Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goldenyears

You are a wind up merchant Wobbler. Pangur is def right!

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: upthetown2013 on October 11, 2012, 01:24:59 PM

Your right Pauly2, we have to compete with the Bobby Dazeller Cup which is a joke.

We should have beat Kilcoo in the quarter final makes me sick thinking about it.

Apparently the word in Kilcoo is they have won it already with men going on the drink this week in Belfast JJ and PD  ;)

Typical Kilcoo cxxky as fxxk

Catch a grip coming on here and talking shite. The two lads are students and where likely out and about the Holylands but to start stupid rumours on here is sad. They are busting their balls 3 nights a week in Owen row park preparing for a county final.
And this about 'should' have beating us, the fact is in two championship games this season we performed poorly, had a player less for the majority of both games and yous stil couldn't beat us. A team with more will to win won each game and yous couldn't cope with the intensity and ferocity when it really mattered. I can tell you one thing we are delighted to be in the final but are certainly not cocky as we are aware of the mammoth task that beating an impressive bridge team will be.

DaisyCutter

Well said Mid Down Gael. It's very sad That upthetown2013 can't come on here and talk about the difficulties within their own club, without getting personal digs into individuals who play for a rival team. I'd like to wish both Mayobridge and Kilcoo good luck in the senior final.

SHEEDY

down are in a group with armagh cavan and queens for the 2013 dr mckenna cup
nil satis nisi optimum

thegael

Senior County Management Team as of Mid October is unknown.

Burren Senior Management Team is unknown.

Let's put things in context here when we are talking about our county team ,the names I'm hearing about the place wouldn't even be considered for Burren's Management Team.

If these names turn out to be true we are in aweful situation countywise .
I want posters on here to put the coaching and managerial c vs under scrutiny and see if we as a county are serious about success.
We need a serious back room team if we are to compete at the highest level and I'm very worried what we have in store for us leading our county if the grapevine proves correct.Let's all hope these names are rumours .

the gael takes no prisoners !!!!!

Down Mad

I see in The Irish News today that Tullylish are advertising for a new manager. Obviously no one from within the club taking the job. Will be interesting to see who gets the post.

charlieTully

Quote from: pauly2 on October 05, 2012, 11:32:43 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on October 05, 2012, 10:08:33 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on October 05, 2012, 10:06:30 PM
Good fun at the Bosco game I hear!
mass brawl at the end. couple of each team sent off.

An absolute disgrace.  If the Drumgath manager is not punished with a lifetime ban - the down county board need to walk away.  Of course he hit the young fella - as usual...

Report from the mourne observer re: Castlewellan v kilcoo quarter final

'This quarter final had it all, 14 yellow cards and three red cards, a row involving those on the sidelines and players'. I trust you will be calling for lifetime bans for all involved?? or are you a hypocritical **** as I expect?

bendyourback

Tullylish have a very young team coming through at present. Would be a great team for an up and coming coach to bring fresh ideas. Last weekend may have been a tough game for them, but with the right man they could be a team to watch out for in the new div 2 in 2013. They have plenty of good men in house who cud take the team but they seem to be in charge of making sure the influx of youth keeps coming.

Feedthebear

[/quote]mass brawl at the end. couple of each team sent off.
[/quote]

terrible and totally out of context with the game. 5 reds 1 Bosco, 2 Drumgath players and 2 Drumgath line as well i think. one from the line ran on and kicked a Bosco player, on the head, cowardly, hope he done for a long time.

congrats to Bosco by the way

Not the first time a drumgath supporter ran on to the pitch and kicked an opposing player in the head. The same thing happened to peter o'shea from ardglass a good few years back. Yet when one of their lads get a slap they are straight on to the psni and drag all kinds off shite through the courts. Hypocritical shower of w**kers.

Enjoy div 3 you tube, perhaps you will fulfil ur fixtures next year. Breaking a mans jaw leaving him off work and drinking through a straw for 2 months is not a "slap" and I think u will find that said player has previous for this kind of thing and was already known to the psni!!

