Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Maybe it's only championship, but I thought you could start a game minus the full compliment but had to be up to 15 by the start of the second half or the other team were awarded the points or game.

Aside our poor form in the reserve league continued last night when we got beat at home by Ballycran by 5 points in the end, not a bad game but we're struggling for scores at this level and its hurting us.

Another spate of injuries yet again as a good few lads had played the previous night for the seniors in the Antrim league..

Colonel Cool

Quote from: johnneycool on June 08, 2007, 11:57:20 AM
Maybe it's only championship, but I thought you could start a game minus the full compliment but had to be up to 15 by the start of the second half or the other team were awarded the points or game.

Aside our poor form in the reserve league continued last night when we got beat at home by Ballycran by 5 points in the end, not a bad game but we're struggling for scores at this level and its hurting us.

Another spate of injuries yet again as a good few lads had played the previous night for the seniors in the Antrim league..

Youse have Antrim matches tomorrow as well There all coming thick and fast but thats what we need really. Youse brought a big squad to Ballycran on Tuesday for the junior match
I'm not Homer Simpson. That ship has sailed. I'm "Colonel Cool"!

thewobbler

Why is hurling such a poor relation in Down? Because four times as many clubs play football as hurling.

Out in Front

Division 3
Glenn 0-11 Tullylish 0-11

Pangurban

A.C.F.L. Friday 11th June  Loughinisland 2-12  Leitrim 11

DownFanatic

Down ACFL Division 3

Dundrum 1-07   Saul 0-19

We were brought down to earth with an almighty thud in this one. That was the most complete performance Ive seen this year from a Division 3 team. Saul were immense and on top in every sector throughout. They played an excellent possession game and rarely give the ball away. They were well disciplined, sharp and motivated so fair play to them. If they can maintain this type of performance, they will go a long way.

Result from last night: Teconnaught 2-07  Drumgath 1-09

Colonel Cool

I'm not Homer Simpson. That ship has sailed. I'm "Colonel Cool"!

cloneman

Carryduff 2-6 Annaclone 5-12

This game was over after 10 minutes, Annaclone scoring 3-1 to Carryduffs 0-1.  The half time score was 4-7 to 0-2 so the second half pretty much had the atmosphere of a friendly.  The last two games have really helped Annaclone's score difference but it has to be said it has been against two very poor teams.

Minus15

Out in front what did u make of the game in Glenn 2nite. probably a fair result I have 2 say. Just a mention for Leo Smyth i thought he had a great game 2nite and was consistent in punishing lifting off the ground without use of the toe. fair play 2 him he warned the captains before the game and sruck 2 his guns.

Whitehair

Div2
Kilclief 0.15 Clann na Banna 1.9

Tight match up until the last quarter until kilclief pulled away, ciaran sloane and ricky kerr kicking some good points, deserved winners. Bann could have stolen a point at the death but as a hand pass was a few inches too far from putting ruairi gillen through one on one.

thewobbler

DOWN GAA RESULTS

Friday 8th June 7:15pm

O'Neills International Sportswear League

Div One

Bryansford 1.5 Rostrevor 1.11

Atticall off Clonduff

Mayobridge 1.11 Longstone 1.9

Castlewellan 0.7 Kilcoo 1.5

An Riocht 0.13 Burren 0.13

Loughinisland 2.12 Liatroim 1.5

Div Two

Ballymartin 3.17 Warrenpoint 1.4

Kilclief 0.15 Clann Na Banna 1.9

Ballyholland 6.14 Darragh Cross 0.9

Carryduff 2.6 Annaclone 5.12

Glasdrumman 1.3 Saval 0.13

Div Three

Teconnaught 2.7 Drumgath 1.9

Bright 2.9 Mitchels 0.10

Glenn 0.11 Tullylish 0.11

Dundrum 1.7 Saul 0.19

Ardglass 3.11 Bosco 3.9

St. Pauls v Bredagh

Div Four

Aughlisnafin 0.1 St. Johns 1.26

Drumaness 0.16 Aghaderg 0.10

St. Michaels 1.18 Ballykinlar 1.0

Ballyholland's game was a bit like Annaclone's i.e. over after 10 minutes, as we scored 3 goals during that time. Darragh Cross were well understrength and managerless, but it was still a good show from our boys, especially in the second half. Shane Mulholland started for the first time this season and scored 5 or 6.

DownFanatic

Latest Down ACFL Division 3 Table

Teconnaught   16
Saul   15
Tullylish   15
Dundrum   15
------------------------------------
Bredagh   13
Glenn   12
Bosco   11
Drumgath   11
------------------------------------
Ardglass   11
Mitchels   7
St Pauls   6
Bright   6

Outstanding Fixtures

Tullylish v Bosco
St Pauls v Bredagh (Match Abandoned - yet to be officially confirmed)

Out in Front

Quote from: Minus15 on June 08, 2007, 09:57:27 PM
Out in front what did u make of the game in Glenn 2nite. probably a fair result I have 2 say. Just a mention for Leo Smyth i thought he had a great game 2nite and was consistent in punishing lifting off the ground without use of the toe. fair play 2 him he warned the captains before the game and sruck 2 his guns.

It was a fair result ok but both teams were guilty of some glaring wides though. At least Glen played better than the last time I saw them against Ardglass a few weeks ago.
Who was the Glen number 18 - 'a big bussling forward!"
Leo was the same for both teams which isn't bad for a referee but he made some strange decisions against the two sides. If the first half had gone on any longer I thought he might have lost control - it looked like it might cut up a bit.

One thing that I did notice was the language (F**k in particular) coming from some players on both sides. It was aimed at Leo after certain decisions and it was aimed at their own teammates. There was even some from the sideline aimed at Leo. He didn't react to any of it though which if he'd done so from the start - like the lifting off the ground - it might have put an end to it.

BTW, who's the Glen manager?

passedit

Match was abandoned Imagine. St Pauls midfielder sent off for dissent then told Gelston he wasnt welcome in Holywood, Gelson blew the match off. Ridiculous decision and another agenda being pusued here.

Watch this space.
Don't Panic

pearses

What will happen about the Bredagh V St Pauls match? It was well into injury time when he blew it up, but im sure that doesn't matter.