Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaisyCutter

Plus a few teams not fulfilling their Premier Reserve League Fixtures either yesterday...

downjim

Saval did not turn up either. They made a poor bridge team look good

Buffer

Could anyone tell me when the draw is being made for the next round of the senior championship?

angermanagement

DaisyCutter

Will it be an open draw or will it be for example: Winners of Group 1 Vs Runners Up of Group 2...etc??
I know that you cant play the same team in your group again....e.g: Bryansford Vs Burren.

Town Gael

Winners play runners up. Teams nit fielding has shown everyone that the groups are a disaster. Straight knockout is tge only way championship football should be played

angermanagement

Castlewellan v Burren
Bridge v L'island
Kilcoo v Clonduff
Saval v B'ford

supersub

Big 4 kept apart again, couldnt make it up ;)

maldini

Quote from: supersub on September 03, 2013, 12:02:24 AM

Group winners were kept apart. That was to be the case from the outset

centre 3/4s

Hope the big 4 make the quarters would be two facinating duels whoever is paired.... As for the Intermediate anyone out of the eight has a chance as far as I have seen

supersub

Quote from: maldini on September 03, 2013, 09:39:09 AM
Quote from: supersub on September 03, 2013, 12:02:24 AM

Group winners were kept apart. That was to be the case from the outset

Hence the wink.

downup

Looking at the draws and going on performances I believe you would have to go with the following:
Burren (blip against Ford but expect them to come back)
Kilcoo (last years Ulster finalists plus clonduff will be without Arthur Mc Conville, John Fegan, PO Mc Conville, Paul Mc Polin, Patrick Mc Greevy who all played last time they shocked Kilcoo)
Mayobridge (the old players still pull the strings, think they will just have too much know how for L'island plus they have Conor Garvey back)
Bryansford (probably the most obvious tie of the round, Saval have been poor in there recent outings)

Standing at D'patrick match last night and it was a keenly contested affair. Best team probably won. Jamie O'Reilly would definitely be an asset to the county team.

supersub

Buffer

No Jamie o'reilly netted at the end to give them a two point win,poor game but last 5 mins were interesting

meatsy86

believe it or not buffer the match was actually a draw Jamie o'reilly palmed the ball over the bar in the last min thus drawing the game and hence loughinisland went through as a draw was all they needed!!