Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dundrumite

Quote from: Square Ball on September 24, 2011, 03:29:59 PM
dromara win 2-18 to 2-11
Jesus that must have been a busy last 5 mins. Well done dromara

In the Onion Bag

Tconnaught 0.3 Bredagh 0.2 HT.  Low scoring and a stiff breeze.

In the Onion Bag

Square Ball

Quote from: dundrumite on September 24, 2011, 04:46:42 PM
Quote from: Square Ball on September 24, 2011, 03:29:59 PM
dromara win 2-18 to 2-11
Jesus that must have been a busy last 5 mins. Well done dromara

think I misread the scoreboard to be honest
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

redandblack4ever

Kilclief beat Clann na Banna 0-11 to 1-05. Thank God for Twitter. On to Clonduff v. Kilcoo...

Mrs. redandblack4ever
"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."Edward R. Murrow,American Jounalist,1908-1965

redandblack4ever

Half time score Kilcoo 1-5 Clonduff 0-6. C'mon the Yellas!!!

Mrs. redandblack4ever
"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."Edward R. Murrow,American Jounalist,1908-1965

turkey+ham

SHEEDY

kilcoo 1-7 clonduff 0-11 FT. c'mon the yellas.
nil satis nisi optimum

thewobbler

Is that the biggest shock in Down GAA history?

In fairness, Clonduff's first XV, when they're all available, is a good solid team. Theyve not much to call on in reserve , but it's definitely a useful 15.

In the Onion Bag

Quote from: thewobbler on September 24, 2011, 08:59:49 PM

A seriously big shock YES - in Down GAA history? No.

redandblack4ever

Over the moon here in Chicago. No one ever thought Clonduff had a chance. I'm so happy for the boys. You done excellently... Now win the whole damn thing and shut everyone up in Down...

Mrs. redandblack4ever

ardtole

Quote from: thewobbler on September 24, 2011, 08:59:49 PM

In fairness, Clonduff's first XV, when they're all available, is a good solid team. Theyve not much to call on in reserve , but it's definitely a useful 15.

I think Teconnaught beat Burren in the 1st round of the championship the season after they won the all ireland. If I am right about that, then that would have to be the biggest shock of all time.

Mourne Rover

Teconnaught did beat Burren in the first round of the Down senior championship but I'm fairly sure it was in 1982 - four years before Burren's first AI club title. However, it was still a massive shock at the time, as Burren won every other Down SFC from 81 to 88. Their six in a row would probably have been eight in a row if they had beaten Teconnaught, who I think had Duckie Bell as player manager in 82. As far as I remember, it was a tight and low-scoring game in which Duckie put over almost every free which came his way. Teconnaught were pretty poor today, and Bredagh were not much better, but winning is all that counts in a semi final.

Oglach

Gutted losing to our neighbours but thats sport. Kilcoo never matched Clonduff's work rate in the second half. I thought the ref (who done ok) awarded the yellows a few soft frees while kilcoo had to work hard for theirs. With all said Clonduff deserved the win and i'd like to see them win the championship..... Oh that hurts! :'( 

dundrumite

For sheer excitement and passion value that was best championship game been to in a long time. With clonduff 2 behind with 10 minutes to go they had Aidan carr, Arthur mc Conville and Darren o hagan to really step up to the plate. Jason brown whilst near cost them at the end ultimately was their hero with a sublime strike from outside the 45. Kilcoo with the conveyor belt of talent at their disposal will surely be knocking on the good again. On the balance of play I think clonduff deserved their victory.
On a side note lot of posters seem be in same boat as me with 1 victory right out of 4 from today's games