Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DownFanatic

Square Ball, the Teconnaught v Dundrum game was 100% defintely not abandoned. Infact referee Alan Grant nearly played 3 minutes injury time. I dont know where u heard that from but it is wholly innacurate.
Teconnaught got two boys sent off. Barry Rogan got a straight red for headbutting while Henry Green got two yellows followed by a red.
PS - On the referee. A lot of people dont like Alan Grant's methods as an official but he did a very good job. He told the players at the start of the game that if they mouthed at him, he would black card them, then yellow if it happened again followed by red. For once a referee stuck by his pre-match directions and carried out what he preached. He lets the game flow and really only blows up for over the top cynical fouling.

charlie stubbs

heard theres talk of the 2 drumgeth lads connolly and mccabe not coming home and that they have been offered jobs over there a close friend of theres was saying to me lastnight

stpauls

Quote from: DownFanatic on July 25, 2007, 03:51:20 PM
Square Ball, the Teconnaught v Dundrum game was 100% defintely not abandoned. Infact referee Alan Grant nearly played 3 minutes injury time. I dont know where u heard that from but it is wholly innacurate.
Teconnaught got two boys sent off. Barry Rogan got a straight red for headbutting while Henry Green got two yellows followed by a red.
PS - On the referee. A lot of people dont like Alan Grant's methods as an official but he did a very good job. He told the players at the start of the game that if they mouthed at him, he would black card them, then yellow if it happened again followed by red. For once a referee stuck by his pre-match directions and carried out what he preached. He lets the game flow and really only blows up for over the top cynical fouling.

DF,

maybe he meant the Saul Vs Teconnaught match, wasn't that game abandoned? Apparently, our game at home to Bredagh wasn't abandoned either, according to some people from Bredagh!

Square Ball

Quote from: stpauls on July 25, 2007, 04:17:47 PM
Quote from: DownFanatic on July 25, 2007, 03:51:20 PM

DF,

maybe he meant the Saul Vs Teconnaught match, wasn't that game abandoned? Apparently, our game at home to Bredagh wasn't abandoned either, according to some people from Bredagh!

DF was there another game to be decided? St Pauls I forgot about our game, it was one of them that stay in the mind a long time!!!
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Lecale2

Where is the Tullylish pitch?

Cloc Mor

Go into Banbridge.  Take the road for Gillford.  Theres a roundabout about 3 miles out of Banbridge - keep left and u come into Laurencetown, 1 mile from here.  Take a right at the crossroads in the centre of the villlage.  Its about 500m on the left up this road.

passedit

Lecale

Head outa Banbridge towards Portydown about two n 1/2 miles out you'll come to a roundabout, bear left following the signs for Gilford/Portydown, another 700 metres or so you'll come to a Texaco Garage on your right, pass this and at the bottom of the hill take a right. The pitch is 200 yards up that road (Drumnascamph Rd) on the left
Don't Panic

Lecale2

DownFanatic

Div 3 Fixtures for Friday night

Teconnaught v St. Pauls - Teconnaught to get it tough in this one. St Pauls will be fighting hard. However, the Annacloy men will prevail.

Tullylish v Bredagh - Depends how Enda Gormley is marked. Tullylish mightn't have the firepower to outshoot Bredagh with the former Derry ace on form and thats why Im plumping for a Bredagh win.

Bosco v Mitchels - Bosco need to get back on track after the Saul defeat. An exciting derby here with a high scoring draw the result.

Bright v Glenn - Bright need these two points big time and could shock Glenn who have an awful away record.

Dundrum v Ardglass

Drumgath v Saul - Drumgath are understrength at this moment and they are unlikely to put it up against a very mentally tough and skillful Saul side.

boscomo

anoter important round of fixtures tonight in div 3 , we really need to beat local rivals Mitchels, hope Tullylish beat Bredagh and Saul happen to loose, that wil keep it fresh.
if in doubt eat it

boscomo

guys is there anyone going to the DOWN U14 development squad training in An Richot on Saturday morning at 10.00 am if so could you drop me  a wee buzz on here or e mail me at lhollywodd@aol.com
i am looking a lift as i am carless at the minute.
cheers
mo
if in doubt eat it

Whitehair

Weekend IHC Predictions

Ballygalget v Ballyvarley, Galgets by 10+
Liatroim v Kilclief, Liatroim by 8
Ballycran v Newry, Although we havent played Ballycran this season based on Newrys poor performance against us i would have to go for the Crans, which i think will be their 3rd consecutive year beating Shamrocks in the IHC. Should be a cracker!

Also does anybody know of any pubs around Darragh Cross which would show the All Ireland Hurling?

lecale4

St Paul's V Bredagh - "this game was definitely not abandoned" - Oey Gelston - Referee

charlie stubbs

boscomo how is francie downey doing for yous this year.mind playing against him for the school and he was quite good,but then i seen him hobbling around on crutches has he regained his form or is he still injured

Pull Hard Hes No Relation

IHC
Whitehair, its one each in the IHC between Newry and the Crans. Shamrocks beat them in Darragh Cross two years ago while the Crans won last year - Shamrocks are missing a couple of lads due to holidays so you would fancy the Crans but you never know if big Kieran and Eoin hit form.