Previous topic - Next topic

SHEEDY

1st shock of the championship tonight; saval 1-10 b'ford 0-10
nil satis nisi optimum

charlieTully

Quote from: SHEEDY on September 13, 2013, 10:17:58 PM
1st shock of the championship tonight; saval 1-10 b'ford 0-10
[/quote

Do you know who won the tullylish v clan na banna game?

qubdub

Town Gael

Gutted we lost last night. Thought it was a good game with some quality football. I thought Burren were very lucky to be only a point behind at half time. Their goal came from a bad mistake and that gave them a huge lift. They were the better team in the second half, their tactic of crowding the midfield worked well as in she first half Finty was dominant there. Their no. 10 McGovern had a great game and I think was their main man, setting up several attacks and being very in control of the ball when going on his many solo runs. I thought Duffin's passing was incredible, but at the end of the day our defence were too loose and Burren's quality forwards stood up and were counted in the second half. I think 6 points flattered them a bit but in championship football you only need to be one point better to progress. I don't think anyone will touch them in Down this year, I think Castlewelan were their biggest threat and they got through that one.
On another point it was the Town's 4th championship game this year but the first one that felt like a championship game. I am not a fan of the league format, it is not do-or-die enough

urbangael

Burren looking good to get back to the kingpins of down football however Kilcoo have yet to show their hand at knock out stage. Can't see them having too much trouble with the yellas tomorrow night. 

Intermediate championship looks wide open however. Tullylish Bosco and the johnnies all impressive in their 1/4s and drumgath v carry duff looks too close to call

downjim

We looked good in the second half last  night but the town are only at best a 4th best team in the county. Kilcoo are the team that everyone wants to see at the minute . But Saval and the bridge are only playing for a final place. Our forward line would hammer it home against the so called oldest club in Down and I hope we draw them.

stiff breeze

hiltown getting beat tonight by 18 points shows the new league system is a joke , they are one of the weaker teams promoted and we should go back to the competitive 10 team div one , on no wait..........

umpire

Draws for Semi final
SFC
Saval v Burren
Kilcoo v Mayobridge

IFC
Bosco v Tullylish
Drumgath v  St Johns

JFC
St Pauls v Dromara
Teconnaught v Aghaderg

downjim

Kilcoo were awesome tonight. They will beat the Bridge with something to spare while we should account for Saval. It should be a good final.

Down Follower

Quote from: downjim on September 17, 2013, 12:17:11 AM
Kilcoo were awesome tonight. They will beat the Bridge with something to spare while we should account for Saval. It should be a good final.

That was a serious win for Kilcoo over Clonduff.  The yellas are not the force they were a few years ago but did anyone expect such a hammering.  Are Kilcoo and Burren pulling away from the rest to the extent Crossmaglen are in Armagh?? If as expected they both reach the final, it should be one hell of a contest.

T O Hare

After last night Kilcoo look to be the favourites and look slightly better than Burren although Burren will improve. If they meet it will be a clinker
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Oglach

mmm Old soft chat... Kilcoo have never had anything easy against Mayobridge and i would say there'll be two or three points either way. It'll be a  tight one.
I wouldn't write off Saval either, they've got a handful of players that could turn any game.

Down Follower

Minor championship now down to the last 4. Warrenpoint, Rostrevor, Shamrocks and Mayobridge.  4 good teams left and some good teams now gone, Saval, Burren, Clonduff! It really was a high qaulity quarter final draw with possibly only Saul being somewhat behind the rest although still deservedly being there.  For me, Warrenpoint are the best side remaining with a healthy contingent of players remaining from last years winning side.  Does it lead towards a bright future for the Point?? This year was a pretty poor year for them considering their achievements last year.

supersub

Or will the super reds pick up another minor title their first since 2007....

DaisyCutter

Just back from Two entertaining games in Pairc Esler where Castlewellan and Kilcoo became the new Premier Reserve and Reserve Champions respectively.
A cameo appearance from Veteran Mickey Linden wasn't enough to help the Bridge see off a tenacious Kilcoo side who's star performer was Dominic McEvoy in the middle of the park by scoring 1-3 infront of a huge travelling Kilcoo support.
Kilcoo 2-9 Mayobridge 0-8.

It will be mixed emotions for one Shorty Trainor tonight as he managed Castlewellan 2nds to the Premier Reserve title by beating his own Burren club, with his son making an appearance from the bench in a tense affair.
Great early goals for the town set them off, as the determined Burren side missed a lot of chances throughout the game, with the town being more economical in front of goal.
There were good performances from Cathal Keown and young Dornan whilst Kevin McGivern tried hard for Burren.

On another note, I'd like to state how poor our tannoy speaker is in Paric Esler, as I didn't hear one word of the speeches from both Captains of the winning teams.
This seems to be an ongoing issue in Pairc Esler as last years seniors and intermediate speeches were the same.
It would have been nice to hear what the both captains had to say.