Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

passedit

QuoteR15 L   Bright 2.13 Bosco 1.8

QuoteR15 L   Bright 2.03 Bosco 1.8

Good man Onion can you answer my query about the EDRL?
Don't Panic

In the Onion Bag

Cheers passedit,
So bloodly obvious now. Thanks, thats been annoying me for weeks now.

Sorry I cannot give a definite answer to your question but my understanding is it doesn't matter who tops Div 3 as all top 4 must play off.

johnneycool

ACHL Div1

Ballygalget 4 20
Ballela       1 04

Ballygalget fielded what will be more or less their intermediate team tonight barring two, G Flynn and the dog. With Dingy and Chrissy Braniff ready made replacements for both it'll not weaken the team a whole pile.

Finally we've got backs in backs positions and forwards in forwards positions.

Bacon

ACHL Div 1
Castlewellan 3-9 1-6 Clonduff. After a poor league campaign the Town have gotten over their injuries and are in good form coming into the championship where Bredagh are waiting for them. I heard that Bredagh were beaten by Ardoyne in the Antrim league on Sunday night. That must be a surprise.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

johnneycool

Quote from: Bacon on July 04, 2007, 08:22:33 AM
ACHL Div 1
Castlewellan 3-9 1-6 Clonduff. After a poor league campaign the Town have gotten over their injuries and are in good form coming into the championship where Bredagh are waiting for them. I heard that Bredagh were beaten by Ardoyne in the Antrim league on Sunday night. That must be a surprise.

I hear John Murphy is looking at a start in midfield for Down on saturday against Kerry. What's he like?

Whitehair

He's good from a dead ball, would hit all hilltowns frees and but has done very little from play anytime we'v played them. He may have sharpened up since his time on the senior panel but in truth, if all players in down were available for county selection i doubt he'd get on the panel. Here's hopin he doesnt prove me wrong in the junior champ.

Lecale2

Quote from: johnneycool on July 04, 2007, 08:36:20 AM
Quote from: Bacon on July 04, 2007, 08:22:33 AM
ACHL Div 1

I hear John Murphy is looking at a start in midfield for Down on saturday against Kerry. What's he like?

JC - He's a good player who stands out in the Down league & for the juniors but I've never seen him play senior. He scored something like 3-10 for Clonduff in the championship Q/F last year but that was against Warrenpoint!

Bacon - It's right what you heard - Bredagh aren't going too well at the minute. Castlewellan will be big favorites for the championship.

Whitehair

Aye good man lecale, talk yourselves down! You's have the junior champ won already  ;)

johnneycool

Bacon - It's right what you heard - Bredagh aren't going too well at the minute. Castlewellan will be big favorites for the championship.

I thought that it was your seconds team that playes in Antrim??

Is big Ally McAllister playing with you now?

Lecale2

You're right on both counts Johnnycool. Ali can still hurl a bit!
Did you get a run out last night yourself? If Martin Coulter is fit (I was told a couple of weeks ago he needed his other knee cleaned out) and plays in the IHC he can still play Senior later in the year. Isn't that right?

boscomo

yes we beat bright in bright and may i say they have a great set up , thier pitch is like a runway, too feckn long,
if in doubt eat it

passedit

Just looked at the Down website, the competition rules state 3 team playoffs for promotion and relegation in Div Three. This doesn't seem to have been updated since 2003 however.
Don't Panic

johnneycool

Quote from: Lecale2 on July 04, 2007, 10:07:41 AM
Did you get a run out last night yourself?

I did indeed

[/quote] If Martin Coulter is fit (I was told a couple of weeks ago he needed his other knee cleaned out) and plays in the IHC he can still play Senior later in the year. Isn't that right?
[/quote]

He can play junior as well providing he doesn't feature for either the intermediates or seniors before the junior game but once he goes up a level he can't play for a team below that grade.

Our Nail Loney

What about fionnbharr murphy getting a run out for the hurlers?? I knwo he's got a bad hand at the minute but when he's healed?

johnneycool

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on July 04, 2007, 10:55:22 AM
What about fionnbharr murphy getting a run out for the hurlers?? I knwo he's got a bad hand at the minute but when he's healed?

It better heal quick as their season could be over on saturday!