stand, I didn't see any problem with Kilcoo supporters. So I can only assume it was an isolated group that behaved in a  way that you found unaceptable. As for on the pitch. It was incredible that Daryl Brannigan managed to avoid enough bookings for a sending off, but other than that I didn't see anything particularly terrible. I certainly don't see where 3 red cards would have come from to reduce them to 12 men.

Clonduff were no angels either. Laverty shipped some really heavy challenges. And Ryan Johnson almost had his head taken off at one point.

I'm a neutral. Both teams were physical, Kilcoo probably more so. But nothing as dramatic as the above post suggested

elk

Quote from: PAULD123 on September 11, 2014, 09:36:31 AM
Quote from: redandblackareback on September 11, 2014, 09:24:31 AM

I was in the stand, I didn't see any problem with Kilcoo supporters. So I can only assume it was an isolated group that behaved in a  way that you found unaceptable. As for on the pitch. It was incredible that Daryl Brannigan managed to avoid enough bookings for a sending off, but other than that I didn't see anything particularly terrible. I certainly don't see where 3 red cards would have come from to reduce them to 12 men.

Clonduff were no angels either. Laverty shipped some really heavy challenges. And Ryan Johnson almost had his head taken off at one point.

I'm a neutral. Both teams were physical, Kilcoo probably more so. But nothing as dramatic as the above post suggested
I thought the ref let a bit too much go and Daryl Brannigan should have got the line. Also didn't witness any probs with Kilcoo supporters.

Aristo 60

Has anyone heard a reason for the hold up in announcing the county manager? I though we were in for a decision/announcement at the weekend and then again on Tuesday night.

forevergreen

Quote from: Aristo 60 on September 11, 2014, 03:54:02 PM
Has anyone heard a reason for the hold up in announcing the county manager? I though we were in for a decision/announcement at the weekend and then again on Tuesday night.

I think the county board never had any intention of announcing the new manager, they have yet to meet with Dawson or McCorry and whatever camp you are in, it is only right that they give any potential candidates a hearing, on top of the fact that both of these men were/are still involved with their respective clubs, the county board will have to wait until they are out or available to meet.

If there is an announcement this week then it certainly won't be McCorry, as I can't see him allowing a distraction to Kilcoo's preparations.

If a decision is made, only possibility is Tony McEntee!!!!

Here comes the white smoke!!

outinfront

So Kilclief into div2 teconnaught relegated to div 3.
Liatroim stay in div 1, an riocht stay in div 2.

Anyone know the scores?

No1

Kilclief 1-18 v Teconnaught 1-8, dunno about the Liatriom result.

5 Sams

Quote from: No1 on September 13, 2014, 06:44:24 PM
Kilclief 1-18 v Teconnaught 1-8, dunno about the Liatriom result.

Congrats No 1!!!
The Aristocrat Years