Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenGiant

Quote from: SHEEDY on June 01, 2014, 09:00:42 PM
Quote from: GreenGiant on June 01, 2014, 08:39:38 PM
Glenn have surprised a lot of people this year..breath of fresh air! All the haters can hate all they want
strange 1st post. haven't seen or heard any hate towards glenn.  ???

I think you'll find Sheedy if you flick back to the pages to last year when  Glenn won dividion 2 a lot of people, including the media never gave Glenn a chance.  :)

charlieTully

Quote from: GreenGiant on June 01, 2014, 09:07:45 PM
Glenn have surprised a lot of people this year..breath of fresh air! All the haters can hate all they want

I think you'll find Sheedy if you flick back to the pages to last year when  Glenn won dividion 2 a lot of people, including the media never gave Glenn a chance.  :)

i never gave them a chance, im delighted to eat humble pie, fair dues to Glen, they have certainly proved me wrong, as for hating them, thats pure shite, i would guess every poster on here would be glad for them.

SHEEDY

Quote from: charlieTully on June 01, 2014, 09:31:16 PM

i never gave them a chance, im delighted to eat humble pie, fair dues to Glen, they have certainly proved me wrong, as for hating them, thats pure shite, i would guess every poster on here would be glad for them.
I never gave them much of a chance either, glad to be proved wrong. never once heard any hatred towards them.
nil satis nisi optimum

Brick Tamlin

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on October 25, 2013, 05:05:26 PM
Tullylish and Glenn are there next season on merit. And I would applaud any team for achieving likewise.
they will gladly have the county writing them off. They are up there now and the challenge is for them to get a few wins and get in amongst the lesser teams in Div1, The Rostrevors and Ballyhollands of this world. Out of interest who are the 'Senior Clubs' in terms of quality then in the county?
Kilcoo, Burren & Bryansford are out on their own in Down..the rest of teams in Div1 are well capable of beating each other any given day.

always knew Glenn would do ok  ;)

supersub

Quote from: SHEEDY on June 01, 2014, 09:36:14 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on June 01, 2014, 09:31:16 PM

I never gave them much of a chance either, glad to be proved wrong. never once heard any hatred towards them.

Indeed it was hard to see them competing given they were a Div 3 team not so long ago, however they have proved otherwise and is great to see! Not too many haters, if any, that's reserved for those at the top table  ;D

Down Follower

Has anyone any idea why there are two championship games on this Friday when all the other games are next week? Loughinisland v Longstone and Castlewellan v Ballyholland in Newry! Full round of league games on at the same time also.  Strange.

gaamann

Greengiant don't know if you are from Glenn or not but as a Glenn supporter for 40 years I can honestly say I haven't experienced any hate posts on this forum I think most are glad to see the under dog doing well as most promoted teams are usually favourite for the drop its nothing personal just a opinion expressed  hopefully another 4 points will see us safe and as we get more experienced we could set our sights a little higher next season and look too finish in the top 6

Hedgehunter

What Glenn have going for them is Youth. The average age if the team is 22, if they can stay together and in Div 1 for a year or 2 they are quite capable of cementing a place in Div for the foreseeable future. Also I would think it's only a matter if time before a couple of lads could get a call from the county setup. Liam Bagnall is the best player I've seen so far in Div 1 this year and without doubt scored the goal of the season on Friday night against Loughinisland. But being selfish I would prefare if they avoided a possible county call as it could be detrimental to us.

southdown

Has anyone got an updated division 1 table?

supersub

Team         Pld   WonDrawLost   F   A   Diff   Points
Bryansford   7   7   0   0   151   83   68   14
Castlewellan   7   6   0   1   120   83   37   12
Kilcoo           7   5   1   1   118   82   36   11
Mayobridge   7   5   1   1   146   104   42   11
Glenn            7   4   0   3   86   87   -1   8
RGU Dow      7   4   0   3   92   94   -2   8
Rostrevor           7   4   0   3   89   109   -20   8
Burren           7   3   0   4   107   104   3   6
Clonduff           7   3   0   4   104   113   -9   6
Longstone   7   3   0   4   101   111   -10   6
Annaclone   7   3   0   4   80   93   -13   6
Saval           6   2   1   3   94   103   -9   5
Ballyholland   7   1   1   5   79   103   -24   3
Tullylish           7   1   1   5   78   122   -44   3
Liatroim           6   1   0   5   94   119   -25   2
Loughinisland   7   0   1   6   89   118   -29   1

Down Follower

Quote from: Hedgehunter on June 02, 2014, 09:08:10 PM
What Glenn have going for them is Youth. The average age if the team is 22, if they can stay together and in Div 1 for a year or 2 they are quite capable of cementing a place in Div for the foreseeable future. Also I would think it's only a matter if time before a couple of lads could get a call from the county setup. Liam Bagnall is the best player I've seen so far in Div 1 this year and without doubt scored the goal of the season on Friday night against Loughinisland. But being selfish I would prefare if they avoided a possible county call as it could be detrimental to us.

He is putting up some respectable scoring tallies for Glenn so should certainly be worth a look for the county.  Scoring forwards are worth their weight in gold in football - especially in this era of mass defences. 

supersub

Quote from: Down Follower on June 03, 2014, 10:53:17 AM

He is putting up some respectable scoring tallies for Glenn so should certainly be worth a look for the county.  Scoring forwards are worth their weight in gold in football - especially in this era of mass defences.

I'd say Barry Gray and WTFC would have something to say about that!

Down Follower

Quote from: supersub on June 03, 2014, 01:20:10 PM
Quote from: Down Follower on June 03, 2014, 10:53:17 AM

I'd say Barry Gray and WTFC would have something to say about that!

Didnt realise he was a soccer player! There you go. We have lost some serious talent over recent years to other sports - Clarke, Mooney, Shay McCartan. All bloomin good forwards too.

Brick Tamlin

Hmmm play in front of thousands for your county or play in front of 2 men and a dog in the shitty Irish League?
Decisions decisions.

knockitdown

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on June 03, 2014, 01:49:59 PM
Hmmm play in front of thousands for your county or play in front of 2 men and a dog in the shitty Irish League?
Decisions decisions.

£££££££ talks