Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaisyCutter

I didn't get a good enough look at the penalty incident due to the sunshine but the throw ball incident was strange to say the least. What I found with the Ref was that when he gave a handy enough free to the magpies, he tried his best to even it up on the next phase of play for the yellas. Weird.

Line Ball

Could someone tell me when we changed our county colours?  I've been watching a few interviews on the Destination Newry website from the open night a few weeks back and all I see are Down players wearing green and black  :o what is that all about?  As far as I know, our colours are red and black and there ain't no green anywhere in the scheme of things.  I believe the Minors have an even worse colour of training gear and it's not predominantly red either.

This must be another 'Down Way' of doing things.  Never show your true colours  ???

Mid Down Gael

Div 1 result Saval 1-13 Longstone 1-9

DownFanatic

Dundrum won the Down Junior Feis 7's today in Castlewellan. Beat Saul 2-09 to 0-09 in the Final. Had already beat the champions of the past two years St John's in the Semi Final. Entry now to the All Ireland Junior in St Judes during All Ireland weekend.

Castlewellan beat An Riocht in the Senior Final while Rostrevor beat Loughinisland by a point in the Minor Final which had two periods of extra time.

DaisyCutter

general

John Martin

Glenn beat Ardglass tonight in division 3.

general

has anyone had Patrick McDaid Refereeing any matches recently? i have NEVER seen a referee disliking a team so much as he did Glenn last night. Glenn won last night, it was however against 16 players, the ref being the 16th, absolutley unbelievable what i was seeing last night, everything went for Ardglass...

The Real Gael

Quote from: Line Ball on May 26, 2012, 09:32:03 PM
Could someone tell me when we changed our county colours?  I've been watching a few interviews on the Destination Newry website from the open night a few weeks back and all I see are Down players wearing green and black  :o what is that all about?  As far as I know, our colours are red and black and there ain't no green anywhere in the scheme of things.  I believe the Minors have an even worse colour of training gear and it's not predominantly red either.

This must be another 'Down Way' of doing things.  Never show your true colours  ???

Cheapest available  8)

snoopdog

I Believe Aiden Burns of Castlewellan has been called up to the Down squad for the Championship.  A bit of height on the edge of the Square???
Can anyone confirm this??

DaisyCutter

Yes this has been confirmed. He scored 6 points in full forward in an in house training game at the weekend. Not sure who was marking him though? I think he was around the panel when Ross and DJ were the gaffers.

NP 76

Burns was involved in Ross time and did well in the early stages but that was it faded out of the picture . A good accurate left footed free taker if memory serves me right. We might be better served with a small nippy full forward like Laverty as it will take an awful good player to beat Barry Owens in the air he is a top full back and would be fit for most big men

Classof87

I'M A FREAQUENT VISITOR TO THIS PAGE WHO HAS NEVER POSTED ON THE SITE BUT JUST SO HAPPENS  I WAS UP AT THE FEIS IN CASTLEWELLEN ON SUNDAY PAST. I WAS TALKING TO A OLD FRIEND WHO WAS TELLING ME THAT AIDEN BURNS TRAINED WITH THE COUNTY TEAM ON THURSDAY NIGHT, APPARENTLY HE MADE QUITE AN IMPRESSION KICKING 5 POINTS AND GAVE BENNY MACARDLE A ROASTING. HE WAS TELLING ME THAT AIDAN HIMSELF TOLD HIM THAT HE HAD NOT HEARD FROM THE COUNTY MANAGEMENT SINCE REGUARDING COMING IN TO THE PANEL. SO AS OFF SUNDAY AFTERNOON IVE BEEN TOLD  HE WASNT ON THE PANEL. I THINK HE PLAYED FOR THE TOWN ON FRIDAY NIGHT IN THE LEAGUE, BUT HE WASNT ON THE CASTLEWELLEN 7S TEAM, I GO TO KILMACUD 7S EVERY YEAR AND BURNS IS ALWAYS ON THE 7S PANEL, HE IS A VERY GOOD 7S FOOTBALLER, ONLY REASON I CAN THINK OFF WHY HE DIDNT PLAY 7S IS INJURY OR UNAVAILABILITY DUE TO THE COUNTY TEAM

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF HE TRAINED WITH HIM TONIGHT?

I WOULD THINK HE WOULD BE A GOOD ADDITION COULD PROVIDE THE MANAGEMENT DIFFERENT OPTIONS UP FRONT WITH COULTER MISSING

knockitdown

Quote from: Classof87 on May 30, 2012, 12:09:57 AM
I'M A FREAQUENT VISITOR TO THIS PAGE WHO HAS NEVER POSTED ON THE SITE BUT JUST SO HAPPENS  I WAS UP AT THE FEIS IN CASTLEWELLEN ON SUNDAY PAST. I WAS TALKING TO A OLD FRIEND WHO WAS TELLING ME THAT AIDEN BURNS TRAINED WITH THE COUNTY TEAM ON THURSDAY NIGHT, APPARENTLY HE MADE QUITE AN IMPRESSION KICKING 5 POINTS AND GAVE BENNY MACARDLE A ROASTING. HE WAS TELLING ME THAT AIDAN HIMSELF TOLD HIM THAT HE HAD NOT HEARD FROM THE COUNTY MANAGEMENT SINCE REGUARDING COMING IN TO THE PANEL. SO AS OFF SUNDAY AFTERNOON IVE BEEN TOLD  HE WASNT ON THE PANEL. I THINK HE PLAYED FOR THE TOWN ON FRIDAY NIGHT IN THE LEAGUE, BUT HE WASNT ON THE CASTLEWELLEN 7S TEAM, I GO TO KILMACUD 7S EVERY YEAR AND BURNS IS ALWAYS ON THE 7S PANEL, HE IS A VERY GOOD 7S FOOTBALLER, ONLY REASON I CAN THINK OFF WHY HE DIDNT PLAY 7S IS INJURY OR UNAVAILABILITY DUE TO THE COUNTY TEAM

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF HE TRAINED WITH HIM TONIGHT?

I WOULD THINK HE WOULD BE A GOOD ADDITION COULD PROVIDE THE MANAGEMENT DIFFERENT OPTIONS UP FRONT WITH COULTER MISSING

alright Aiden  ;D

EagleLord