Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

dundrumite

dundrum beat bright, so that looks like barring a freak set of results tullylish, saul, dundrum and bredagh to make up the top4

DownFanatic

Down ACFL Division 3
Bright 0-07  Dundrum 0-16

DownFanatic

ACFL Division 3 Table (Quick Update)

Played     Points
Tullylish           20            32
Saul                19            27
Dundrum         20            27
Bredagh          20            25
--------------------------------------------
Bosco              20            22
Ardglass           19            21
Teconnaught    20            20
Drumgath         19            19
------------------------------------------
Glenn              20            18
Mitchels           19            11
Bright              20             8
St Pauls           20             6

Smiler An Dun

DOWN GAA RESULTS

Friday 3 August

O'Neills International Sportswear

Div 1

Atticall 0-4 Castlewellan 1-9

An Riocht (Sun 5pm ) Loughinisland

Mayobridge 5-8
Bryansford 2-12

Rostrevor 0-8 Longstone 1-10

Kilcoo 1-10 Clonduff 0-9

Liatroim 1-12 Burren 2-12

Div 2

Ballymartin 0-5
Ballyholland 1-6

Carryduff 0-12
Glasdrumman 3-7

Kilclief 1-11 Downpatrick 2-9

Shamrocks 1-16 Clann Na Banna 2-10

Darragh Cross 1-10
Warrenpoint 3-6

Saval 0-12 Anaclone 1-5

Div 3

Bright 0-7 Dudrum 0-15

Ardglass 0-13 St.
Pauls 1-5

Glenn 1-5 Teconnaught 0-7

Drumgath 1-8 Tullylish 2-15

Saul (off) Mitchels

Bredagh 1-19 Bosco 0-8

Div 4

St. Michaels1-16 Dromara 1-16

Drumaness 5-16 Ballykinlar 2-6

Aughlisnafin 2-3 Aghaderg 3-24

Square Ball

If the Teconnaught result is correct thats them out of it

Square Ball

Quote from: wobbller on August 03, 2007, 10:24:51 PM
ACFL Division 3 Table (Could be wrong?)

Played     Points
Tullylish           20            32
Saul                19            27
Dundrum         20            27
Bredagh          20            25
--------------------------------------------
Bosco              20            22
Ardglass           19            21
Teconnaught    20            20
Drumgath         19            19

------------------------------------------
Glenn              20            18
Mitchels           19            11
Bright              20             8
St Pauls           20             6

Does the 30% rule apply to Bright in 2nd last place?

my understanding is that the 30% rule applies to everyone that it is applicable to, could be the bottom 3, so at the minute in div 3 its Bright and St pauls, to avoid the 30% st Pauls have to win the last 2 matched and Tullylish to lose theirs, Bright need a few more points. If both fall into the 30% does that mean the playoffs dont happen?

amallon

The Bridge had a good win but very very hard earned victory over the Ford last night.  The Ford were the better team for large parts of the game but our ability to get goals from no where saved our bacon.  The game had to be stopped for 25 mins to allow an Ambulance to take a Ford player to hospital with a suspected neck injury.  Spirit Any word on the lad today?  On the face of this performance the Ford will be hard talked to in the Championship.  From a Bridge point of view this was just the sort of game we needed.

Another bad night from Rostrevor they have a very hard run in against Burren and Kilcoo and I wouldn't fancy them to make the top 4.  Burren look to be hitting form just at the right time a win over Kilcoo and an away win in Laitroim points to the possibility of a good run in the championship.  Drumgath got another hiding last night from Tullylish and you really have to wonder how they are going to live with the Stone who would probably eat the likes of Tullylish alive.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

In the Onion Bag

Quote from: TORGAEL on July 05, 2007, 09:34:42 PM
ACFL DIV3

ARDGLASS  0-6  DRUMGATH  2-4

Match abandoned by referee after 48 minutes. Referee stated he had warned the team captains that he was receiving too much verbal abuse and blew up the game with 12 minutes to go after one of the ardglass players said something to him. This was neither a dirty or tempestuous game [only 2 yellow cards had been brandished] & no player had been cautioned for any sort of verbal abuse.

Does anyone know if the authorities have reached a decision on this match?  Did Drumgath get the points or is there to be a reply?

southdown

Rostrevor 0-08 1-10 Longstone

Probably our best game of the year, showed real hunger all over the pitch, particularly Mark Doran and Barry Kelly who were immence in the half back line.  Rostrevor never really threatened, and if you can man mark Connor Daily out of the game you really boost your chances of beating Rostrevor.  

Lecale2

Junior Championship Result

Portaferry 1-16 0-10 Ballygalget. Tomorrows match between Ballycran & Warrenpoint is off.

boscomo

hard luck to bredagh player and antrim manager jody gormley yesterday in a fantastic tommy murphy cup final played at headquaters, really thought antrim had it but that last kick of the game goal must me heart breaking, it was a great game played in a great spriit not like the dirt that followed, the sligo and cork match was the worst i have seen in a long time , then the meath v tyrone game was a cracker too.hard luck jody hopefully you can guide bredagh to consecitive promotions.
if in doubt eat it

Square Ball

Bredagh beat Castlewellan 4-18 to 0-3 in the Junior Championship today

dundrumite

I know unlikely but a possibility still exists that if drumaness win the junior championship and Glenn overtake drumgath, then within the space of one season drumgath will have went from senior status to junior, surely this would be a first within Down? Any real stat heads out there able to correct me?

Bacon

Hurling fixtures Tuesday 7th August 7.30pm

ACHL 7.30pm S14

Div One

Liatroim v Ballygalget

Ballela v Ballycran

Shamrocks v Kilclief

Portaferry have dropped one point and Shmrocks have dropped 4. They have to play each other twice so Shamrocks can still catch Ports. If Kilclief beat Shamrocks tonight it's all over. But they won't!

Div Two

Ballycran v Portaferry

Ballyvarley v Warrenpoint

Castlewellan v Bredagh

Ballygalget v Clonduff

Bredagh have only lost once all season and if they win at Castlewellan they win Division 2. After the hiding they dished outto The Town  in the championship I'd expect celebrations in the Parador on Tuesday night.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009