Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mourne Rover

It's worth mentioning that Club Down members voted to give Dee Rafferty the Spirit of Breen Morgan award in 2010, meaning that in an AI final year he was the player who best exemplified what it meant to wear our jersey. If he and McComiskey had been left on the field at Croke Park, we might even have lifted Sam that year. Dee was as game as they come, attacked every ball and used possession exceptionally well. He will be badly missed.

southdown

Any idea when the Stone v Ballyholland game will be replayed.  Sean Rooney sadly passed away yesterday, will be sorely missed around the 'stone.

TheClutch

I'd just like to point out that the result submitted to the Down website for Dundrum Vs St Pauls is incorrect. The match was not played as the referee deemed the pitch unplayable.
2017 Championship Prediction League Winner 8)

general

HT SCORE

Shamrocks 0.02 MAYOBRIDGE 4.08

Some game  :-X

general

Shamrocks 0.09 mayobridge 5.16

thewobbler

After that result, can anyone in this county really still advocate a division 1 of 16 teams?

general

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: thewobbler on June 09, 2012, 04:34:41 PM
After that result, can anyone in this county really still advocate a division 1 of 16 teams?

It is absolute madness. I think this should be reviewed, disaster waiting to happen. Football is hard enough to watch at present. Burren v Kilclief will be another cricket score winning margin later.

Line Ball

Quote from: general on June 09, 2012, 04:37:43 PM
Saval 0.05 liatroim 0.04

Is this the final result?

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on June 09, 2012, 05:47:19 PM

It is absolute madness. I think this should be reviewed, disaster waiting to happen. Football is hard enough to watch at present. Burren v Kilclief will be another cricket score winning margin later.

For the life of me I cannot understand how the clubs voted for these proposals.  We will see many mis-matches next year in the league similar to some of the championship results we have seen today and will see again in the championship.  The county board will seriously have to take another look at this if these results continue.

How can this be good for club football in Down?  What was wrong with the old set up anyway.?

John Martin

5 Sams

Burren result would back that up...massive gulf between Div 1 & 2 and SFC and IFC.
The Aristocrat Years

No1

Can't argue with that 5 Sams. We were completely out of our depth and were handed a lesson by a  top class football team. In our defence I will say that we more than earned our shot at the SFC after winning the IFC last season. Very proud of our lads tonight though, they never gave up and worked right to the final whistle.

Line Ball

Burren 7-15 V 1-9 Kilclief

Get used to results like this!  And you can't blame the likes of Kilclief or Shamrocks for it.

here comes 6

Back to old system a MUST after today

DownFanatic

Lads, when this was put to the vote at a county board meeting, only 7 or so clubs voted against League re-structuring, my club included. At the end of the day county board delegates on behalf of their clubs voted unanimously for these proposals to go through. We are stuck with them for the forseeable.