Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amallon

I duno if Sexton will be used as a defender.  He's playing all his football at number 10 these days.  He can play in defence but is better up front in my opinnion.  He is still the Bridges top scorer by a mile depsite missing a 2-3 games due to injury. 
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Square Ball

Div three Half time Teconnaught 0-01 Bredagh 2-05
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Square Ball

Div 3 Final Score

Teconnaught 1-06 Bredagh 4-08

lecale4

Bredagh 4-08 Teconnaugh 1-06 - exact same score as the Minor match on Wednesday night - spooky!!

cloneman

Ballymartin 1-9 Annaclone 0-8

We were really poor tonight and deservedly got beat and now go behiind Ballymartin in the league.

DownFanatic

Latest Official ACFL Division 3 Table after Teconnaught v Bredagh game last night

Tullylish   18
Bredagh   17
Teconnaught   16
Dundrum   15
Drumgath   15
Saul   15
Bosco   14
Ardglass   13
Glenn   12
Mitchels   7
St Pauls   6
Bright   6

Outstanding Fixtures:

Bredagh v Glenn (To be Played this Monday)
Teconnaught v Saul (Awaiting Referees Report but Saul will probably get the 2 points)

Next Round of Fixtures:

Dundrum v Drumgath
Glenn v Mitchels
St Pauls v Tullylish
Ardglass v Saul
Bright v Bosco

goldenyears

crazy result annaclone....ballymartin playing great stuff, but definitely had you boys down to win that one. what happened? did you think after bholland result, you would win this one ok?

redandblackjack

Fair play to Marty Clarke, when you see the arrogance associated with lesser 'footballers' these days it is a pleasure to read about a real talent.
One thing is for sure, when he returns his appetite to play for his county will be as great as when he left. A great talent- one which will be even greater by the time he returns (if he returns).

Anyone know if you can watch that game over the net?

5 Sams

Quote from: redandblackjack on June 22, 2007, 12:27:13 PM
Fair play to Marty Clarke, when you see the arrogance associated with lesser 'footballers' these days it is a pleasure to read about a real talent.
One thing is for sure, when he returns his appetite to play for his county will be as great as when he left. A great talent- one which will be even greater by the time he returns (if he returns).

Boys if he keeps progressing the way he is we will never see him in a Down jersey again and good luck to him...
The Aristocrat Years

Fíor Gael

Quote from: cloneman on June 22, 2007, 12:06:22 AM
Ballymartin 1-9 Annaclone 0-8

We were really poor tonight and deservedly got beat and now go behiind Ballymartin in the league.

I've heard some great reports about pete mc colgan from annaclone. Is he  a potential solution to our obvious fralities in corner back at county level? Did he get a trial at the start of the year or was he overlooked?

6th sam

Delighted for Martin Clarke.
Given his unprecedented rise to 1st team status,it shows what an exceptional talent he is ,and an enormous loss to Down football.
While genuinely wishing Martin well, I would be interested to know what steps the county board has taken to ensure there isn't a drain of our best talents to Australia in the future.
Sean Cavanagh rejected overtures from AFL,on the basis that he was convinced he would win All-Irelands at home.How do we make sure that future Down stars have a genuine chance of winning All-Irelands?

charlie stubbs

hitmaster was at the tullylish bosco game last week.your man mcareavey really impressed me scored 5 or 6 from play and was pinging passes like tommy hamill

cloneman

Quote from: goldenyears on June 22, 2007, 11:16:25 AM
crazy result annaclone....ballymartin playing great stuff, but definitely had you boys down to win that one. what happened? did you think after bholland result, you would win this one ok?

I don't think complacency was the cause of defeat.  Gary McArdle was a big loss (although he hasnt broken his leg as originally thought) and we are also missing another two or three lads on holiday at the minute. Our squad just isn't big enough to cope with so many absences at once.
Fair play to Ballymartin though, they were definitley the hungrier team and despite our recent good form they stayed with us and have now ovetaken us in the league.

Quote from: Fíor Gael on June 22, 2007, 01:21:46 PM

I've heard some great reports about pete mc colgan from annaclone. Is he  a potential solution to our obvious fralities in corner back at county level? Did he get a trial at the start of the year or was he overlooked?

Pete's had a good year for us alright although he's been playing CHB.  I would say that his best position is definitley corner back and would be as good as a lot of the defensive players currently on the county squad if not the team.
As far as I know he had one trial before christmas, just after we finished in the playoffs and from what I gather he was given the impression after the trial that he would at least get another chance but was than called to say that his services were no longer required!

Although it would be great to see a couple of our boys in the county setup (the McArdles being two other possibilities on recent form), it would really dent the prospects of our senior team as I have mentioned above, we have a very small squad, and would find it very hard to cope without our better players.

Square Ball

any scores from tonights matches?

Dundrum v Drumgath
Glenn v Mitchels
St Pauls v Tullylish
Ardglass v Saul
Bright v Bosco

DownFanatic

Down ACFL Division 3

Dundrum 3-17   Drumgath 1-14