Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

umpire

Bridge v Burren game off tomorrow night??

The Diarrhoa Divil

Quote from: thewobbler on November 30, 2011, 02:06:26 PM
I bought a ticket. But I still don't agree with it.

Does anyone know if the draw is to fund a new venture, to pay off debt, or to cover running expenses? Genuine answers please.

Couldnt disagree with the thing any stronger if i tried. Its another nugget from our media/PRO-savvy County Board. Whatever way ye dress it up the thing just shits all over Club Down and the work that they had put in over the last 5 years or so. It also totally goes against whatever club fundraising initiatives already exist across the county. People simply dont have the money these days, its an absolute disgrace. Its even more ridiculous that the county board have seen fit to take away home fixtures for clubs who dont sell their quota, thats a racket of shit if there was one. What i would love to know is who were the clubs that actually voted in favour of all this and who were the 14 clubs that apparently abstained from voting on the issue. I mean come on FFS, why would a club let alone 14 of them not vote on such a controversial issue. Anyone?

The county board would be better off getting the fingers out and maybe spend their time to try figure out ways of improving the standard of refereeing across the county. Or maybe if they actually sorted out the Hurling & Camogie leagues and ensured that they ran fully and successfully it might actually aid clubs and the development of our games. Maybe they could once and for all sort out the farce that is inter-club transfers and club boundaries to stop clubs poaching players, or players playing for whoever they like regardless of where they live (Loughinisland, Burren, Ballyholland, Annaclone etc). If only they grew a set and actually took a stand on the important grassroots issues affecting clubs. The whole thing stinks.

5 Sams

Quote from: The Diarrhoa Divil on December 01, 2011, 09:52:14 PM

Does anyone know if the draw is to fund a new venture, to pay off debt, or to cover running expenses? Genuine answers please.

Couldnt disagree with the thing any stronger if i tried. Its another nugget from our media/PRO-savvy County Board. Whatever way ye dress it up the thing just shits all over Club Down and the work that they had put in over the last 5 years or so. It also totally goes against whatever club fundraising initiatives already exist across the county. People simply dont have the money these days, its an absolute disgrace. Its even more ridiculous that the county board have seen fit to take away home fixtures for clubs who dont sell their quota, thats a racket of shit if there was one. What i would love to know is who were the clubs that actually voted in favour of all this and who were the 14 clubs that apparently abstained from voting on the issue. I mean come on FFS, why would a club let alone 14 of them not vote on such a controversial issue. Anyone?

The county board would be better off getting the fingers out and maybe spend their time to try figure out ways of improving the standard of refereeing across the county. Or maybe if they actually sorted out the Hurling & Camogie leagues and ensured that they ran fully and successfully it might actually aid clubs and the development of our games. Maybe they could once and for all sort out the farce that is inter-club transfers and club boundaries to stop clubs poaching players, or players playing for whoever they like regardless of where they live (Loughinisland, Burren, Ballyholland, Annaclone etc). If only they grew a set and actually took a stand on the important grassroots issues affecting clubs. The whole thing stinks.

Welcome aboard Mr Diarrhea,
Always good to see new members getting involved with debates about matters in the county. One small query. What are the reasons for you grouping Ballyholland in with Burren and Loughinisland, etc on the player poaching issue?? Good man..I'm sure you have loads of concrete examples
The Aristocrat Years

amallon

Yes game is off tonight. A bereavement in Burren. It's fixed for Monday night instead
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

southdown

Did Ballyholland not get 2 players from Bosco recently?  I could be wrong on this and stand to be corrected.

5 Sams

Quote from: southdown on December 02, 2011, 12:37:20 PM
Did Ballyholland not get 2 players from Bosco recently?  I could be wrong on this and stand to be corrected.
That was a few years ago Southdown and the lads came to us looking to play....hardly poaching >:(
The Aristocrat Years

southdown

The Diarrhoa Divil

Quote from: 5 Sams on December 01, 2011, 11:14:37 PM
Quote from: The Diarrhoa Divil on December 01, 2011, 09:52:14 PM

Welcome aboard Mr Diarrhea,
Always good to see new members getting involved with debates about matters in the county. One small query. What are the reasons for you grouping Ballyholland in with Burren and Loughinisland, etc on the player poaching issue?? Good man..I'm sure you have loads of concrete examples

Yes hardly poaching. Maybe poaching is too strong a word. My point being that its all too easy for players to suddenly transfer from club to club willy-nilly.(never thought id ever type those words). Loyalty and pride in parish/place of birth is all too easy cast aside today. Croke Park leaves it up to the County Boards to regulate and oversee the system but they do a piss poor job as far as i can see.
Anyhow are youse not currently down the newry dual carriageway on the coast trying to coax an ex county panelist to come play for your club?

5 Sams

First I heard of it.....Point? Rostrevor? Spill the beans...
The Aristocrat Years

The Diarrhoa Divil

Ask your manager. He probably knows more about it.

Lecale2

There's very little transfers going on within the County that aren't within the rules.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: 5 Sams on December 02, 2011, 07:39:37 PM
First I heard of it.....Point? Rostrevor? Spill the beans...

Sorry, I'm not available :P

NP 76

Anyhow are youse not currently down the newry dual carriageway on the coast trying to coax an ex county panelist to come play for your club?
The point road was always Ballyhollands pick was it not

goldenyears

lads lets just confirm no one from ballyholland is trying to coax anyone to come play for us! if the boyles cant resolve their differences with the point then i am sure there will be a number of clubs willing to make them welcome.....

the point road was a free for all between harps, shamrocks and mitchels.

DaisyCutter

Interesting debate going on at the moment about the boyles in dispute with thier home club. Can any posters confirm what the dispute is about as this is the first ive heard of it?

Just on another point, i dont think there are any clubs (hurling or football) that now have players that had the same panel playing for that club at U12 or U14 levels. I think Kilcoo are the only side in the County that have all their panel who lived and played for there club from Under 12 level upwards.

Final point...lol: I think ill attend the Under 21 semi final to tomorrow in St.Johns between Bryansford and Kilcoo. It should be a great games with the likes of Danny Savage, David McKibben and Chris Clarke playing for the ford whilst kilcoo have Paul Devlin, Barry Kane, Johnston bros and O'Hanlon in their ranks. It could take a replay to seperate them.