Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Townie

any word how the hill billie derby went tonight ;D

Cloc Mor

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Cloc Mor

For sure - Liatroim up by 6 at half time but never scored in 2nd half.

Cloc Mor

Liam Doyle went into the game injured (again).  Not sure what was wrong he had to take a 'Plaster of Paris' off to play.  Didn't hear how he went.

In the Onion Bag

The Square in Kilcoo?  Couldn'd agree more Clocmor a greta wee place for some action.  Manys the good coort I had there, but the left turn for Hiltown is a bit away from the square??

Cloc Mor

QuoteThe Square in Kilcoo?  Couldn'd agree more Clocmor a greta wee place for some action.  Manys the good coort I had there, but the left turn for Hiltown is a bit away from the square??

I know Onion Bag - it must be at least 20m.  Shows how much you know as well.  You we're obviously well 'in the bag' when you left it. They serve real beer in Kilcoo!

bridgegael

not a great match.  certainly a game of two halves!!  liaotrim aided by a fairly strong wind in first half got off to a flier, doyle playing very well.  they got a lucky goal caused by a mix up between keeper and midfielder. second half was all kilcoo, laverty had a penalty and seemed to scuff his shot, bad miss.  liaotrim didn't even get a shot on goal in second half. overall draw was probably fair result.  i'd still go for the fontenoys in the replay, they are by far physically stronger than kilcoo.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

boscomo

had a coort with a bord from kilcoo years ago myself after the hilltown disco i was 16 feck thats 20 years ago, still remember her name,,, HELEN,,, she was lovely, missed the bus back to newry cause was trying my luck,,,,, happy days.
if in doubt eat it

In the Onion Bag

Quote from: Cloc Mor on August 09, 2007, 10:07:32 PM
QuoteThe Square in Kilcoo?  Couldn'd agree more Clocmor a greta wee place for some action.  Manys the good coort I had there, but the left turn for Hiltown is a bit away from the square??

I know Onion Bag - it must be at least 20m.  Shows how much you know as well.  You we're obviously well 'in the bag' when you left it. They serve real beer in Kilcoo!

Jeysus Cloc,  I knew it was a bit away from the square but 20miles?  Phew thats even further than I thought.  I  must have had too much of that good Kilcoo beer when I was there.

Cloc Mor

Sorry big lad but 20m = 20 metres.  You must have had too much beer- or spent too much time in the Square that night.

johnneycool

Ballygalget GAC All Ireland Grand Draw
Ticket cost £5 / €8

1st Prize: 4 Tickets for All Ireland Hurling Final plus accommodation for 4 people (2 rooms) in Jurys Croke Park Hotel for 1st and 2nd of September.
2nd Prize: £150
3rd Prize: £100
4th Prize: £50

Draw to take place 19th August 2007
Tickets can be got from any committee member or from Joe Dorrian

Full details on www.ballygalgetgac.com

amallon

Last nights game wasn't a great start to the championship football wise but at least the county board will be happy.  The ref was clearly playing for a draw in the last few minutes giving frees against both teams in an effort to keep the ball in mid field away from either set of goals.  Kilcoo had an absolute shocker of a first half which I can't see them repeating. 

Doyle was playing but had both wrists strapped up.  It was maybe an effort to hide which wrist was injured.  He had a good first half but faded in the second half, his fitness wouldn't just be there yet.  He missed a couple of first half frees that he would normally slot over.

I'm still sticking with Kilcoo to win the replay.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

southdown

Quote from: boscomo on August 09, 2007, 10:51:51 PM
had a coort with a bord from kilcoo years ago myself after the hilltown disco i was 16 feck thats 20 years ago, still remember her name,,, HELEN,,, she was lovely, missed the bus back to newry cause was trying my luck,,,,, happy days.
Brilliant,hard to beat a good coort Boscomo, did you take her down the famous "Factory lane?!"

Cant see Kilcoo getting off to a shocker like that in the replay. History nearly always shows that the better team wins the replay, and present league positions would suggest the Magpies will prevail.

DownFanatic

SFC
Bryansford 1-08  Clonduff 1-06

IFC
Glenn 0-08  Downpatrick 2-18

IFC
Kilclief 1-08  Saval 1-11

In regards to the Saval/Kilclief game, it was played at our pitch in Dundrum. Not a great game but not a total dud either. Saval led 1-06 to 0-04 at halftime. The Saval goal was a fortuitous enough effort midway through. Kilclief were anonymous during the 1st half.
The 2nd half was a very different story with Kilclief dominating. They scored a goal, had one dissallowed and had at least three goalbound shots saved by the Saval goalie.
Saval werent on top form by any means. Fintan Conway marked Danny Hughes out of the game with Hughes basically being neutralised. Best for Saval were Jonathan Hughes, Declan McCarthy and Cathal Donnelly (Did he used to play for Mayobridge?) at the back. Fergal McConville was their best forward. Peter Turley came as a sub in the 1st half but was taken off injured in the 2nd period.
Kilclief looked dangerous on the break but their keepers not so long kickouts really hindered them. Best for the Lecale men were Conway, Ronan Strain, Jonny Hanvey, Martin Craig and Ciaran Sloan.
Saval could go a long way now and with Darren Cunningham, Mark Digney and Gareth Dobbin to come back yet their prospects look good.