Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mourne Rover

Shea McCartan was listed in the Down squad in the official programme on Sunday - has he subsequently left ?

norabeag

Quote from: Mourne Rover on June 05, 2013, 11:37:53 PM
Shea McCartan was listed in the Down squad in the official programme on Sunday - has he subsequently left ?
That was shea McArdle .

NP 76

Shea mc Cartan was named in the pen pics on Sunday. I would love to see him involved a very direct player with lightening speed a good addition if he is involved

PAULD123

There was a mistake somehow in the program. Shay was asked about it on his twitter account and said that it was not true and didn't know where the rumor had come from. Pity would be great to see such a skillful player pull on the red&black, especially as he now has two years professional training behind him.

supersub

Shea McCardle was on the bench for Down on Sunday, brother of Anton McCardle, he is the other corner forward (along with O'Hare) from Burren. This is where the confusion has come from.

Gaa for life

Speaking of mcardles I think ruiari Mcardle from castlewellan has been having a great season and is someone who I think could push for a starting place with the county seniors. I'm not just saying that as he's a fellow club man. He's strong athletic quick a great reader of the game and can play football. IMO he's a better opinion at full back than benny Mcardle.

Brick Tamlin

Schools all finished already??

supersub

Quote from: Gaa for life on June 06, 2013, 11:14:57 AM
Speaking of mcardles I think ruiari Mcardle from castlewellan has been having a great season and is someone who I think could push for a starting place with the county seniors. I'm not just saying that as he's a fellow club man. He's strong athletic quick a great reader of the game and can play football. IMO he's a better opinion at full back than benny Mcardle.

And would you be saying the same if he were not so?

Gaa for life

I'd have to be honest and say I don't no if I would be saying it if I was from a different club as i would only get to see him play once r teice a year, but as I have watched all of castlewellans games this year I'm making a genuine comment on the lad. He's been a solid performer for the town over the past 5 r 6 years. And so far this year i think hes been outstanding.

Mourne Rover

Just in case of any confusion, Shea McArdle and Shea McCartan were both named as squad members in the official programme on Sunday. McCartan's reference included his club, age, height and weight, so there is no question that he had simply been mixed up with McArdle.

NedFlanders

Hearing strong vibes that Breffni Park could be the destination in a few weeks time lads..

DaisyCutter

Mayobridge 1-6 Kilcoo 0-16.
Entertaining game at Eoghain Rua Park where the Magpies made a kind donation to Joe Brolly and Shane Finnegan afterwards for there worthy cause.
Pity about the weather...😝

supersub

Breffni it is!

Rostrevor 0-10 Annaclone 0-12 tonight - we had enough chances to win 5 games, some wayward shooting which they punished in the second half.

charlieTully

Quote from: supersub on June 07, 2013, 11:48:22 PM
Breffni it is!

Rostrevor 0-10 Annaclone 0-12 tonight - we had enough chances to win 5 games, some wayward shooting which they punished in the second half.

annaclone are flying, c***ts.

johnneycool

Well done the hurlers for a good, hard earned victory in the Christy Ring final on saturday, pretty decent support down for them as well, a couple of buses from the ards as well as the point and Liatroim.