Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

downjim

Whats your point gael . Are you a stone man ?? Typical mouth

Leo

Quote from: downjim on October 03, 2012, 05:48:34 PM
Whats your point gael . Are you a stone man ?? Typical mouth

I actually enjoyed that post and I dont know if he is a Stone man or not - but beneath the blether there is a wee bit of home truths...
Fierce tame altogether

snoopdog

Quote from: the derg on October 02, 2012, 03:07:18 PM
The Aghaderg management team consists of Noel Sexton (not the Mayobridge one ) and Aidan Hegarty the team has had a fresh batch of capable minors, seasoned campagners who are injury free and a few transfers (legal by the way) who have strengthened the team........ obviously there is the feel good factor after a run of wins and the team are looking forward to the final.

Hi derg, when and where is the final, i used to play underage for Aghaderg a long time ago moved away about 17 years ago would like to go and support them in the Final.
all the best, its great to see them doing well after losing so many good players to the neighbouring clubs.

CHB1

Anyone any opinions on players who are playing this weekend in the senior championship that may offer something to the county panel next year?  Is Timmy hanna from bryansford worth a mention?  Havent seen him this year but know he was around the county a few years back.  Cathal Magee from the Bridge?

lucan

i am not so sure that every potential new player for the county will be enthusiastic after the way wee james man handled danny hughes on the side line  .a manager should not grab a player around the throat. canyou imagine him doing that to paddy or ross carr.

alba2

Apparently an announcement is imminent on the new coach for the year ahead.. Think by early next week we will all be put out of our misery...

downjim

Quote from: CHB1 on October 04, 2012, 12:57:16 PM
Anyone any opinions on players who are playing this weekend in the senior championship that may offer something to the county panel next year?  Is Timmy hanna from bryansford worth a mention?  Havent seen him this year but know he was around the county a few years back.  Cathal Magee from the Bridge?
both the toner brothers and eamon mc govern. That lad o rourke from the bridge and ryan kelly looked good. Packy downey had a good season butadly no

SHEEDY

ulster championship draw for 2013 has been made. we have been drawn away to derry then winners play donegal or tyrone. couldnt have been much tougher.
nil satis nisi optimum

Pangurban

Bad draw at an early stage, though if we are ever going to progress we need to be competing with the best at any stage. James third year in charge, excellent first year, unfortunate second year due to defections and injuries, but it is now time to shit or get off the pot

dundrumite

Quote from: Pangurban on October 05, 2012, 04:34:09 PM
Bad draw at an early stage, though if we are ever going to progress we need to be competing with the best at any stage. James third year in charge, excellent first year, unfortunate second year due to defections and injuries, but it is now time to shit or get off the pot

It will be his fourth

NP 76

We had a handy run to the final last year and it only papered over the cracks we need to be competing against the best to raise our game from the start.Against the bigger teams we go in as underdogs which suits us better. Heard that Dawson is the new Antrim manager did anyone else hear ?

snoopdog

Down will need to seriously up their fitness they didnt come close to the 2 fittest teams in the country this year. Donegal and mayo were leaps ahead in fitness and conditioning. If they dont they wont do anything.

DownFanatic

IFC Semi Final
Bosco 1-11  Drumgath 0-11

SFC Semi Final
Kilcoo 1-11  Bryansford 0-13

McGrath didn't start with J.Ireland, P.Bonny, D.Savage or C.Clarke. All four had returned from their travels recently. They came on as subs. Might have been a different story if he had of started them.

5 Sams

Good fun at the Bosco game I hear!
The Aristocrat Years

SHEEDY

Quote from: 5 Sams on October 05, 2012, 10:06:30 PM
Good fun at the Bosco game I hear!
mass brawl at the end. couple of each team sent off.
nil satis nisi optimum