Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

Aughlisnafin v Bredagh off as well
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

John o connor

Lot of games lost to this bloody rain . Ballykindler to visit st michaels tonight with that young enigma Stevie mc Straw making yet another comeback for the ducks ( our very own Seamie Quigley ) . If he gets early ball expect him to shine , Magheralin by 5/6 & mc straw to stand out on return

DownFanatic

Dundrum bate the Mitchels in Derryleckagh the night in Division 4.

dundrumite

Quote from: DownFanatic on June 22, 2012, 09:01:21 PM
Dundrum bate the Mitchels in Derryleckagh the night in Division 4.

How you manage to post that? We won by 7.

Does any posters ( div 4 clubs as imagaine other divisions don't really give  a fiddlers) know what way division 4 is fixed this year? Is it top two up? Or is it first up and second and third playing off to see who joins first in divison 2 and a county final?

5 Sams

Harps beat the league leaders by 6 tonight...should have been a lot more...how are they up there at the top of the table....they were brutal.
The Aristocrat Years

Mid Down Gael

Their stay at the top was short lived, 5 days in total, and where joint top with Burren and ourselves. They beat a Kilcoo team minus 10 regulars and 4 other squad men as they wouldn't move the fixture for us to accommodate one of our main players stag weekend. They would do anything to beat Kilcoo, even though it was affectively a mixture of seconds/thirds players they defeated. Nice to see parity restored last night with a comprehensive beating for them by the harps while Kilcoo SENIORS also got back to winning ways and returned to top spot.

Square Ball

my understanfing is that its top 2 up to the new div 2, no play offs

dundrumite

Quote from: Square Ball on June 23, 2012, 01:59:21 PM

That was my belief as well, though it wasn't the case last year. Hope this is true. Big fixture on Monday night in division SB

Square Ball

Quote from: dundrumite on June 23, 2012, 05:53:58 PM
Quote from: Square Ball on June 23, 2012, 01:59:21 PM

That was my belief as well, though it wasn't the case last year. Hope this is true. Big fixture on Monday night in division SB

it is indeed, if we win then I think it should be us and yous thats go up as they will have lost 3, lose and your up and us and Mitchels to fight it out

Line Ball

I hear Benny played 20 mins for the Bridge last night and is raring to be unleashed against Monaghan tomorrow.  All I can say is 'Bring Him On.'

amallon

Quote from: Line Ball on June 23, 2012, 08:53:50 PM
I hear Benny played 20 mins for the Bridge last night and is raring to be unleashed against Monaghan tomorrow.  All I can say is 'Bring Him On.'

Not true I'm afraid.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

wildrover

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on June 23, 2012, 11:12:57 AM
Their stay at the top was short lived, 5 days in total, and where joint top with Burren and ourselves. They beat a Kilcoo team minus 10 regulars and 4 other squad men as they wouldn't move the fixture for us to accommodate one of our main players stag weekend. They would do anything to beat Kilcoo, even though it was affectively a mixture of seconds/thirds players they defeated. Nice to see parity restored last night with a comprehensive beating for them by the harps while Kilcoo SENIORS also got back to winning ways and returned to top spot.

Not to dampen your anti-castlewellan propoganda, which is blatantly obvious when taking a quick glimpse through your post history Mid-Down-Gael, but a bit more notice might have seen kilcoo's postponement application sucessful (the first notice we were given was saturday before the game)...We were going to be missing between 3-4 lads had we moved the match to Thursday or Saturday and Wednesday was too soon after our bruising championship game v loughanisland (when 3 boys were taken off with impact injuries)...We were well entitled to go ahead with the game as per schedule. We have no problem accomodating teams with regards re-arranging games (Mayobridge were going to be unable to field at the start of the season because of a wedding so we changed it to suit) providing it is not going to adversely affect us.

With regards the exagerated number of missing players...your starting team featured Steven Kane, Aiden Brannigan, Darragh O Hanlon, Donal Kane, Jerome Johnson, James McClean, Paul Devlin, Martin Devlin, Sean Devlin, Paddy Devlin, cillian laverty, alphonsus mcevoy who have all regularly been playing senior football for kilcoo for this past number of years. Im sure those fella's would take kindly to you calling them 'affectively a mixture of seconds and thirds'...Of your starting team that leaves Nathyn Smyth, Conor McCusker and Darryl Brannigan....Perhaps it is these guys you are alluding to as 'Seconds and thirds players'?! Granted you were missing conor laverty, niall & gerard mcevoy, phelim mcgreevy but you must not realise that you are only allowed to have 15 players on the pitch at any one time judging by your almost weekly match reports beginning with 'A weakened kilcoo side...' For the record too we were missing fintan mcgreevy, kevin duffin, daniel morgan and a few others but then again...who really cares?...

On another note...Good luck to both Down teams today...would be a great achievement if we had double representation on ulster final day...

hectorsheroes

Brilliant absolutely brilliant 2nd hald yes it didnt work first half but you gotta say pride was massive there - superb second half - alright they missed a few early 2nd half but when pressure was on O'Hare, Carr and Doyle hit the target - remmarkable and deeeeelighted - well done boys

Pangurban

Today we won a game,but we lost our credibility as a serious football team capable of challenging for major honours. Monaghan exposed our ineptitudes in a ruthless manner. To talk of problems in defence would be silly, when quite simply we do not have a defence. The lack of basic skills, pace, and any semblance of tactical awareness rendered them redundant, indeed i have witnessed better defenders at U16 level.  That we are in an ulster Final is due too the individual brilliance of Conor Laverty over the two games to date. There is insufficient time available to address our serious shortcomings, so i very much fear we are in for a tanking from either Donegal or Tyrone. I would dearly love to know what exactly they do at Down traing sessions, as there is little evidence of any work

Dubh driocht

Don't agree with your analysis Pangurban - we do have a defence and there is clear evidence of a plan but we were torn to shreds in the first half. Management is all about making decisions and the analysis of problems to find solutions ; James and the team excelled in this regard yesterday.
I agree with your take on Laverty.
I'm posting this on the Down thread because it's more about Down than the actual game yesterday. I think we should recognise that Ambrose, Kevin and Aidan are men in their own right and it's wrong to make comparisons with their All Ireland winning fathers. In 2010 Ambrose and Kevin made their names for themselves and yesterday Aidan did the same. To have the balls to take the penalty and the equalising free ( after debate with Ambrose) showed that the man has nerves of steel. Then to crown it off he hits a 70 yard pass into the box which led to O'Hagan's winning point ; this was the same distance that Ross covered with his free ( ;))on 30th June 1991 (into the same goals!!) to equalise against Derry in the USFC SF. You couldn't make it up .