Quote from: alba2 on December 09, 2011, 10:19:58 AM
Quote from: supersub on December 09, 2011, 09:40:38 AM
              J Parr
D McEntee Branningan?? J Farrell   
J Murphy D O'Hagan K McKernan

A McConville P Murphy

P Devlin C McGinn D O'Hare
K O'Rourke  J Brown C Laverty

Mc Entee - you're having a laugh. Got completley cleaned out of it in the last 3 or 4 games for his club.  Played rightly against Latton but that was it.
Arthur Mc Conville - not worthy either. Anton Mc Ardle skint him in the county final and had a good Ulster campaign for Burren - apart form the final as did Keith Quinn.
Kevin O'Rourke had one good game this year - last Monday night against Burren - anyone honest enough around the bridge would tell you the same.
Paul Devlin is a shadow of the player he was when Kilcoo won the championship in 09.  Has come nowhere near those dizzy heights since. You have left out Mark Poland from the half forward line - best player in Down at the minute.

That's why he got runner up in down player of the year, good lad!

McEntee Last 3/4 games? He got MOM in his second last game so your comment doesn't add up. He was solid for them and takes something to break into and sustain a place in the current Burren team.

Devlin poss replaced by Poland.
Your facts dont add up - his second last game was against Crossmaglen and he was far from man of the match. He got it against Latton and if you check my comment i have recognised that. He got into the Burren team because Ronan Mc Govern is injured and had to get an operation.  Plus his dad is a selector there - that would certainly help his case.
As for Mc Conville - how he even got nominated for this gong is beyond the people of Clonduff let alone the wider circle.  But he did and got runner up because Mc Kernan was head and sholders above the rest..

supersub

Sorry forgot about the League Semi final, but it still falls within your original comment of 3/4 games which contains the one against Latton and yes you did acknowledge it but why say 3/4 games if it's not true. Doesn't make sense. Yes but surely if he wasn't playing well regardless of how he got into the team, there are a good few other players withing the huge Burren squad who would warrant a chance, thus keeping him out. So what if he got in when someone was injured, that's how a lot of people make their break through, but it is then up to them to sustain their place especially in a competitive team like Burrens!

As for your comment about McConville, what a kop out. McKernan head and shoulders above the rest, but yet McConville still came second? A lot of other people to choose from for that second spot and indeed for the nominations in the first place. A weak argument.

EagleLord

Would O'Rourke from the bridge now be eligable for a Down call up? Or would he still be an Armagh player?

whitegoodman

Its a very argumentative question but supersubs Div 1 team is a decent attempt.

I would have my reservations about mcentee,mcconville, devlin, orourke and brown.  I also thought mckernan had a poor year by his high standards, especially since he came home from Austraila.

Thought Danny Savage, Bonny and CHB whos name escapes me deserved a mention from Byransford, Lively and shane ohare from the bridge, John Clarke although not what he was still offers a lot more threat than Brown imo and mark poland as has already been mentioned.

The usual suspects such as benny and rony murtagh had very injury affected seasons for their clubs and for that reason i wouldnt include them.

On O Rourke, what i have seen of him he can be very hit and miss, some very good games some very bad.  I would like to see him for another year before committing as to whether he is good enough for the county.

forevergreen

O'Rourke would probably need an intercounty transfer fellas, but he is not up to County standard, played well against Burren in the first half Monday night but completely disappeared in the 2nd when Paddy Mohan was put on him and Mohan hasnt been able to break into the team all year.

On another note, had any of you seen Sean Clarke from An Riocht playing this year, had an absolute stormer against Burren earlier in the year playing @ wing half and seemed to have it all, speed, skill and an eye for the posts but somehow or other ended up playing @ centre half in the return fixture.

I thought he was one for the call up but wondered how he faired in other games

EagleLord

No im not suggesting he be called up to the Down team, I was just wondering because he was mentioned there.

KIDDO 4

Kilcoo l.10 Mayobridge 1,4  17 gone second half Down league final .

KIDDO 4

Kilcoo 1.13 ,Mayobridge 1.4 , 3 mins remaining .

KIDDO 4

KIDDO 4

Kilcoo are crowned Down division league champions after a 2.16 , to 1.6 ,  victory overMayobridge in Newry tonight.

NedFlanders

Quote from: forevergreen on December 09, 2011, 01:17:23 PM
O'Rourke would probably need an intercounty transfer fellas, but he is not up to County standard, played well against Burren in the first half Monday night but completely disappeared in the 2nd when Paddy Mohan was put on him and Mohan hasnt been able to break into the team all year.

On another note, had any of you seen Sean Clarke from An Riocht playing this year, had an absolute stormer against Burren earlier in the year playing @ wing half and seemed to have it all, speed, skill and an eye for the posts but somehow or other ended up playing @ centre half in the return fixture.

I thought he was one for the call up but wondered how he faired in other games

Would completely agree with you Forevergreen, smashing eye for the sticks, kicked some classy points throughout the year, great at taking players on his speed is a huge danger. Great man marker too. Only problem with him is he very prone to injury, but keep him fit, deserves a triall at the very least!!

redandblackareback

Quote from: KIDDO 4 on December 09, 2011, 08:55:47 PM
Kilcoo are crowned Down division league champions after a 2.16 , to 1.6 ,  victory overMayobridge in Newry tonight.

Big score!!  :o

Just out of interest could any of the posters possibly post a list of the division one league winners for the last 20 years?

dundrumite

Quote from: redandblackareback on December 09, 2011, 09:39:11 PM

Just out of interest could any of the posters possibly post a list of the division one league winners for the last 20 years?

Wobbler/A Mallon/MDG be the bookies favourites for this

Mid Down Gael

Good performance from a fitter, hungrier Kilcoo tonight. The Bridge started promisingly but their challange faded badly. From Laverty got Kilcoos first half goal there only looked like there would be one winner.
Thankfully we are league champions after toping the table all season, and what a long season, the lads will be so glad to get a break.
Well done to the panel on a good league campaign and finishing it of with a rather easy win tonight. 

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: redandblackareback on December 09, 2011, 09:39:11 PM

Kilcoo 2011
Mayobridge 2010
Mayobridge 2009
Kilcoo 2008
An Riocht 2007
Burren 2006
? 2005
?  2004
Kilcoo 2003
?       2002
Mayobridge 2001