Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhic Easmuint

Was the game played tonight between Kilcoo and Clonduff?

Colonel Cool

Hurling league action tonight. Portaferry going for the league won't have it easy at home to Ballycran. Ballela are at home to liatroim in a local derby and the Fontenroys should win that one. Shamrocks look to continue their winning ways at home to Ballygalget who can't score at the minute.

In Div 2, Bredagh will be close to winning the league if they win away to Clonduff.
I'm not Homer Simpson. That ship has sailed. I'm "Colonel Cool"!

Bacon

Portaferry and Shamrocks are neck in neck in Div 1 and I'd expect both to win again tonight. Ballela are focused on getting 15 men on the field whereas Listoim have improved recently. Liatroim by a couple.

In Div 2 Clonduff have lost their way a bit after an excellent start. They've a very young team and a good youth setup and i expect them to challenge better in years to come. I can't see anyone stopping Bredagh now. Their win over a strong Ballycran a couple of weeks ago was the clincher.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

Lecale2

Div 1
Shamrocks 0-18 1-09 Ballygalget

Div 2
Clonduff 0-03 7-13 Bredagh
Ballygalget lost to Castlewellan

Whitehair

I'd like to say that Bacon was right and there was a couple between us and liatroim.... but we were stuffed! Liatroim, attack after attack went in search of goals, with play reminiscent of a 7's team, their support play and teamwork was excellent with Jerome Mc Crickard conducting operartions whether on the ball or otherwise. Half-time score was 5.4 to 2.3 to them, in the second half intensity dropped with liatroim picking off a succession of points, i'l keep the score to myself! :-[

Lecale2

Liatroim are playing very well this year and have stepped up a level from last year. Young McCartan is a real star. They must be a good bet to retain the IHC. I don't think that's very been done before because previous winners have had to play senior for a year.

behind the wire

i have already posted this in the aussie rules thread but just thought id post it here so as all us down folk can get a look at it. don't think the aussies are familiar with the chip lift!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHkrqVaxXOM
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

Colonel Cool

Ballycran drew with Portaferry in Div 1 last night. Portaferry still top of the league but Newry close the gap with their win over Ballygalget.

johnneycool

Quote from: Colonel Cool on June 27, 2007, 01:22:00 PM
Ballycran drew with Portaferry in Div 1 last night. Portaferry still top of the league but Newry close the gap with their win over Ballygalget.

Have Newry not to play the Ports both home and away yet?

Colonel Cool

Quote from: johnneycool on June 27, 2007, 03:41:33 PM
Quote from: Colonel Cool on June 27, 2007, 01:22:00 PM

Have Newry not to play the Ports both home and away yet?
I think you're right. A game was called off due to county players. They also have to travel to Ballycran next week. All to play for yet.

amallon

The Rostrevor v Mayobridge game is now at 7:15 tonight instead of 7:30
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Colonel Cool

In Div 2 of the ACHL Bredagh are 4 points ahead of Ballycran with 3 games left to be played. Clonduff are out of it. It's Bredagh's to lose now but we're still hanging in there waiting for a slip. Bredagh have to play Castlewellan away and Ballygalget twice. 3 tough games so it's not over yet!

Can anyone confirm the position in Div 1? Why were the hurling tables removed from Down GAA site? Is it now the Down Gaelic Football Site?

johnneycool

Quote from: Colonel Cool on June 28, 2007, 10:27:56 AM
Is it now the Down Gaelic Football Site?

Is Diarmuid Cahill still in charge?

In fairness to Diarmuid when he was doing the Down GAA yearbook he told me that he'd requested articles from all clubs but the three Ards clubs didn't provide anything and that was the year Ballygalget had won the Ulster club championship, so in a way we have a responsibility to be more pro-active in a lot of the PRO stuff for hurling.

Lecale2

JC - you're right but the hurling leagues are All County Leagues run by the County Board in the same way as the football leagues. I've no idea why they would suddently remove them from the league tables section. 

Diarmuid is still PRO but I think he is on holiday. He used to post on here at one time. It was rumoured the then Chairman told him to stop.
If you read this Diarmuid, from Spain or where ever, can you post the hurling league tables on the Web site?

DownFanatic

ACFL Division 3 Table

Played     Points
Tullylish           14            20
Saul                14            17
Dundrum         14            17
Bredagh          13            17
Teconnaught   14            16
Bosco              14            16
Drumgath        14            15
Ardglass           14            15
Glenn              13            12
Mitchels           14             9
St Pauls           14             6
Bright              14             6

Outstanding Fixture:

Bredagh v Glenn (To be Played this Monday)

Next Set of Fixtures: (2nd Team is at Home)
Ardglass      v      Tullylish
Bright      v      Saul
Teconnaught   v      Bosco
Dundrum      v      Bredagh
Glenn      v      Drumgath
St Pauls      v      Mitchels