Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

Quote from: dundrumite on September 07, 2012, 11:03:59 PM
If there was a goal of the championship it had to be tonight in Newcastle. Ryan Kelly roasted three players before unleashing a rocket to the top corner. He was superb all night and on this display I would watch this space county wise. Game died a death after this goal and the gulf in leagues beca :)me evident.

Bredagh must be wondering how they went from a position leading at half time by 6 points to come out on the wrong side of the minimum,

just couldnt close it out. our main aim was to get out of div4 and we done achieved  that. last night was an indication of what we will be facing every game.... cant wait
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

DownFanatic

Down SFC Qualifier

Castlewellan 3-14  Downpatrick 1-08

MK

MK

fingerbob

Quote from: MK on September 08, 2012, 09:55:55 PM
Quote from: fingerbob on September 08, 2012, 09:35:21 PM
Quote from: MK on September 08, 2012, 08:27:13 PM
http://www.rte.ie/aertel/images/203-01.gif

looks like o rourke is going to the Farney

yeah... Malachy O'Rourke..

good lad bob.....did you work that out  on your own...  :o

Maybe due to the fact that Aidan O'Rourke was tipped to be "hot favourite" a page back on this thread, I don't think a bit of clarification would have went a miss. In saying that and taking into account that a fermanagh man taking the monaghan job has little relevance to Down, I think you just got a bit mixed up yourself. Good lad.

Square Ball

Aghaderg beat Mitchels by 2 in the JFC
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

DownFanatic

Drumaness, Aghaderg, Dundrum and Aughlisnafin all through to the JFC Semi Finals.

knockitdown

Any match report from tullylish v dara?

DownFanatic

Lecale2

When We Win

Tullylish Darragh Cross match was dreadful. One team was bad, the other was shocking. Someone should have told both teams they were playing for a IFC semi final spot.

Down Mad

I was at the Darragh Cross v Tullylish match and it wasn't a great game. Both teams were very tentative in the first half which meant the quality was very poor. It seemed Darragh Cross were always trying to slow the game down by continuous fouling in the first half especially, perhaps that was the fact that they were playing against a strong breeze and were trying to keep the score down. Which they did, there was only 1 point in it at half time.

Tullyish were undoubtedly the better in team in the second half. They started to run the ball a bit better, and eventually came out on top by four points.

On in all a poor game not helped by a poor referee. Tullylish will have to do better if they wish to progress any further.

DownFanatic

Down JFC Semi Final Draw

Aghaderg v Drumaness
Aughlisnafin v Dundrum

Ties to be played weekend of 28/29/30 September.

thewobbler

Do Fin have any chance of winning the JFC?

It would be such a heartening story for young clubs/struggling clubs if they could pull it off.