Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dundrumite

Quote from: marsbarkid on September 12, 2012, 12:31:50 AM
Any word of the dates + venues for the JFC semi finals yet?  I know it's supposed to be the wknd of 28th-30thSep. Maybe a double header on the Sunday in Newcastle like last year?

They are either the Friday evening or Saturday afternoon. Not sure if its a stand alone fixture or double header

DownFanatic

Quote from: marsbarkid on September 12, 2012, 12:31:50 AM
Any word of the dates + venues for the JFC semi finals yet?  I know it's supposed to be the wknd of 28th-30thSep. Maybe a double header on the Sunday in Newcastle like last year?

Both games confirmed for Saturday 29th. Times and venue TBC.

Lecale Gael

Drumaness v Dundrum final in the JFC

Both clubs have strong panels and if Aghaderg or Aughislafin (sic) have any of their main players missing they will be up against it.

Good to see the underdogs thrive though
2016 Prediction Competition 3rd place :)

wildrover

Minor Football Championship Semi Finals:

Burren v Castlewellan

Warrenpoint v Saval

To be played Fri 21st & Sat 22nd September

charlieTully

Quote from: Purple Lady on September 10, 2012, 10:36:17 PM
Quote from: guevara on September 10, 2012, 10:28:32 PM
IFC Draw

Warrenpoint v Tullylish

Bosco v Drumgath

In the Senior

Burren v Logstone

Kilcoo v Castlewellan

Rostrevor v Bryansford

Mayobridge v Saval

Not trying to start a conspiracy theory but what was the probability of that happening again. Especially after the last round of qualifiers threw up a considerable number of local derbies!!!!

Are these draws make infront of an independant adjudicator, bit like the lottery. I was just wondering.

burren are neighbours with mayobridge and rostrevor
mayobridge are neighbours with saval and burren
kilcoo are neighbours with castlewellan and bryansford.

would you not agree the probability of the draw throwing up a couple of derbies would be quite high?

GAA_Talk

Quote from: charlieTully on September 12, 2012, 11:45:12 PM
IFC Draw

Warrenpoint v Tullylish

Bosco v Drumgath

In the Senior

Burren v Logstone

Kilcoo v Castlewellan

Rostrevor v Bryansford

Mayobridge v Saval

Not trying to start a conspiracy theory but what was the probability of that happening again. Especially after the last round of qualifiers threw up a considerable number of local derbies!!!!

Are these draws make infront of an independant adjudicator, bit like the lottery. I was just wondering.

would you not agree the probability of the draw throwing up a couple of derbies would be quite high?

Spot on Charlie. Everyone in south down is neighbors with each other practically. Especially where senior c'ship is concerned.

whitegoodman

I take the point that there was always going to be a local derby or 2 but there should have been something in place that 2 teams couldnt meet each other 2 rounds in a row surely.  3 of the games are the same as the previous round!!

johnneycool

Senior hurling semi-final this saturday;

Matt Fitzpatricks preview will be as follows:

Neighbours Ballygalget and Portaferry to meet in the semi-final in Ballycran. Its expected to be a tight game with Portaferry relying on Paul Branniff and (insert another intercounty hurler in here, probably Andy Savage) to get the better of Ballygalget backboned (one of his favourite words) by Gabriel Clarke, Graham Clarke, playing in his 20th year of club championship and Gareth 'Magic' Johnston (he's been in Australia all year, but that won't stop Matt mentioning him) as well as Martin 'dingy Coulter (retired years ago) providing the scores.

This will be accompanied by a picture five or six years old with the wrong names in the caption.

I suppose we get all that we deserve!

DownFanatic

Quote from: johnneycool on September 13, 2012, 03:15:29 PM
Senior hurling semi-final this saturday;

Matt Fitzpatricks preview will be as follows:

Neighbours Ballygalget and Portaferry to meet in the semi-final in Ballycran. Its expected to be a tight game with Portaferry relying on Paul Branniff and (insert another intercounty hurler in here, probably Andy Savage) to get the better of Ballygalget backboned (one of his favourite words) by Gabriel Clarke, Graham Clarke, playing in his 20th year of club championship and Gareth 'Magic' Johnston (he's been in Australia all year, but that won't stop Matt mentioning him) as well as Martin 'dingy Coulter (retired years ago) providing the scores.

This will be accompanied by a picture five or six years old with the wrong names in the caption.

I suppose we get all that we deserve!

Matt has been a fantastic servant to the media for a long time now but in the past few years his previews and reports have become littered with error.

The Down Recorder continue to publish his error strewn work and it does nothing for the promotion of our local games. I have also seen erroneous Down Championship reports from Matt in the Irish News on occasion.

The Mourne Observer are miles ahead in terms of reporting and previews and the Down Recorder really is doing itself a disservice by continuing to produce Matt's work. Only a month or so ago he had Jimmy Coulter leading the Mayobridge attack!

Mid Down Gael

I don't want to get started on Matts previews and reviews. Irritating.

dundrumite

Purple Lady

Quote from: GAA_Talk on September 13, 2012, 11:54:57 AM
Quote from: charlieTully on September 12, 2012, 11:45:12 PM
IFC Draw

Warrenpoint v Tullylish

Bosco v Drumgath

In the Senior

Burren v Logstone

Kilcoo v Castlewellan

Rostrevor v Bryansford

Mayobridge v Saval

Spot on Charlie. Everyone in south down is neighbors with each other practically. Especially where senior c'ship is concerned.

You guys are completely missing my point. I was referring to the derby games pulled out of the hat in the last round of qualifiers if you would actually pay attention to my post.

The games were in case you forgot were

An Riocht v Longstone
Clonduff v Rostrevor
Saval v Ballyholland
Castlewellan v Downpatrick

You cant deny its a bit of a coincidence!!!

And then you have three ties pulled out that were already drawn in a previous round.

thewobbler

And you know what, in other years you get quarter finals with no interesting match-ups.

Conspiracies for everything.

alba2

The interview with destination Newry yesterday didn reveal anything really about whether James is staying on or not... Wonder did he interview Poacher for the job of trainer after the cameras stopped rolling.... Names being touted as selectors include: Gary Mason, Gregory Mc Cartan and Liam Hardy... If we just had an inkling as to whether he is staying or not it would help.....

umpire

Congatulation to Burren for winning Div 1 and the same for Rostrevor in Div 2
Maybe there still a playoff in Div one, not sure.