Oh so this man who got his jaw broke.....was it ok for him to knock another mans teeth out in a playoff game a few years back and then laugh about what he had done and get away with it??? Somehow I think not.....As the saying goes 'What comes around goes around'  As for the Drumgath manager, I witnessed the whole episode from the stand and he had no need whatsoever to get involved....however not surprisingly he did and his behaviour was an absolute disgrace.  This from a man who is meant to be a leader and setting an example for his team!!! What sort of example does that set?? It was a disgrace and I hope the correct people are punished!!  Those type of scenes have no place in our game!!!

pauly2

Quote from: charlieTully on October 12, 2012, 02:11:13 PM
Quote from: pauly2 on October 05, 2012, 11:32:43 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on October 05, 2012, 10:08:33 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on October 05, 2012, 10:06:30 PM
mass brawl at the end. couple of each team sent off.

An absolute disgrace.  If the Drumgath manager is not punished with a lifetime ban - the down county board need to walk away.  Of course he hit the young fella - as usual...

Report from the mourne observer re: Castlewellan v kilcoo quarter final

'This quarter final had it all, 14 yellow cards and three red cards, a row involving those on the sidelines and players'. I trust you will be calling for lifetime bans for all involved?? or are you a hypocritical **** as I expect?

I never said anything about the players who got punished or will get punished for their part in the brawl.  when a manager crosses the line and strikes a player from an opposing team - he has to answer for it.  As a manager you have to set an example, you have to lead a team into battle prepared physically and mentally for the GAME to be played.  A manager taking the laws of the game into his own hands is a disgrace and deserves a lifetime ban. His daily job demands professionalism and discipline - his management popsition demands the same.  no hyprocrite here.

ardtole

I wasnt aware the lad from drumgath who got his jaw broke against ardglass was involved in an incident which another player lost his teeth. But minutes before he got hit, he split an ardglass man with his elbow and the blood was streaming down his face. He offered two other ardglass players the same treatment before (for him) he asked the wrong lad. I dont like to see anyone getting hurt at any football match but for this individual in particular sympathy would be in short supply.

outinfront

Just heard Bredagh U16s beat Shamrocks by a point in today's A Final. Great achievement!

Square Ball

Quote from: outinfront on October 13, 2012, 05:15:02 PM
Just heard Bredagh U16s beat Shamrocks by a point in today's A Final. Great achievement!
Was a fantastic achievement for this team especially given we were 2-3 to 0-0 down early on but fought back to trail 2-3 to 0-8 at ht. Shamrocks hit the post with a pen early on after the restart, and Bredagh scored one later on. nip and tuck for a while and we won 1-12 to 2-8. well done the management team and the boys :) :) 
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Mourne Rover

An outstanding achievement for Bredagh, as Shamrocks had hammered everyone in the league and championship so far. However, a final is always a one-off, and Bredagh have been knocking on the door at different underage levels over recent years and are probably overdue a title. Amazingly, their u16 hurlers - who have a huge overlap with the footballers - only lost the county A final by four points, a tiny margin in hurling, against Leitrim last month. An all-county A title in both codes in the same year would have been some going.

Gaa for life

Hi folks I have been following the forum for the past few years but this is my 1st post. I'm a castlewellan man and I'm a bit disappointed by the post saying that the 2kilcoo lads wer on the booze. Even if they were (which I strongly doubt) it doesn't need to be talked about on here. After watching the game between ourselves and kilcoo I strongly believe we missed an opportunity to make a championship final although it would have been a bit too much too win it. Ok we are not in the top 4 teams in the league but we had a great opportunity against kilcoo and ildiscipline cost us the game. We have a young side and if we can learn from this year I think we will improve again next year.
As much as it kills me to say it u can begrudge kilcoo another shot at the title. The work the have put into ther underage over the past 12 years are so has been unbelieveable. But I think the bridge and benny will be to strong for them. any up dates on county set up?