Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

qubdub

Prefer knockout myself.

Possible compromise in backdoor/qualifiers to give teams a second chance. Retain some of the edge but give clubs second bite of the cherry.

Groups stages are pish I think everyone will agree.

Think the league could possibly change. If not back to four Divisions, to at least adjust numbers in each.

5 Sams

Anyone else having trouble getting onto the Down website?
The Aristocrat Years

Line Ball

I've been trying to get on for a few days now but no joy.

TBH, apart for fixtures and results there is nothing else on it.

Line Ball

Taken from Down Facebook page

Official Down GAA @OfficialDownGAA  ·  2h
Trocaire Down IFC results from RGU Downpatrick

St John's 2-12 V 1-7 Teconnaught
Carryduff 0-9 V 1-10 Saul

Official Down GAA @OfficialDownGAA  ·  1m
Morgan Fuels Down SFC halftime from Castlewellan

Mayobridge 2.06 Tullylish 1.01

Well done to the Down ladies
Down march on to the All Ireland Semi Finals! Down 2-14 Sligo 3-10 #AnDunAbu!

The Raven

Down website has been off all evening. Like most people I only use it for fixtures and results. Maybe someone reading this can sort it out, please

supersub

Has been off for a few days, have been trying to see who the referee for Rostrevor v Kilcoo is but can't get on!

Lecale2

Here's an alternative link to the Down website. Let me know if it works for you.

http://people.gaa.ie/club/down/#

The Raven

Quote from: Lecale2 on August 17, 2014, 01:28:43 PM
Here's an alternative link to the Down website. Let me know if it works for you.

http://people.gaa.ie/club/down/#
yes working, thanks Lecale2

Mourne Rover

Marty Clarke did not feature in the last game for Collingwood reserves, even though he is not on the club's injury list. Collingwood supporters have gone on Twitter to ask what is happening, with one suggesting that he may have gone home. His time at Collingwood would appear to be up, as he has been completely out of the first team picture throughout what has been a distastrous season for the club, although he could switch to another AFL outfit.

general

Quote from: Mourne Rover on August 17, 2014, 09:17:48 PM
Marty Clarke did not feature in the last game for Collingwood reserves, even though he is not on the club's injury list. Collingwood supporters have gone on Twitter to ask what is happening, with one suggesting that he may have gone home. His time at Collingwood would appear to be up, as he has been completely out of the first team picture throughout what has been a disastrous season for the club, although he could switch to another AFL outfit.

I've heard a bit of talk surrounding Marty and 3 or 4 others returning for An Ríocht for the promotion playoff game(Should they win their final game)

supersub

Any word on who the others are? Would be interesting..would they stick around next year if they were to win?

Aristo 60

Marty Clarke did not feature in the last game for Collingwood reserves, even though he is not on the club's injury list. Collingwood supporters have gone on Twitter to ask what is happening, with one suggesting that he may have gone home. His time at Collingwood would appear to be up, as he has been completely out of the first team picture throughout what has been a distastrous season for the club, although he could switch to another AFL outfit.

My thread is working. You can all thank me later. Hopefully.

elk

Watched the double header in Newry last night. Both matches were complete mis-matches with both Kilcoo and Warrenpoint being to strong for Rostrevor and Bredagh. Both games over as a contest by half time. The sooner the groups are completed and we get into the championship knockout stages the better, we might then see some good competitive matches were the outcome is not a forgone conclusion.

SHEEDY

Quote from: general on August 18, 2014, 08:50:32 AM
Marty Clarke did not feature in the last game for Collingwood reserves, even though he is not on the club's injury list. Collingwood supporters have gone on Twitter to ask what is happening, with one suggesting that he may have gone home. His time at Collingwood would appear to be up, as he has been completely out of the first team picture throughout what has been a disastrous season for the club, although he could switch to another AFL outfit.

I've heard a bit of talk surrounding Marty and 3 or 4 others returning for An Ríocht for the promotion playoff game(Should they win their final game)
marty is home this week 'apparently' and 'apparently' home for good. ;)
nil satis nisi optimum

lucan

DONT get too excited .we need 15  martys. Do you think he would get his place on the present Dublin side?