Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mourne Rover

In the space of a week, the Stone went from one of the best championship performances seen in Down for many years to one of the flattest. It's clear that the massive second half effort against Burren left them drained, and they were second best all over the field tonight.

Michael Ireland got almost all their scores and seems a viable county candidate, but the tactic of firing in high balls toward Ryan Kelly made little sense and they were a well beaten side long before the final quarter.

Mayobridge were impressive by any standards, with Benny getthing the better of Ambrose at midfield and also managing a couple of brilliant long-range points. They were well organised, had plenty of pace and seemed to have a decent bench. With Kilcoo looking as competitive as ever, we could be in for quite a final.

Down Mad

Has there been any further repercussions from the Drumgath v Bosco game. I wasn't there but heard plenty of chat about it at yesterday's games. It seems that there were disgraceful scenes. Hopefully those responsible will be severely punished by the County Board.

On yesterday's games, Warrenpoint were far too strong for Tullylish yesterday. A very well drilled outfit. I can't see there being an upset in the final but fair play to Bosco, they have nothing to loose. McGarry looked the pick of the forwards for Warrenpoint. Tullylish's Gareth Johnston was by far the stand out player for them. I really think he could offer something at county level.

The Bridge once again showed their class when it counted. A comprehensive win over Longstone. The Stone can take away good experience from this campaign and perhaps will be stronger next year. A mouthwatering final in prospect. Too close to call??

snoopdog

anyone know date time and Venue of junior Final

DaisyCutter

Has anyone got any notifications yet from the County Board about the Admission to the Intermediate and Senior Finals?

I got one through my twitter account and it stated that the Stand is now all ticketed at £12 per adult, £8 for Seniors/Students and £5 for ALL U16's...... Have the CB gone mad?

All ticketed?

I've four children (the youngest 11 months) and my wife. Do the CB really expect me to go to the terrace with a 11 month old child and expect me, the wife and kids to stand through 2 games that I was looking forward to go to until I got that message from CB!

It's a pity that as always, the CB try to bleed every penny out of ya on the biggest day in our club calendar.

But do these charges apply if you bought one of those £30 tickets that gained you entry into all club championship games? Does it get you a seat in the main stand?

downup

With Frank Dawsons appointment as Antrim manager this will leave a hard act to follow in Burren. Two championships in three years and sitting top of the league this year is an impressive record by any standards. Burren will feel that they should be in the final again this year but thats whats great about the knockout stages of championship, you have to perform every minute of the game. Who will take on the reins there now?????

downjim

Frank has done a great job and will be a hard man to follow but we have the best squad and best underage structures in place to dominate for years to come.sean ward would be my pick but their are rumours that the o rourke and o hare combination are interested which would not be a bad choice.

Down Mad

Newry 4pm on Sunday

downup

I would be surprised if Burren went for O'Rourke tbh, he hasn't exactly covered himself with managerial success in the last 10 years. Ward would def be an option tho I don't know if he is experienced enough to take on that role on his own. I agree Burren have a good squad but I dont think they are that far ahead of other teams in the county. I think Frank will be badly missed and it could be to Burrens detriment in the long run.

snoopdog

Quote from: Down Mad on October 09, 2012, 02:23:33 PM

Newry 4pm on Sunday
Cheers

downjim

Why is the county board making kilcoo and burren play on friday. Sure the leagues are sorted. We won't go hard on the magpies though. We dont want them injured for the following week lol

pauly2

Quote from: downup on October 09, 2012, 03:37:47 PM
I would be surprised if Burren went for O'Rourke tbh, he hasn't exactly covered himself with managerial success in the last 10 years. Ward would def be an option tho I don't know if he is experienced enough to take on that role on his own. I agree Burren have a good squad but I dont think they are that far ahead of other teams in the county. I think Frank will be badly missed and it could be to Burrens detriment in the long run.

Ward should get the nod for that role as it was him who masterminded those u21 teams in the last while.  He was working with our neighbours this year and they hold him in high regard - but his home is calling now and im sure he will answer.

bridge fan

Quote from: downjim on October 09, 2012, 01:29:25 PM
Frank has done a great job and will be a hard man to follow but we have the best squad and best underage structures in place to dominate for years to come.sean ward would be my pick but their are rumours that the o rourke and o hare combination are interested which would not be a bad choice.

Dominate for years to come  ;D ;D and this from the clown that had a score to settle with cross this year ha ha wouldn't listen to a word this clown has to say

charlieTully

Quote from: pauly2 on October 09, 2012, 05:54:10 PM

Ward should get the nod for that role as it was him who masterminded those u21 teams in the last while.  He was working with our neighbours this year and they hold him in high regard - but his home is calling now and im sure he will answer.

his home is calling now. did you ever hear such a pile of shite in your life, what the f**k do you care what happens in Burren anyway, do you ever post anything related to your own club you nosy bastard.

the derg

The Junior championship final Dundrum v Aghaderg is at Pairc Esler Newry this Sunday 14 th October at 4 o clock come on the Derg...........................

pauly2

Quote from: charlieTully on October 09, 2012, 09:07:53 PM

Quote from: pauly2 on October 09, 2012, 05:54:10 PM

his home is calling now. did you ever hear such a pile of shite in your life, what the f**k do you care what happens in Burren anyway, do you ever post anything related to your own club you nosy b**tard.

Shut your mouth ya f*****g p***k - it was a topic for discussion and i answered it.  Dont like the post then f*** off somewhere else to where someone gives a s** about your meaningless opinions.