Bredagh 2.18 Dundrum 2.9
Drumgath 0.11 Glenn 0.10
Mitchels 0.18 St. Pauls 1.13

Div Four
Drumaness 1.22 St. Michaels 1.8
St. Johns 1.14 Ballykinlar 0.6

Bogball XV

Quote from: Dubh driocht on June 30, 2007, 01:53:14 PM
Can anyone say if 2-13 is a record for Down football ?I would reckon it is for a 42 year old !
Nah, Gormley is only 41!!

DownFanatic

Down ACFL Division 1

Burren 1-07  Bryansford 0-13

Went to the game. Bryansford ran away with it in the 2nd half. Sean Ward played well at midfield for Burren while Kevin McKernan was excellent at centre half back. Bryansford's best performers were Conor Gribben, Ciaran Brannigan and Gareth Toner.

charlie stubbs

is kevin mcgovern getting a run for burren seniors at minute?

In the Onion Bag

EDRL Results Sun 1 Jul

Bryansford 0.12 Bredagh 0.6
St Pauls 2.13 St Johns 0.12

Anyone know how Castlewellan and Leitriom went?

johnneycool

I hear Liatroim camog's got beaten by Clonduff in the championship for the first time in something like 16 years, is there any truth in that?

cloneman

Quote from: johnneycool on July 02, 2007, 08:06:00 AM
I hear Liatroim camog's got beaten by Clonduff in the championship for the first time in something like 16 years, is there any truth in that?

Yeah I heard that too but don't know the score or any details.

goldenyears

i think the test of div 3 is to see how the recently promoted clubs are doing......and also to see how the relegated div2 clubs from last year are doing. all in all, i think its fair to say we have 5 teams at top of div2, and the rest would be top two teams in div3 if they got relegated. i really dont think the improvement in div3 football will have any impact at all on the county team

turkey+ham

I agree with goldenyears. Having been relegated from DivII last year, I have to say that the standard of football in DivIII is nowhere near standard of DivII. Added to this the extremely poor standard of refs and some of the football I have witnessed this year is shocking. Poor handling, losing possession every other pass, 20+ wides per game,....... The fact it is so close is more due to the fact that no team seems to be able to keep a run going due to losing players to injury, work or 'other' commitments that they feel are more important than football. Saul, Tullylish & Drumgath have sampled life in senior football recently and look to be the best teams in this division, with Bredagh and Dundrum improving steadily. Surely the recommendations that were put forward earlier in the year should be looked at again, as this year's leagues indicate they would be more appropriate.
I feel that the playoffs will be between T'lish, D'gath and Saul. Dundrum can have a big say in this, but Bredagh & teconnaught, are just too far off the pace. As for those gypsies from *****ass, don't get me started!!

passedit

Quotedded to this the extremely poor standard of refs and some of the football I have witnessed this year is shocking. Poor handling, losing possession every other pass, 20+ wides per game,....... The fact it is so close is more due to the fact that no team seems to be able to keep a run going due to losing players to injury, work or 'other' commitments that they feel are more important than football.

Spot on T&H, shocking standard with the ref's abilities mirroring that of the players, it's only close because none of the teams are much cop. As for the playoffs, Tullylish are the only certainty imo while who joins them will depend on such vagaries as holidays and the start of the local soccer season, which says it all imo.
Don't Panic

Fíor Gael

Any reports on the an ríocht v longstone match, heard there was a number of bust ups and the an ríocht full forward got his jaw broke in two places? Can anyone confirm this or is it just a gross exaggeration?

goldenyears

martin clarke hit 3 goals for collingwood at weekend

5 Sams

DOWN GAA FIXTURES

Tuesday 3rd July 7.30pm

Democrat Media Hurling Leagues

Div One

Kilclief v Portaferry

Ballycran v Shamrocks

Ballygalget v Ballela

Div Two

Ballycran v Warrenpoint

Portaferry v Ballyvarley

Castlewellan v Clonduff

Bredagh v Balygalget

Thursday 5th July 7.30pm

O'Neills International Sportswear League

Div One

An Riocht v Rostrevor

Castlewellan v Clonduff

Bryansford v Longstone

Loughinisland v Kilcoo

Mayobridge v Burren

Liatroim v Atticall

Div Two

Carryduff v Shamrocks

Ballyholland v Warrenpoint

Downpatrick v Clann Na Banna

Glasdrumman v Darragh Cross

Kilclief v Annaclone

Ballymartin v Saval

Div Three

Ardglass v Drumgath

Dundrum v Mitchels

Teconnaught v Tullylish

St. Pauls v Saul

Glenn v Bosco

Bright v Bredagh

Div Four

Ballykinlar v Aghaderg

Dromara v St. Johns

St. Michaels v Aughlisnafin

The Aristocrat Years

redandblack4ever

Yes, it's true  Clonduff beat Liatriom yesterday afternoon. From the Clonduff website:

"Clonduff Senior Camogs created their own little bit of history on Sunday afternoon when they defeated long-time champions, Liatroim in the Semi Final in Clonduff Park on Sunday afternoon! Liatroim were going for their 17th title and 13-in-a-row but Clonduff, who have had the talent for a number of years got it all together on Sunday. Right from the off Clonduff won a 45 and from Fionnuala Carr's conversion they never looked other than they were going to win. The half time score was Clonduff 1-8 Liatroim 0-6. On the restart, Sara Louise Carr drove in the ball but the Liatroim keeper found it too hot to handle and dropped it over the line. Liatroim won a penalty but it was well saved with Guinevra McGilligan, Fionnuala Carr and Moya Maginn taking on the responsibility of keeping it out and this they did with great assurance. Liatroim did score a goal towards the end of the game but the it was too little too late. Ten of Liatroim's scores came from the stick of Mairín McAleenan either from frees or 45s. The final score was Clonduff 2-12 Liatroim 1-11.
This was a magnificent team performance and every single player put heart and soul into the game and it is perhaps unfair to single out any player, but the three, mentioned earlier at the penalty save performed at that level throughout the game. However, Moya Maginn's mopping up and clearances just about shaded it. Well Done Girls! and go for it in the final to be played on 22 July!"

Well done, ladies.  Up the Yellas!!!!

mrs. redandblack4ever
"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."Edward R. Murrow,American Jounalist,1908-1965

Square Ball

Div 3 Result

Bredagh 1-16 Glenn 0-8
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid