Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DownFanatic

JFC
Dromara  0-11 vs 0-7 Aughlisnafin 

IFC
Shamrocks 2-10  Kilclief 1-13

That's the second year in a row we have drawn with Carryduff in the 1st round of the IFC. Last years replay went to extra time which Carryduff just edged home.

Oglach

Shamrocks and Kilclief played out a draw in what was a fairly intertaining game. The 2nd game was a tight affair also with clonduff having the lion's share of possession but couldn't put the ball between the sticks. Jason Brown recieved a straight red for a strike with five minutes remaining and i felt the Ref then leaned towards the yellows on remaining time plus 5 minutes injury time.
Clonduff's equalising score came with 25 seconds remainig. The Town will rue this one.
I'd like to say well done to Kilcoo on managing a double header in the manner the did, Car parking was a question mark but it was well planned and carried out by committee members and senior players.

DownFanatic

Just a word of praise to the young referee Mooney in our game today. Great to see a young whistler competently handling a Senior Championship game.

dundrumite

Quote from: DownFanatic on August 07, 2011, 06:37:25 PM
Just a word of praise to the young referee Mooney in our game today. Great to see a young whistler competently handling a Senior Championship game.

On a weekend when referees are getting crap he handled the game well. One rule I would be in favour of changing in Gaelic football would be allowing an advantage. I think we were in for two goal chances and the game was called back. Essentially this is punishing the attacking team who are getting fouled and the team carrying out a well timed cynical foul are gaining advantage.

MK

thegael

Half time
It is there for the stone to take it .
Longstone 0.08  Burren 1.08

KIDDO 4

Burren 1.9 Longstone0.8 , 4 gone second half

BRIDGE LAD

Burren match called off with mins to go, ref collapsed! Poor man, hope he recovers but didnt look good!

EagleLord

Heard someone say that bridge lad, what happened?? Horrible thing to happen, brings back bad memories..

5 Sams

The Aristocrat Years

Mid Down Gael

That was one scary incident in Newry. Poor Gabriel Tumitly, appears to be a massive heart attack. They eventually got him round and promptly the emergency services rushed him to hospital. Lets hope he is ok, Gabriel is one gentleman and i feel so sorry for him tonight.

Dubh driocht

It was shocking for all concerned and particularly for any relatives of Gabriel who may have been in the crowd. However, credit to the medical staff from both teams who got to work immediately. The ambulance car was on the pitch within 10 minutes and the ambulance itself 5 minutes after that.
Gabriel was having a fine game and let's all hope he makes a full recovery.

here comes 6

my thoughts and im sure everyone elses thoughts tonight are with Gaberial and his family.   This man give up his sunday night to do this game and this happens to him.  I hope Gaberial you pull through.  My prayes and all of the gaa familys prayers are for you tonight

whitegoodman

That was scary shit, I thought he was a gonner for sure, all credit to all involved in getting him round including Dan mccartan who seemed closest to the incident and got him turned on his side before he swallowed his tongue. Ambrose  mum also very quick on the scene to help before the doc arrived. Someone said that he was talking and asked for a drink of water which hopefully is the case and hopefully he makes a full recovery.

Certainly puts a football match into perspective

Shortso79

Awful scenes in Newry tonight

My thoughts and prayers are with the ref and his family

Everybody was in shock

Puts everything into perspective