Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueannavy

downjim your a sad little man ..

here comes 6

just home from newry and the double header was entertaining especially the first game where glenn and bosco went for it tooth and nail.  Was at most games over the weekend and by far this was the best game.  Two decent teams that probably should be in the second division with their fast flowing football.  Cant wait till the replay.  Alot of draws which is showing the competitions are very competitive throughout the county.

ardtole

You might have been at a good game tonight here comes 6, but to suggest bosco and glenn should be in div 2 is crazy. Glenn have some very good young players and might make div2 in the future but not next season. Bosco are an average div 3 team and might have played above themselves like a lot of teams do in the championship.

here comes 6

Maybe your right ardhole but i can only go on what ive seen from thurs night on. If all teams raise their game for the championship these two teams were in prime condition for it and deserve to be applaued for what was a thrilling game

ardtole

How did darragh cross and annaclone end up

thewobbler

The Chief

Two great games in Newry tonight
2nd match was exciting, with Annaclone just scraping home against Darragh Cross by a point, Aiden Fegan getting a sublime point to win it for the Clone in the last minute
The game turned on a red card with 4 minutes left when Darragh were a point up, their midfielder had been walking on thin ice all night and was sent off for constant fouling, think Darragh would have won had it not been for the sending off, they were exceptional in the 2nd half and came from 6 points behind at HT.

Annaclone will need to improve in later rounds
Bosco missed their chance tonight i think, Glenn will win the replay
Definitely worth the admission fee anyway after these 2 cliffhangers!

When We Win

Agree with the Chief. Bosco will rue so many missed scores, some goal chances too if they had picked out the support inside instead of shooting but a great game to watch.

Darragh Cross players must be gutted today. To be fair i did not think the midfielder deserved the second yellow as McArdle I think it was turned into a fair shoulder and came off second best. If the numbers had remained 15 aside i think Darragh had this one in the bag. They missed a few scoring opportunities as well.

The Clone will improve i am sure though. Anyone know who if favourite for the IFC?

I just hope the next round of games are as watchable as last nights.

The Chief

I think it was a half forward who was brought down or tripped when going through the middle after winning a break ball
It was a yellow by the letter of the law, but i think in context of being late on in a hard hitting close championship game it could have been let go, however the fact is the said player was spoken to by the ref at least 5 times for petty incidents and  left the ref with little choice

Clann na Banna are favourites for the IFC with the Newry bookmakers

Shamrocks have a few players to come back in and should get past Kilclief in the replay and i think they'll be hard to stop

RedFred

Quote from: here comes 6 on August 09, 2011, 10:34:18 PM
just home from newry and the double header was entertaining especially the first game where glenn and bosco went for it tooth and nail.  Was at most games over the weekend and by far this was the best game.  Two decent teams that probably should be in the second division with their fast flowing football.  Cant wait till the replay.  Alot of draws which is showing the competitions are very competitive throughout the county.

you must have been at a different game here comes 6. both teams gave the ball away consistently and took the wrong option up front. a 2nd division team would have put 4 goals past glenn last night, marking by both teams was slack to say the least. if you compare the two games the intensity was much higher in the 2nd game although i think both darragh and bosco have missed their chance.

True Blue

Replays

Around a Pound IFC
14/08/2011
18:00   Glenn    vs   St John Bosco       
Referee : Neill Cousins Venue : Shamrocks

Morgan Milk SFC
17/08/2011
19:00   Burren    vs   Longstone       
Referee : Con Reynolds Venue : Shamrocks

20:30   Castlewellan    vs   Clonduff       
Referee : Damien Laverty Venue : Shamrocks

Around a Pound IFC
17/08/2011
19:00   Shamrocks    vs   Kilclief       
Referee : Fearghal Laverty Venue : Kilcoo

Couldn't see the Dundrum v Carryduff replay in a cluttered fixture list on down website.

As for favouites in the SFC it will be the usual suspects, Kilcoo, Ford, Bridge & Burren? (Longstone could ypset this too)

In the IFC, I take it the Newry bookmakers don't go to many matches. Clann's were brutal against a very poor Drumgath. Favourites must still be Annaclone despite their poor 2nd half last nite. Yes they are lucky to be still there but that's what makes champions. The winners of Shamrocks and Kilclief will push them to the wire.

As for the JFC, I didn't see any of the first games but looking at the results, is it a case of it's Saul's to lose?
The minute you start talking about what you're going to do if you lose, you have lost.

spiritof91and94

Quote from: True Blue on August 10, 2011, 12:19:24 PM
Replays

Around a Pound IFC
14/08/2011

Morgan Milk SFC
17/08/2011

Around a Pound IFC
17/08/2011

Couldn't see the Dundrum v Carryduff replay in a cluttered fixture list on down website.

As for favouites in the SFC it will be the usual suspects, Kilcoo, Ford, Bridge & Burren? (Longstone could ypset this too)

In the IFC, I take it the Newry bookmakers don't go to many matches. Clann's were brutal against a very poor Drumgath. Favourites must still be Annaclone despite their poor 2nd half last nite. Yes they are lucky to be still there but that's what makes champions. The winners of Shamrocks and Kilclief will push them to the wire.

As for the JFC, I didn't see any of the first games but looking at the results, is it a case of it's Saul's to lose?

Two replays in Newry 7pm and 8.30pm on a Wednesday Night - County Board are really thinking of the working man, any construction worker from stone or burren would need to leave work at 3pm - things are tight in the profession and the timings are wrong imo.

whitegoodman

Quote from: spiritof91and94 on August 10, 2011, 12:34:37 PM
Replays

Around a Pound IFC
14/08/2011

Morgan Milk SFC
17/08/2011

Around a Pound IFC
17/08/2011

Two replays in Newry 7pm and 8.30pm on a Wednesday Night - County Board are really thinking of the working man, any construction worker from stone or burren would need to leave work at 3pm - things are tight in the profession and the timings are wrong imo.

+1

Dont like criticising people who have a tough job but they are really thinking about the £ here with the double header.  One match should be on the wednesday night at 8 oclock and the other on thursday night at 8 oclock.  Some of the stone supporters never mind players may struggle to get to newry for 7 on a wednesday night.

Some of u kilcoo boys couldnt be that happy either with the fact that yas may have to do stewarting at the intermediate match in kilcoo instead of being able to go and see the senior matches in newry.

razor

Replays

Around a Pound IFC
14/08/2011

Morgan Milk SFC
17/08/2011

Around a Pound IFC
17/08/2011

Around a Pound IFC
15/08/2011
19:00   Carryduff vs Dundrum      
Referee : Oliver Burke  Venue : Drumaness

outinfront

Replays

Around a Pound IFC
14/08/2011

Morgan Milk SFC
17/08/2011

Around a Pound IFC
17/08/2011

I would think Bredagh will have a say!