Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

Quote from: DaisyCutter on January 29, 2012, 12:53:39 PM
The Down Senior panel was cut last night with approximately 15 players getting the chop. Mark Doran was cut of it, so he will be disappointed as he's been on the fringes for the last number of years. Down are playing Crossmaglen In a challenge game today in Mayobridge.

how many left? you know who remains?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

The Marshes

What's the Down U21 panel like this year?

Mid Down Gael

Result from friendly in Mayobridge

Down 2-13 Crossmaglen 1-9

Played in terrible conditions it provided both sides with a useful workout. Liam Doyle was Downs top performer while Aidan Carr, Conor Laverty and Arthur McConnville also performed admirably.

NP 76

Was out at the game myself an awful night for football but both teams put in a good shift . Thought Carr P Turley  and big Arthur did well Doyle was outstanding . Costello and Hanna did very good in the 1st half  from what i hear didnt see it all . Thought Ambrose looked way of the pace even his decision making was poor maybe the weather had alot to do with it . Looks like Daniel mc Cartan is going to be full back played there again tonight

Dubh driocht

That's the best result for Down since beating Armagh in the league last year!Which shows the respect I have for Cross. Delighted that Doyler is fit and good to have the other lads coming in.
I think we can approach Donegal in a good frame of mind and we need to be up for it as they will be. The Newry factor will be important but we will need a big performance.Sounds like Dan Mc Cartan will start at 3 and there are a few options either side of him.Again,Doyle should anchor CHB with some 'new' faces beside him. If Ambrose is still off the pace the MF may beTurley and Gough unless Dan is there from the start. Aidan Carr at 11, with Danny one side and Poland the other are the likely men in HF line while the FF line should probably be Benny, Laverty and Miskelly.
My 15 would be ;Mc Veigh,Costello,Mc Cartan, A Brannigan,Hanna, Doyle,Quinn, Turley and Gordon, Hughes, Carr, Poland, Laverty, Coulter, Miskelly.
Doubt if James will pick this team but whatever it takes to get two points on Saturday night

whitegoodman

Anyone able to put the team up from today??

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: whitegoodman on January 29, 2012, 09:14:39 PM
Mcveigh, D turley, mccartan, Costello, Hanna, Doyler, A Brannigan, P Turley, Rogers, Hughes, Carr, gough, miskelly, McConnville and Laverty.
Subs used: N Brannigan, M Poland, K Anderson and C Brannigan.

PAULD123

whiteGM. Do you know the fitness status of your  clubmates G McCartan, McKernan, and Rooney? Also what about Garvey?

norabeag

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on January 29, 2012, 07:27:48 PM
Result from friendly in Mayobridge

Down 2-13 Crossmaglen 1-9

Played in terrible conditions it provided both sides with a useful workout. Liam Doyle was Downs top performer while Aidan Carr, Conor Laverty and Arthur McConnville also performed admirably.
Any need to segregate the crowd  at all. Maybe Bridge boys could send crowd control report down Tralee way ;)

whitegoodman

Quote from: PAULD123 on January 29, 2012, 10:11:30 PM
whiteGM. Do you know the fitness status of your  clubmates G McCartan, McKernan, and Rooney? Also what about Garvey?

Mckernan isnt injured, he is in australia, think he back for cork game. Rooney certain to miss at least first 2 matches, garvey unlikely to make first 2 either. Don't no what story is with gerrard mccartan, think he back training anyway.

Leo

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on January 29, 2012, 10:09:46 PM
Quote from: whitegoodman on January 29, 2012, 09:14:39 PM
Mcveigh, D turley, mccartan, Costello, Hanna, Doyler, A Brannigan, P Turley, Rogers, Hughes, Carr, gough, miskelly, McConnville and Laverty.
Subs used: N Brannigan, M Poland, K Anderson and C Brannigan.

That looks very close to a starting team for Saturday.
Fierce tame altogether

Mid Down Gael

I would imagine Benny, Gordan, Poland and possibly Kieth Quinn or Kevin Duffin will come in from the start on sat.
I'd go with Mcveigh, A Brannigan, D McCartan, D Turley, T Hanna, L Doyle, K Duffin/K Quinn, A Rogers, P Turley, D Hughes, A Carr, D Gordan, M Poland, B Coulter and C Laverty,

PAULD123

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on January 30, 2012, 09:18:57 AM
I would imagine Benny, Gordan, Poland and possibly Kieth Quinn or Kevin Duffin will come in from the start on sat.
I'd go with Mcveigh, A Brannigan, D McCartan, D Turley, T Hanna, L Doyle, K Duffin/K Quinn, A Rogers, P Turley, D Hughes, A Carr, D Gordan, M Poland, B Coulter and C Laverty,

If McKernan is available & fit then I would start him at wing back instead of Hanna, possibly play Hanna instead of Brannigan. And I would swap Ambrose & Gordon as Ambrose is better going forward and it would take some pressure of him in his first league game since 2010.

Having said that perhaps McKernan could start on the bench and come in for Doyler around 50-60 minute mark when he is tiring

Other than that I think the team named is pretty much the only real option at this stage. Gough, McConville, Miskelly and N. Brannigan could all expect to have a shout from the bench at some stage during league matches.

PAULD123

Oh yeah, and thanks WhiteGM for the injury update, Your  knowledge of what's happening at club level is very helpful.

whitegoodman

McKernan isnt back until next wk and it will be the Cork game at the earliest before he sees any game time.

Id say MDG has the team just about right with Quinn getting the nod ahead of Duffen.  That defence wouldnt inspire me but with Murphy and McFadden missing Down need to be targeting a win to have any chance of surviving in this league.

I wonder does James regret dropping Murtagh as if Coulter or Lavery get injured we have no real experienced alternatives at the moment for the full forward line.