Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

here comes 6

That would be very hard for our County board to work out. Remember last years shambles?

Lecale2

umpire

Mayobridge 1.14 Ballyholland 0.10
Downpatrick 1.6 Burren 0.8

alba2

Quote from: umpire on August 23, 2012, 09:29:17 PM

What happened to the mighty Burren tonight?? Went to bridge game - dirty night for football.  Can they not start the games at 6.45 at this stage - the evenings are really closing in....

DownFanatic

Quote from: alba2 on August 23, 2012, 09:59:11 PM

What happened to the mighty Burren tonight?? Went to bridge game - dirty night for football.  Can they not start the games at 6.45 at this stage - the evenings are really closing in....

It was closer to a Burren second string that they had out tonight. No Gerard McCartan, Dan McCartan, Donal O'Hare, Eoin McCartan, Declan Rooney or Anton McArdle to name but a few.

For me, Peter Turley was the man of the match at midfield.

alba2

Quote from: DownFanatic on August 23, 2012, 10:17:16 PM

It was closer to a Burren second string that they had out tonight. No Gerard McCartan, Dan McCartan, Donal O'Hare, Eoin McCartan, Declan Rooney or Anton McArdle to name but a few.

That makes a little more sense then about burren... Those guys would get in all club teams in division 1.....  Is Peter Turley worth a slot on the county team in youir opinion??

DownFanatic

Quote from: alba2 on August 23, 2012, 10:48:02 PM
Quote from: DownFanatic on August 23, 2012, 10:17:16 PM

That makes a little more sense then about burren... Those guys would get in all club teams in division 1.....  Is Peter Turley worth a slot on the county team in youir opinion??

In terms of sheer physical strength and ball winning ability he would be up there with the best we have got. Maybe slight questions over his mobility but he far outshone Kevin McKernan who had a poor game tonight.

Biggar

Just back from the downpatrick v burren game and in fact downpatrick won by two points on a scoreline of 1-07 to 8 points. Was very dissapointed with burren tonight who started ok but badly faded and when the going got tough they had nobody to step up for them and take leadership. Saying it was more like a burren second string I don't know about that I don't think Eamon Toner Kevin McKernan or Sean Murdock to name a few play for burren 2nds. From what I heard downpatrick were missing 5 players tonight themselves. Hungrier team won on the night and agreed Peter Turley was man of the match burren couldn't cope with his physical strength or couldn't find a way through downpatricks defence only scoring 2 points from play

5 Sams

Scoreline mightnt reflect it but our lads put in a good shift aginst the bridge tonight. We struggled in the 1st half to put the ball over the bar and big Magee missed nothing at full forward. 2nd half we broke even with the bridge at midfield and picked off a few good scores. A scrappy goal for the blues won it for them and they were comfortable after that. Our lads are concentrating on Saval and this was good preparation...we should have a few more lads back from injury and USA by then.
The Aristocrat Years

DownFanatic

IFC Quarter Final Draw
Drumgath v Annaclone
Bredagh v Bosco
Warrenpoint v Ballymartin
Darragh Cross v Tullylish

Bosco beat Banbridge by a point tonight in Mayobridge. Bosco looked to be the better team on the balance of it and won out on a 0-15 to 2-08 scoreline. Banbridge got two well taken goals in the 2nd half.

Square Ball

Quote from: DownFanatic on August 24, 2012, 09:45:27 PM
IFC Quarter Final Draw
Drumgath v Annaclone
Bredagh v Bosco
Warrenpoint v Ballymartin
Darragh Cross v Tullylish

Bosco beat Banbridge by a point tonight in Mayobridge. Bosco looked to be the better team on the balance of it and won out on a 0-15 to 2-08 scoreline. Banbridge got two well taken goals in the 2nd half.

agree, but Bosco nearly threw it away when a straight red was given, i diddnt see what for, but held on well for a deserved win.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Don Johnson

What dates will these IFC games be played? Presumably 7/8/9 September?

5 Sams

Quote from: Don Johnson on August 25, 2012, 10:20:40 AM
What dates will these IFC games be played? Presumably 7/8/9 September?
The venues and times for these and the last Round of the SFC Qualifiers are as follows.

Pairc Esler Friday September 7th

IFC Q-Final   Drumgath v Annaclone (7pm)

SFC Qualifier Rostrevor v  Clonduff  (8.30pm)

St Patricks Park Friday September 7th

IFC  Q-Final  Bredagh v Bosco  (7pm)

SFC Qualifier  Longstone v  An Riocht (8.30pm)

Kilcoo Saturday September 8th

SFC Qualifier  Downpatrick v Castlewellan  (4pm)

Downpatrick Sunday September 9th

IFC Q-Final   Darragh Cross v  Tulylish  (6.30pm)

Pairc Esler Monday September 10th

IFC Q-Final  Warrenpoint v  Ballymartin (7pm)

SFC Qualifier   Saval v Ballyholland (8.30pm)
The Aristocrat Years

Dubh driocht

Fair play to Donegal who I hope go on to win the final. In the debate about our standing, is it right that we are the only team to have beaten the three teams left in the competition this year ? James will make his own mind up as to whether he wants to put in a huge shift for the fourth year but he has given us three great years and the decision should be his alone.

lucan

DUBH DRIOCHT? YOU PAINT A LOVELY LITTLE PICTURE OF JAMES.in the last  year we have been thrashed by two of those teams you were refering to .i cant remember such humiliating scores for some time.