Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bridgegael

i dont think he has an issue with when the game is played.  its the changing of games at very short notice. 
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

downjim

Why the rush to play so many games in a short space of time? I guarentee the Irish news will feature at least two county players injuries in the next few weeks.

supersub

It is always the way at the start of the season. League still won't finish when it is supposed to so makes no odds really.

spirit0f91and94

The change cannot be enforced at this stage - why did they have to change the whole series?
Think back to All Ireland Final weekend and clubs invited to Kilmacud were not allowed to change their games irrespective of the reason and this came from CCC......i would be aware of this as we were forced to play rostrevor when we asked for a postponement.
I know this proposed change goes against our plans and players are away. :'(

Leonardo

Just brilliant. Picked up a knock last week and will miss first 3 games :'(

general

ACFL Div 1

Glenn 0:15 Annaclone 0:08

Annaclone blown away by Glenn

SHEEDY

clonduff beat tullylish with the last kick of the game. 1-11 to 3-4
nil satis nisi optimum

T O Hare

Mb 2.11 saval 3.14 we were eight points down with 12 to go. Then we got a man sent off and played excellent to salvage a draw. A very entertaining game and some excellent goals. Niall madine scored two crackers while Benny changed the game when going to midfield. Danny played the whole game and looked in good nick
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

spirit0f91and94

Ballyholland 0.10 Bryansford 2.11
Tough battle - Stevie Poacher gets 100 % from them lads.

BarryBreensBandage

Quote from: general on April 11, 2014, 08:15:48 PM
ACFL Div 1

Glenn 0:15 Annaclone 0:08

Annaclone blown away by Glenn

Great start for Glenn - some class football played. Now for Saval and Burren next week!
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

Line Ball

Quote from: 5 Sams on April 10, 2014, 11:30:09 PM
Quote from: Line Ball on April 10, 2014, 10:40:28 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on April 10, 2014, 10:29:03 PM
Quote from: T O Hare on April 10, 2014, 10:24:49 PM
I guarantee you 95% of the players will be happy with the changes!

+1 . Delighted I'd say.
Quote from: 5 Sams on April 10, 2014, 10:28:20 PM
Quote from: Line Ball on April 10, 2014, 10:15:37 PM
Well, the County Board have pulled another one from left field.  Our leagues begin tomorrow night and they suddenly decide to change the dates of the games from Easter Tuesday to the Saturday before this, which is Easter Saturday!  Its not much notice for people who have made plans based on the fixtures which were released by CCC a number of weeks ago. The reason being:

CCC have  had  numerous  requests to change  Fixtures from Easter Tuesday to Easter Saturday. In light of these CCC has decided to change the entire League Programme, both Round 3 of Div's 1&2 and Round 7 for Div 3 from Tues April 22nd to Saturday April 19th. Throw-ins will be 4pm.

This means that in a 15 game league, 3 of them are played in the first week.  Talk about pure lunacy and not much importance to the average club player who deserves better than this.

In fairness Lineball I know for a fact that the lads making the fixtures were under serious pressure from quite a few clubs to change these games cos people had plans for Easter week. The likes of Paul Blaney and the CCC simply can't win in a situation like this. IMHO in this case they have taken the clubs requests on board and have acted accordingly. They have a thankless job to be honest.....and don't forget in most cases are taking all sorts of shit from club secretaries, managers, etc while working on a voluntary basis.

From what I hear, your club was leading the charge for a change because Poacher has a few days holiday planned and was going to miss the Tuesday game.

I'm sure clubs have problems with some dates but why leave it so long to make the change, that is the issue I have.  Lads may have sorted a few days away, work shifts etc based on the original fixtures and may now have to try to get things changed for Easter Saturday.  The timing of this change is brutal.
I'd love to know what club you're with and their opinion on an Easter Tuesday fixture?

We always have games on Easter Monday or Tuesday EVERY year and so teams are prepared for this.  We have NEVER played games on an Easter Saturday before or maybe someone will tell me otherwise.  If you had read my posts you might see that it is not the dates of the games but the lateness of the fixture change which is the problem.

Line Ball

Tonights results

DIVISION 1

MAYOBRIDGE 2-14 V 3-11 SAVAL
LIATROIM 1-6 V 0-16 ROSTREVOR
RGU DOWNPATRICK 2-9 V 0-13 LONGSTONE
LOUGHINISLAND 0-9 V 3-11 CASTLEWELLAN
KILCOO 1-16 V 2-8 BURREN
BALLYHOLLAND 0-10 V 2-11 BRYANSFORD
GLENN 0-15 V 0-8 ANNACLONE

DIVISION 2

DRUMGATH 1-4 V 2-16 CUMANN PHEADAIR NAOFA
NEWRY SHAMROCKS 0-4 V 0-7 ST JOHN BOSCO
AN RÍOCHT 4-13 V 1-11 ST JOHN'S
SAUL 1-11 V 0-12 DARRAGH CROSS
GLASDRUMMAN 1-5 V 0-10 CLANN NA BANNA
BREDAGH 1-8 V 0-11 CARRYDUFF
ATTICALL 0-7 V 0-14 BALLYMARTIN
AGHADERG 1-9 V 3-11 TECONNAUGHT

5 Sams

Quote from: spirit0f91and94 on April 11, 2014, 10:12:53 PM
Ballyholland 0.10 Bryansford 2.11
Tough battle - Stevie Poacher gets 100 % from them lads.
We won't meet a team much better than that this year.
The Aristocrat Years

ApresMatch

Line Ball, there's a Division 3 in Down too. If your putting up the scores it's a bit disrespectful leaving them out.

O'Neills Down Division 3

St Michael's 0-8 v 1-16 Mitchel's
Killyleagh 1-7 v 4-21 Kilclief
Dromara 0-10 v 0-7 Dromara
Ardglass 0-7 v 1-14 Bright
St Paul's 1-11 v 1-15 Dundrum

Lecale2

What has happened to Ballykinlar? They aren't in the football league.