Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Dubh driocht

All very quiet here. No word of fixtures and no word of a team for Sunday. I would go with the same team as last week with Garvey and Hughes in from the start ( with G Mc Cartan and Miskelly giving way).Long old trip but up we have to beat Cork some time ?

SHEEDY

hopefully garvey and hughes will be fit to start. i would leave out miskelly and costello to accomodate them.
nil satis nisi optimum

whitegoodman

Id agree with Garvey and Hughes coming in but there would need to be one more or else a defender is going to play in the forward line like McCartan did last week.  Id like to see Ambrose given a start at wing forward, he is very rusty but he needs game time and out of midfield there wont be as much pressure on him as there would be at midfield.  Plus there are not too many half forward options at the minute anyway.

Id go for

McVeigh
McCartan
McCartan
Brannigan
Garvey
Doyle
Quinn
Turley
Gordon
Hughes
Carr
Rodgers
Lavery
Coulter
Poland

Tough on Damian Turley and Costello but thats the way it goes.

western exile

I just heard on the wireless that Paul Kerrigan has got his red card overturned and will be able to line out for Cork tomorrow.

NP 76

Team up on the Down page on facebook
Mc Veigh
Costello Dan Mc Cartan D Turley
Quinn  Doyle  G Mc Cartan
P Turley   A Brannigan
Poland  Carr  Gordon
Hughes  Laverty  Coulter
Does Mayobridge u 21 not play tomorrow so that would rule K Quinn out all in all no major surprises

PAULD123

Have to say I much prefer the team selected by WhiteGM

NP 76

So would i Paul but glad to see Damien Turley getting another run has done very well so far

umpire

Quote from: NP 76 on February 11, 2012, 09:09:51 PM
Team up on the Down page on facebook
Mc Veigh
Costello Dan Mc Cartan D Turley
Quinn  Doyle  G Mc Cartan
P Turley   A Brannigan
Poland  Carr  Gordon
Hughes  Laverty  Coulter
Does Mayobridge u 21 not play tomorrow so that would rule K Quinn out all in all no major surprises

Bridge play on Sun 22nd !!

Mourne Rover

The Down website appears to be offline - has anyone got the link for the radio commentary from Cork ?

ballela-angel

Try Destination Newry - The broadcast is broken up some - Poor broadband
That awkward moment - Not sure if you do have free time or if you're just forgetting everything!

Mourne Rover

Got the commentary from Cork on <www.c103.ie>. We had a great start, scoring the first three points, but Cork have just hit an amazing 2-4 without reply. It sounds as though our defence is struggling badly, and the last goal was supposed to be a dreadful error by Brendan McVeigh.

snoopdog

Down were 0-03 to nil up but cork have scored 2-04 without reply. Another hiding on the cards. that link is terrible keeps breaking up

SHEEDY

down getting bit of a hiding. cork 3-5 down 0-5 at half time
nil satis nisi optimum