Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boscomo

div3 top 4 should be as it is. tullylish safe, saul nearly there, dundrum and bredagh can only loose it, bosco need a miracle.
if in doubt eat it

thewobbler

Downgael - I'd take Seamus Walsh's views over that.

The reason why there were 3 teams in Division III play-offs in recent seasons is that it was a 10-team league. Now it is a 12-team league again, it would revert to the 4 team playoffs as with Divisions I and II. The rulebook may not have been updated as an oversight.

T O Hare

wobbler how much do the ballyholland club pay the democrat for your  ballyholland bulletin piece in their paper every week  :) ;)
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

thewobbler

Hush Tom, or I might have to give Mayobridge the kiss of death in next week's championship predictions.

T O Hare

after last nights performance, i dont think even you could get us beat!!!!!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Pull Hard Hes No Relation

Ulster Hurling League Quarter Final: Newry Shamrocks 2-16 Armoy 0-6
Vast improvement from Shamrocks on their inept performance in the IHC on Sunday and Armoy bore the brunt of a team on the rebound last night. The use of a sweeper in between the half back and full back line made a massive difference and created space up front for the forwards particularly Eoin McGuinness to run riot.
It was great to the chance to put Sunday's poor performance behind us so quickly, looking forward to the semis now. :D

Statto-Gael

Quote from: thewobbler on July 31, 2007, 03:00:49 PM
Downgael - I'd take Seamus Walsh's views over that.

The reason why there were 3 teams in Division III play-offs in recent seasons is that it was a 10-team league. Now it is a 12-team league again, it would revert to the 4 team playoffs as with Divisions I and II. The rulebook may not have been updated as an oversight.

Thanks Wobbler ... just noticed though that the League tables on the Downgaa.net have been updated with a set of lines under Tullylish (i.e. first place) and above the bottom 2.  Have we now got a new setup in that first place is going up automatically and bottom 2 dropping without playoffs?  Somebody needs to confirm this - I hope the teams themselves at least know whats happening....

Anyone any update on this possible twist? the Div 3 playoff chase is tight enough without adding a first-straight-up and next-3-playoff ruling very late in the day

thewobbler

Statto gael, you're looking for things that aren't there!

The line under the likes of Tullylish and Kilcoo, and over the likes of Atticall and Bright, means that they're definitely going to end the season in a play-off situation (for relegation teams, providing they get 30% of top place). Mathematics and all that.

It's just Diarmuid trying to be helpful.

Note - there are  few errors in Downgaa.net's ACFL II table. Harps have only 22 points. Ballymartin have played 19. The outstanding fixture is Shamrocks vs Carryduff.

passedit

I see the site has been further updated.

Wobbler you've definitely taken the shilling, does the 30% rule not apply for div three?

http://www.downgaa.net/downgaa/leaguetables/full_allcounty_leaguetables.htm
Don't Panic

wally

Has anyone got directions to Brights new ground, I am looking to get down and watch them play Dundrum on Friday night

Thanks in advance!

thewobbler

10% rule?

Only percentage rule I'm aware of is that the bottom 2 teams must each have at least 30% of the top team's points tally to avoid automatic relegation.

This is rounded down i.e.

- If Saval finish top with 30 points, bottom teams need ((30/10) * 3 = 9) 9 points to avoid relegation.
- If Saval finish top with 31 points, bottom teams need ((31/10) * 3 = 9.3) 9.3 points to avoid relegation. This is rounded down to 9 points required.
- If Saval finish top with 32 points, bottom teams need ((32/10) * 3 = 9.6) 9.6 points to avoid relegation. This is rounded down to 9 points required.
- If Saval finish top with 33 points, bottom teams need ((33/10) * 3 = 9.9) 9.9 points to avoid relegation. This is still rounded down to 9 points required.
- If Saval finish top with 34 points, bottom teams need ((34/10) * 3 = 10.2) 10.2 points to avoid relegation. This is rounded down to 10 points required.

passedit

Quote10% rule?

Slip of the mouse, (or maybe wishful thinking) now amended.

My reading of table and annotations for Div three is that relegation is a bottom three playoff with no 30% rule.

Bit of a pity that it isn't crystal clear

Don't Panic

No1

Wobbs,

Do you have an up to date Div 2 table handy by any chance?

goldenyears

it seems that the result is wrong for the point v shamrocks game and that in fact the point won by 2 points...i assume the div 2 table needs changed as a result....?

thewobbler

No.1 - I think the one on the Harps website (inside senior football) is accurate - apart from the shams vs point issue GY highlighted above.