Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: 5 Sams on October 22, 2011, 11:19:46 AM
I hear Down have another Hogan Cup winning captain training with them at the minute :o

Surely he will require an inter county transfer if he is going to be part of James plans!

Mid Down Gael

Ulster Colleges Result from this morning:

St Colman's Newry 1-8 Abbey CBS 3-7

goldenyears

onefaircounty

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on October 22, 2011, 04:10:23 PM
I hear Down have another Hogan Cup winning captain training with them at the minute :o

Surely he will require an inter county transfer if he is going to be part of James plans!

Niall McParland? Sure he is a Down man is he not?

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: onefaircounty on October 22, 2011, 04:18:20 PM

Niall McParland? Sure he is a Down man is he not?

Wrong winning captain!

5 Sams

You'd think so...but there must be something happening...watch this space.
The Aristocrat Years

goldenyears

here comes 6

Mid Down Gael

SHEEDY

big turnaround from last week! that puts the kingdom down and the yellas playing rostrevor in a relegation playoff next week.
nil satis nisi optimum

DownFanatic

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on October 22, 2011, 05:53:07 PM
Quote from: here comes 6 on October 22, 2011, 05:51:18 PM
who won clonduff burren game?

Burren 0-5 Clonduff 1-12

Funnily enough if it was goal difference and not head to head record seperating the teams then Rostrevor would be down automatically and Longstone and An Riocht would be playing in a relegation playoff with Clonduff safe.

5 Sams

Quote from: SHEEDY on October 22, 2011, 05:58:50 PM
big turnaround from last week! that puts the kingdom down and the yellas playing rostrevor in a relegation playoff next week.

Poucher will be delighted with Dawson.. :)
The Aristocrat Years

DaisyCutter

Was anyone at the Burren game today that could maybe post their starting 15?

Ive been thinking about the situation that Burren were in today because in one hand, I can see the reasons why they did not field their strongest 15 (Ulster/International Rules/League Semi final). But in the other hand... How must Rostrevor and even more so An Roicht feel this evening that Frank Dawson did not filed his strongest 15.

Imo I believe he should have fielded a strong team in fairness to the Kingdom, Rostrevor and the League. How would they feel if the tides were turned on themselves???

On a final note, Clonduff must of put in some performance today to turn around the embarrassment of last week. Leaves an interesting local derby battle between the yellas and Rostrevor.

goldenyears

Will do my best - awful day, burren had. 5 chances to score before clonduff did - yellas simply wanted it more; burren's subs not up to the level. Of their starting team. Burren team was;

Murdock, ryan mcgovern, dan mccartan, mohan, mcentee, chris mcgovern, some young lad on wing; smyth + mcardle, mcgovern, murdock, toner, donal ohare, ciaran byrne + poland.

Burren man beside me said 7 starters now playing

SHEEDY

relegation play off match between rostrevor and clonduff is set to be played next friday night in mayobridge.
nil satis nisi optimum