Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NedFlanders

Quote from: PAULD123 on April 16, 2012, 02:49:01 PM
Lads we have an over 35s team. we played a few challenge matches last year against An Riocht and Bosco. It is just for a bit of fun for the lads that want another we turn out in their club colours. Generally we have a match and then a bite to eat in the hosting club and a bit of a drink/craic.

Would anyone here from another club be interested in getting an over 35s team together for a friendly match? Would be great to get a few more games going.

We have one PAULD - i could pass your details on to the mangers if you have them handy?

NedFlanders

Quote from: The Real Gael on April 15, 2012, 11:43:12 PM
Quote from: NedFlanders on April 15, 2012, 08:14:15 PM
One of the most open games of football ive seen in a brave while, hardly any tackles or pressure when kickers went to take their scores. Cork never had to get outta 3rd gear, Kerrigan ran the show, no doubting it, the lad is a cracking football, but the down defence still needs some addressing. Dont understand how Daniel McCartan expects to mark a man when he's 5 bloody yards away, must be the family ties again!! Thought big McConvillie did very well, kept working hard especially for the goal and was unlucky to be taken off

Was he playing today?

Apparently :/

alba2

Castlewellan v Mayobridge - tonight in Castlewellan at 7.  Poacher returns to one of his old hunting grounds as a coach.  How will this game fair out?? Bridge were poor on fri night and Castlewellan had a good result on their return to the top flight.

True Blue

Lads we have an over 35s team. we played a few challenge matches last year against An Riocht and Bosco. It is just for a bit of fun for the lads that want another we turn out in their club colours. Generally we have a match and then a bite to eat in the hosting club and a bit of a drink/craic.

Would anyone here from another club be interested in getting an over 35s team together for a friendly match? Would be great to get a few more games going.

Pauld123
We (Warrenpoint) have an over 35's team. We played carrickruppen las Saturday and are playing Bosco next month. We try to play once a month as it takes several weeks to get rid of the soreness! Maybe Sometime in June. Let me know what u think and I will let our "co-ordinator" know?
The minute you start talking about what you're going to do if you lose, you have lost.

PAULD123

Quote from: NedFlanders on April 16, 2012, 03:08:38 PM

We have one PAULD - i could pass your details on to the mangers if you have them handy?

Ned I've sent you a PM.

Should have said my club - Warrenpoint. (bit embarrasing that one after Trueblue's post, seeing as we were obviously on the same pitch last Saturday)

So anyway if you are from An Riocht, Bosco or Carrickcruppen then we are obviously in touch already. But please if any other posters clubs are interested then please let me know as we are definitely interested in finding a few new teams to play against.

Thanks

dundrumite

dundrumite

Even though he appears to have put in the wrong result I must compliment the display of the referee Gavin Finnegan, one of the best displays I have seen from a man in black in a long time. He handled the game very well, always talking to the players letting them know exactly why a free was given as opposed to some of the so called better refs who talk to adult players like children.

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

whitegoodman

dundrumite

TheClutch

Quote from: dundrumite on April 16, 2012, 08:44:58 PM
Even though he appears to have put in the wrong result I must compliment the display of the referee Gavin Finnegan, one of the best displays I have seen from a man in black in a long time. He handled the game very well, always talking to the players letting them know exactly why a free was given as opposed to some of the so called better refs who talk to adult players like children.

Believe it or not i actually agree with you one this one referee. Pity the rest of the referees in the county aren't up to his standard.
2017 Championship Prediction League Winner 8)

DownFanatic

Quote from: TheClutch on April 16, 2012, 09:07:08 PM

Believe it or not i actually agree with you one this one referee. Pity the rest of the referees in the county aren't up to his standard.

Gavin Finnegan was absolutely brilliant tonight. A common sense referee who actually informs players why he has given a free against them. He also smartly allowed advantage when it was needed. No showman antics, no ball licking the players and no ego. Exactly the type of referee we need coming into our games in Down.

alba2

well he is one of only a few.  I heard a certain referee walked off the pitch last week when  a team was few minutes late turning up for the game as they got lost.  The referee just jumped in his car and left.  No need for that when its underage.  Should get no games for a month for his "im in control" attitude.
On another note - Bridge had big result tonight.  That should straighten them out after last fridays effort.  Better team play in terrible conditions left them with the points at the end of the game.  Bridge looked more balanced tonight.

andunabu

ACL Division 3: Drumgath 2 - 9 Bosco 2 - 13>

The Marshes

Quote from: DownFanatic on April 16, 2012, 09:18:48 PM
Quote from: TheClutch on April 16, 2012, 09:07:08 PM

Gavin Finnegan was absolutely brilliant tonight. A common sense referee who actually informs players why he has given a free against them. He also smartly allowed advantage when it was needed. No showman antics, no ball licking the players and no ego. Exactly the type of referee we need coming into our games in Down.

Good to see positive comments about referees; however, what was the ref doing to tell the players why the free was given? Was it hand signals or talking to them? Is this the guy from An Riocht?