Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersub

Quote from: redandblackareback on August 12, 2011, 10:48:40 PM
Quote from: EagleLord on August 12, 2011, 09:56:18 PM
Do tell supersub..

I think he s talking about the disgraceful scenes you mention supersub  ;)

Surely not again down in Rostrevor eh?? lol

Ah I see, few blows exchanged early in match between 2 players then the same player for them and Brian Cole for us went at it which sparked another riot. Not as bad as ballyholland one!! Ref should have stepped in before the fight began in any case. Their no6 came out worse off physically but the suspension will affect us more than them!

On The Side

ballyhhond tonight. burren winning refs or not? ridicules.

SHEEDY

after reading about the sad death of a referee during a SHC match in Derry last night. deepest condolences to his family.

just shows how things could have worked out last week without the quick response of the medical personel. hope gabriel is continuing on the road to recovery.
nil satis nisi optimum

NP 76

Heard that about the ref in derry last night at James night wish his family the deepest condolences . James night in the canal court was excellent never saw as big of seated crowd in the Canal Court . A big number of players made the trip from all over Ireland about 8 or 10 of the Kerry team of the 60s and the same of the Galway team . The greatest commentator of them all made the trip from Kerry just shows the esteem the Mc Cartans are held in . Was a bit surprised not one of the current Down team was in attendance . Great night

Mourne Rover

The county board should set out to block the NFL changes, which are a complete joke. Down have taken the league seriously over recent years by achieving back to back promotions and retaining a coveted place in division one. All those efforts are gong to be written off if every county which manages to stay out of division three is suddenly rated as equal.  In addition, Down will be be deprived of scheduled high-profile home games against Kerry, Dublin, Cork and Mayo which would have brought on our younger players considerably.

The GAA may get the revenue from additional league semi finals, but the entire competition will be devalued and overall attendances will almost certainly fall. If someone is going to put forward a serious case for a restructure, it should not be considered until the end of the 2012 season at the earliest.

umpire

Quote from: supersub on August 13, 2011, 12:29:52 AM
Do tell supersub..

Ah I see, few blows exchanged early in match between 2 players then the same player for them and Brian Cole for us went at it which sparked another riot. Not as bad as ballyholland one!! Ref should have stepped in before the fight began in any case. Their no6 came out worse off physically but the suspension will affect us more than them!

There far too many brawls happened in our local club games.
i think that the Refs could handle the rows much better if non-playering members and management stayed on the line. by running on feild make the refereeing job difficult. The Rostrevor v Ballyholland game had more people  on feild than actual playing members in brawl.

What is the rule for number of subs and management tieam on line?

The team should be fined for enroching on feild of play with out ref permission.

whitegoodman

Agree with everything you have said MR but I cant see the county board being able to block it unless almost every county unanimously agree to block it which wont happy as alot of division 2 & 4 teams will be very happy with the changes.

Terrible decision if it happens imo, they tried it a few years ago and it didnt really work so what makes them think it is going to work now?

EagleLord

Quote from: supersub on August 13, 2011, 12:29:52 AM
Do tell supersub..

No it actually was the Clarke incident I wasinterested in, but both scoops were good to get!

supersub

NedFlanders

Ugly scenes in Rostrevor last night, all avoidable but the referee was poor, should have given a free seconds before all hell broke loose. 2 players red carded but there could have been more, our no 6 got the works, suspected broken noes, to hit a player on a gaelic field is one thing, but to kick a man on the face when he is down is just down right unacceptable, but both teams were at fault in the mele.

Referee was poor for both team throughout, Keiran Trainor is not a Division 1 referee, was doing 3rds games there not so long ago, tells alot in my opinion

Gritty game but Rostrevor edged it, took their chances when they got them, chance gone for us to climb further up the table.

Leo

Long past time for us to ease up on the referees in these games.
As a neutral at Ballyholland-Burren last night the niggling intensity from some players was hard to ignorer but if the play is at one end while one "county defender"is mugging a "county forward" off the ball at the other end how is the referee supposed to see that?
And when the "county forward" choses an opportune moment to reek revenge while the play is elsewhere is the referee to blame again?
Facew it. we are an unsporting and bigoted lot.
Fierce tame altogether

redandblackareback

Quote from: NP 76 on August 13, 2011, 09:42:31 AM
Heard that about the ref in derry last night at James night wish his family the deepest condolences . James night in the canal court was excellent never saw as big of seated crowd in the Canal Court . A big number of players made the trip from all over Ireland about 8 or 10 of the Kerry team of the 60s and the same of the Galway team . The greatest commentator of them all made the trip from Kerry just shows the esteem the Mc Cartans are held in . Was a bit surprised not one of the current Down team was in attendance . Great night

And why would they be there??

NP 76

Just thought that because it was for one of Downs greatest players some of our current players should of been there out of respect for what James achieved not only for himself but for Down football

realgael

Quote from: SHEEDY on August 13, 2011, 05:33:36 AM
after reading about the sad death of a referee during a SHC match in Derry last night. deepest condolences to his family.

just shows how things could have worked out last week without the quick response of the medical personel. hope gabriel is continuing on the road to recovery.

With the death of the referee in Doire and also to the young gael in Warrenpoint last year.  Not to mention the very close calls to our very own Ref in Co.Down Gabriel Tumilty and also the young soccer player who collapsed on the pitch at the Milk Cup tournament last month.  Its now become apparent how important a defib is at the pitchside.

Research shows that using a defibrillator within five minutes of collapse provides the best possible outcome. For every minute that passes chances of survival decrease by 14 per cent.  Further research expanded these figures by concluding that survival rates are as high as 90 percent if a victim of sudden cardiac arrest is defibrillated within one minute. The survival rate is around 70 percent if defibrillation occurs within four minutes. If delivered 10 minutes after cardiac arrest, the survival rate drops to two percent.

At a recent away senior club match, we had asked a past chairman of the club where the defib was as we would like it to be placed at the pitchside.  His reponse was simply, "we don't have a defib and dont see the significance of having 1.  So we wont be getting 1."  I'll let you draw your own conclusions on what you think on this matter.

Finally I would like to highlight that a defib needs to be pitch side at every home game / Training and ever club needs to have one.  Funding is available if your club does not have one.
Each club needs to provide training to club members in how to use them.  Courses are available locally.
Finally could i ask that you locate you defib in your club and check that the cardiac pads are in date and not expired as these have to be renewed.  If the pads are expired and you have a cardiac arrest they may not stick to the persons chest and therefore ineffective.

5 Sams

Fair play Realgael....good 1st post...I would doubt if any club HASN'T got a defib at this stage and if they haven't their committee is negligent given the events of the past fews years..

As a wise man once said in our club..."It's better to be lookin at it than lookin for it."
The Aristocrat Years