Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mourne man

Quote from: Square Ball on May 09, 2012, 09:27:14 PM
Bredagh beat Ballykinler tonight. Ciaran Mooney was refing it, he has been mentioned on here previously and this was the first time I have seen him. impressed with the way he handles the game, talks to the players as adults and directly to them and not with his head down looking at the ground, lets the players know why he has blown up. a very assured display indeed and praise were praise is due
sure it would be easy to referee a bredagh match you city lads couldnt knock snow off a rope never mind give a hard tackle

Green+Gold

Anyone have any idea of when the JFC will start?

5 Sams

weekend of 10th-12th August
The Aristocrat Years

NedFlanders

Quote from: thewobbler on May 07, 2012, 04:24:37 PM
Line Ball, don't blame the county team or county board. Blame the handful of clubs (led by An Riocht) who spend their existence complaining about how they're unfairly punished for producing county players, and the majority of clubs who pander to these sh1te ideas come county convention.

Care to elaborate pal? "led by An Riocht"??

DownFanatic

Quote from: 5 Sams on May 11, 2012, 12:09:19 PM

You sure 5 Sams? With the new group stages in place I would of thought that it would be starting earlier.

5 Sams

Quote from: DownFanatic on May 11, 2012, 01:50:44 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on May 11, 2012, 12:09:19 PM

You sure 5 Sams? With the new group stages in place I would of thought that it would be starting earlier.

You could be right...I'm just going by the master list..
The Aristocrat Years

general

As far as im aware, senior and intermediate is between the 10th + 12th of August..

junior was due to be played through june im nearly sure

EagleLord

How much is it into the hurling today?

supersub

Quote from: general on May 12, 2012, 07:54:44 AM
As far as im aware, senior and intermediate is between the 10th + 12th of August..

junior was due to be played through june im nearly sure

Senior is in June

Line Ball

Tell me this, did anyone hear rumblings of the games next Friday nite being pulled?  I was chatting to a few lads today who had it on good authority that it was discussed at County Board level at there's a real possibility that the games won't go ahead next weekend.  Now I'm not saying they are off but just wondering if anyone had heard this as well.

I believe League games in other counties are being cancelled at the behest of county management in preparation for their championship which is weeks away.  Once again the ordinary club football is being seen as a distraction to County boards - I hope this isn't the case in Down.

Lecale2

Good win for the hurlers today afer a very poor start. They're in the semi final again. Draw on Monday I think.

supersub

Quote from: Line Ball on May 12, 2012, 07:32:58 PM
Tell me this, did anyone hear rumblings of the games next Friday nite being pulled?  I was chatting to a few lads today who had it on good authority that it was discussed at County Board level at there's a real possibility that the games won't go ahead next weekend.  Now I'm not saying they are off but just wondering if anyone had heard this as well.

I believe League games in other counties are being cancelled at the behest of county management in preparation for their championship which is weeks away.  Once again the ordinary club football is being seen as a distraction to County boards - I hope this isn't the case in Down.
[/quote

I did hear that on Friday night to be honest but wasnt sure how true it was at the time. Surely can only hamper clubs preparations for championship!

lonely1

Quote from: Lecale2 on May 12, 2012, 10:23:03 PM
Good win for the hurlers today afer a very poor start. They're in the semi final again. Draw on Monday I think.

Was talking to lad this morning who was at the game yesterday in Newry, said on two occasions the Meath manager and runner both called the Down management a "Bunch of Orange Bstds"! You 6 County F****s Cant believe it, this is beginning to creep in more and more a needs to stamped out immediately, I would hope your county board have the B***s to take this all the way and make an example of the two F ers!

ardtole

If there are no league games this friday it will be an utter disgrace, it will leave a full month without fixtures, I just do not understand it. I realise that Croke park would not allow games to go ahead on friday evening because of some marketing decision, but could the county board not have brought the games forward to thursday night and if that did not suit play them on sunday. Am I being over critical? Surely its in wee James interest to have club players getting games and if someone is showing up well bring them into the squad. The club player pays his membership at the start of the year, £100 quid in Saul this year and is entitled to a game every week or most weeks at least.

DownFanatic

Full set of fixtures for this Friday in all four divisions.