Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitegoodman

The only think good about the current championship format is the money to be made off from Paddypower with all the one sided matches there was.

Also heard the same rumour bout Marty coming home and staying home.  Hopefully Mooney does the same.  That would be 2/3rds of the half forward line for McCurry!!

supersub

You must have put a lot of cash on - prices were terrible!! Burren 1/33?

Town Gael

Can't  believe the county board have put fixtures on this Sunday at the same time as the All-Ireland semi-final between Mayo and Kerry. Now I'm torn between supporting my club in what should be a very one sided and thus boring game or staying at home and hoping for a cracker on the TV. As if the crowds haven't been poor enough for the championship games so far this year.

PAULD123

Quote from: SHEEDY on August 18, 2014, 06:59:57 PM
Quote from: general on August 18, 2014, 08:50:32 AM
Quote from: Mourne Rover on August 17, 2014, 09:17:48 PM
Marty Clarke did not feature in the last game for Collingwood reserves, even though he is not on the club's injury list. Collingwood supporters have gone on Twitter to ask what is happening, with one suggesting that he may have gone home. His time at Collingwood would appear to be up, as he has been completely out of the first team picture throughout what has been a disastrous season for the club, although he could switch to another AFL outfit.

I've heard a bit of talk surrounding Marty and 3 or 4 others returning for An Ríocht for the promotion playoff game(Should they win their final game)
marty is home this week 'apparently' and 'apparently' home for good. ;)

Well certainly not this week anyway, and he is still part of the first team training:

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2014-08-19/photos-best-of-tuesday-training

Aristo 60

Aye but ye can see Cranfield Beach and the Dunavil Road is on his mind there  ;)

southdown

Is there really anything in these rumours? Spill the beans, lots of posters love "being in the know" on here....he would be a huge boost for next season.

downjim

Any truth in the rumours that it's McCorrys and announcement won't be made to after kilcoo finish their Down campaign which will probably be October.
He deserves his chance  and hopefully he will add some steel into our defence.

general

Quote from: southdown on August 19, 2014, 03:59:38 PM
Is there really anything in these rumours? Spill the beans, lots of posters love "being in the know" on here....he would be a huge boost for next season.

big write-up in the back of the Newry reporter yesterday about him & Mooney being back for 2015

Aristo 60

Quote from: lucan on August 18, 2014, 08:34:20 PM
DONT get too excited .we need 15  martys. Do you think he would get his place on the present Dublin side?

We don't need 15 martys. That is crazy talk. We only need about 3. Or 4. Tops.

lucan

Ask yourself a question. How many of our present team judged on this years performance [admittedly under wee jame;s management]would get their place on any of the top 10 teams in the32? Where do we come in Ulster from 1` to 9  .I support my county but i am realistic.

Aristo 60

Quote from: lucan on August 20, 2014, 06:50:56 PM
Ask yourself a question. How many of our present team judged on this years performance [admittedly under wee jame;s management]would get their place on any of the top 10 teams in the32? Where do we come in Ulster from 1` to 9  .I support my county but i am realistic.

Ask a better question.

One Marty at centre half forward, another at centre half back, a third the sweeper and the fourth, licence to roam.

That is all.

NP 76

One Marty kicking the ball in to the space to mooney and Mc comiskey would be a massive help

thewobbler

Quote from: lucan on August 20, 2014, 06:50:56 PM

If you'd have asked yourself the same question at the end of 2009, you'd have said Benny Coulter and that's it. A year later and 7 of them were nominated for All Stars.

There can be a thin line between a county player and a top county player. Injuries and form contribute (as of course does natural ability), but momentum is a major part too.

lucan

To NP 76 and The Wobbler .T he under-lying problem with the present team is not an ability issue but a very obvious lack of physicality In relation to the 1991 men Blaney Carr O;rourke Kelly Higgins to name just a few our present squad can;t mix it Look how Meath and Kildare ran trough them in the last quarters. Even though they were just beaten look how Armagh walked into Donegal.

ranch

Is the Glenn v Bryansford game tonight? Where's it being played?