Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lecale2

Bredagh v Castlewellan in ACHL Div 2 is off.

Has anyone seen Carryduff this year?

Square Ball

Quote from: Lecale2 on August 06, 2007, 06:05:40 PM
Bredagh v Castlewellan in ACHL Div 2 is off.

Has anyone seen Carryduff this year?

Lecale, why is this game off?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Square Ball

Might take a wee trip to Downpatrick myself on Saturday to watch this one, would love to see bredagh get one over that shower. never liked playing against them, it wasn't that they were better or anything like that, just they had this holier than thou attitude as if they had invented the game.

is there much talk of this game locally? I believe there are a few Bredagh boys on this site, any Duffers?

the above is a lift from the prediction thread

wont want to miss this one, should make for an interesting game especially as these two havnt met eachother in a competative senior match in years, The Duff must go into this game as strong favourites given there div two status, but it doesnt always play out that way
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

In the Onion Bag

Bredagh v Carrduff in the championship? 
Hardly matters in the grand scheme of things.  Probably means a lot to the belfasties but not beyond. Neither have a chance of getting much further in competition with the likes of Saval, Downpatrixk, Kilclief, Ballymartin awaiting. 
Mayobridge 2nds would wipe the floor with the pick of both of them.

southdown

Quote from: In the Onion Bag on August 08, 2007, 12:44:46 AM
Bredagh v Carrduff in the championship? 
Hardly matters in the grand scheme of things.  Probably means a lot to the belfasties but not beyond. Neither have a chance of getting much further in competition with the likes of Saval, Downpatrixk, Kilclief, Ballymartin awaiting. 
Mayobridge 2nds would wipe the floor with the pick of both of them.

Thats an elitist attitude there Onion Bag!  The Intermediate and Junior Chmpionships should be given more repsect.  After all, look at the populations in the areas such as Bredagh and Carryduff, theres a lot of potential there that is yet untapped as far as producing quality county footballers.  The same could be said for Newry and Downpatrick.

Bacon

In the hurling league Divison 1 on Tuesday Shamrock's, as expected, accounted for Kilclief to keep their title hopes alive.

In Division 2 Bredagh won the league without pucking a ball when closest challengers Ballycran lost at home to Portaferry and Ballygalget returned to winning ways to defeat 3rd placed Clonduff.

Congratulations Bredagh!
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

Bacon

What on Earth is a Frankie attitude?  :-\
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

In the Onion Bag

Frankie Attitude!  Agree with Bacon and would be interested to hear the answer to hisr questionl, lets be hearing from ye Wobbler?

Where does the term Frankie come from anyway?  Am I correct in thinking it is a Ballynahinch/Downpatrick/Ardglass area thingy?

Also wobbler, and anyone else with an opinion, does the term Frankie not equally apply to carryduff given as it is only a surburb of belfast?

johnneycool

Quote from: wobbller on August 09, 2007, 01:16:53 AM
Congratulations to breda.Where now for this new dual CLUB?Defeat on Saturdat night would seriously dent the  "frankie" attitude that affects everyone within Belfast and surrounding areas.

Will Bredagh now go up a division in the hurling or will they chose to stay in Div2 as other winners have done in the past?

Lecale2

Quote from: johnneycool on August 09, 2007, 08:10:31 AM

Will Bredagh now go up a division in the hurling or will they chose to stay in Div2 as other winners have done in the past?

No reason why not unless County Board have some other plan. The only way to improve and progress is through playing better teams. There is a gap in standard between Div 1 and Div 2 but I believe Bredagh can hold their own against most in Div 1, especially at home.  Which clubs other than Ballycran didn't take the promotion Johnnycool? I know Ballela and Castlewellan both went up after finishing second to Ballycran in recent years.

Wobbller - wise up! Were you on the beer last night? You used to have a bit of sense even if you were always hostile towards hurling.

thewobbler

Lecale and others, please note that the fella called wobbller is nothing to do with me.  He's an opinionated bollocks too, but we're very different people.

Lecale2

Cloc Mor

QuoteLecale and others, please note that the fella called wobbller is nothing to do with me.  He's an opinionated bollocks too, but we're very different people.

I think he 'appeared' when the website was changed, before you had signed up wobbler.  Not sure if he trying to impersonate you but with a name so close to yours I think he was trying to stir things up.  I would like to think that we all know he has nothing to do with you.  Some of his posts have been out of order - nearly as original as his name.  We're all with thewobbler on this one.

billy the kid

where does the future of the gaa lie in down? with the hurling and foofball teams both being so very poor this year. is it lack of talent lack of investment or just lack of interest? what happened to the teams of the 90s where two allireland football titles and 3 ulster hurling titles were won.  these men should be coaching throughout the underage system in the county to try and alleviate the pain of the long suffering fans of a once proud county that has descended into near oblivion on the success front.  Any thoughts?
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

Cloc Mor

QuoteThe Square in Kilcoo???

I take it wobbllier that you have never been in Kilcoo to see the Square.  Great place altogether